What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Anyone actually watching the Cavs? Mitchell box scores are great, what’s the eye test? Any defense?
I watched the Toronto game back on Wednesday. Garland got poked in the eye and left the game in the first half. Mitchell put the team on his back but fell just a little short at the end. Regarding defense, it’s night and day compared to what he was putting out here. It’s not like he can shut people down but It’s obvious that he’s at least making an effort on that side of the ball with switches etc.

Donovan looks really good against Chicago but Bulls were on a second night of a B2B. Let's see how long he will give an effort on d, he had those games here also when he tried. For me the most interesting is if he's going to improve in clutch situations, both efficiency and desicion making? How will his new coaching staff manage that?

Donovan looks really good against Chicago but Bulls were on a second night of a B2B. Let's see how long he will give an effort on d, he had those games here also when he tried. For me the most interesting is if he's going to improve in clutch situations, both efficiency and desicion making? How will his new coaching staff manage that?
Donovan is good at basketball and clutch stats hugely vary season to season with all players

I watched the Toronto game back on Wednesday. Garland got poked in the eye and left the game in the first half. Mitchell put the team on his back but fell just a little short at the end. Regarding defense, it’s night and day compared to what he was putting out here. It’s not like he can shut people down but It’s obvious that he’s at least making an effort on that side of the ball with switches etc.
For those that have a cable package that includes the NBA channel, a chance to see Mitchell in action on the back end of a b2b. At Wizards, Game starts at 5pm MST.

Last edited:
Donovan is good at basketball and clutch stats hugely vary season to season with all players
They varied from "kind of bad" to "really bad" with Donovan.

2018:

USG%: 43.9
TS%: 49.8

2019:

USG%: 43.7
TS%: 47.3

2020:

USG%: 40.5
TS: 55.3

2021:

USG%: 43.4
TS%: 49.0

2022:

USG%: 37.7
TS%: 39.4 (LOL)

(For reference, league average TS% is around 56.6%).

A low to REALLY low TS% combined with an obscenely high USG% every year was just a death sentence for the Jazz in the clutch throughout his career.

Lakers lost to Portland, Lillard with 41, Westbrook helped Blazers to come back at the end with missed shots.