What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I definitely overestimated how quickly the Wolves would gel. That team is kind of a mess.

D'Lo is definitely one of the much befuddling players in the league. Sometimes you watch him and it's beautiful, but like 60% it's pretty mediocre.
Yeah I get the same feeling.

Gobert was 4/11 from the field for 9 points tonight. Chris Finch called a couple post-ups for Gobert in crunch time that didn’t end well and Timberwolves fans are pissed.
They should be more pissed about DLo who is such a bad money time player....Rudy since the beginning of the season do what he can do. The problem might also be that people expect Rudy to score 20-25 every night, things that he is unable to do as his offfensive skill are very limited. You can't play post-up all the time. If they are not happy, send him back to Utah and we are definitly a contender ;)

I agree with you. Won't be surprised if Cavs ended 1st or 2nd of the regular season. They have a very well balanced team, a good bench. When DG is back they might be hard to beat. And if Don don't struggle in PO, they might be a very serious contender.
The good thing is that we don't get their pick over the next few years so we can actually enjoy watching Mitchell destroy the league for a few years.

Nah, I'd put Ja above him.

Mitchell playing crazy, but the bigger story is the Cavs shooters. That's why they are overachieving despite DG being out.
I didn't realize Luka is putting up the numbers he is. Guys are putting up some monster numbers to start the year.

I agree with you. Won't be surprised if Cavs ended 1st or 2nd of the regular season. They have a very well balanced team, a good bench. When DG is back they might be hard to beat. And if Don don't struggle in PO, they might be a very serious contender.
I don’t care what the Cavs do this year or next. It all depends on if they can keep him through the 24’ season. If not, or if the team implodes at some point because of how much they’re paying out in salaries. . .

That would make the trade a home run for the Jazz. I’m fine if Don (and the Cavs as an extension) are great this year and/or next. I just want the wheels to fall off before the 2025 draft.

Minnesota, Philly, Houston and Brooklyn? Eff them all sideways right now. I want all 4 teams in the lottery this year.

Mitchell has been incredible. I’m kinda salty.

But I also always wondered how it’d be seeing him in a different uniform, and it really hasn’t been a big deal. Him playing the best ball of his career not with the Jazz is a shame though. We’ll see how it ages. Right now it’s rookie Mitchell hustle/passion with prime Mitchell skills. Jazz never had that player.
Is he actually making an effort on D then? We saw him go absolutely bonkers ballistic in offense plenty of times but his inability to do anything meaningful in the clutch and his abject refusal to play anything remotely resembling defense was his downfall. No matter how many great scoring games he had, we saw where that gets you ultimately. Maybe this kicks him in the pants and gets him to actually GAF on defense. Time will tell.

Is he actually making an effort on D then? We saw him go absolutely bonkers ballistic in offense plenty of times but his inability to do anything meaningful in the clutch and his abject refusal to play anything remotely resembling defense was his downfall. No matter how many great scoring games he had, we saw where that gets you ultimately. Maybe this kicks him in the pants and gets him to actually GAF on defense. Time will tell.
Honestly, I haven't watched enough. So that was an uniformed post. But his stat lines are amazing, and the vibes in Cleveland seem great. Complete opposite of whatever those Jazz teams were the last few years.

Honestly, I haven't watched enough. So that was an uniformed post. But his stat lines are amazing, and the vibes in Cleveland seem great. Complete opposite of whatever those Jazz teams were the last few years.
Too bad he couldn't put forth that effort here. We were not derailed by personnel as much as we were by lack of personal effort, and not just from Mitchell. Sad.

Too bad he couldn't put forth that effort here. We were not derailed by personnel as much as we were by lack of personal effort, and not just from Mitchell. Sad.
Yea, I saw Tony Jones on Twitter saying he deserves praise for keeping his mouth shut and not tanking his value. And it's like... ok, but what about being a good teammate and trying to make it work in the place that adored him and he was still signed with for years? As it was, what happened needed to happen. But Mitchell is back to looking like he can be a top 12 player in this league. We never once saw what the Jazz could have been, because by the time Mitchell was hitting his prime everything was already FUBAR with the team. Damn shame.

Last edited:
I've watched a bit... his defensive effort isn't much different. I think they have better overall personnel with Mobley and Allen patrolling the paint.

The environment was so bad I doubt a new voice would have changed it... sucks but I think flushing the whole thing was still very much the right move.

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how this Cleveland experiment goes. As you said, Don blows up box scores like few I’ve ever seen. Yet… the way he bogs down an offense and plays zero defense really does become a liability against the better teams. Only time will tell.

Not sure if the twolves are too happy either. That team lacks a playmaker or two and I think other teams are starting to use speed to counter their size.

The Jazz have gotta be feelin pretty good. They’ve got some nice pieces right now, a ton of picks, etc.

I've watched a bit... his defensive effort isn't much different. I think they have better overall personnel with Mobley and Allen patrolling the paint.

The environment was so bad I doubt a new voice would have changed it... sucks but I think flushing the whole thing was still very much the right move.
Agreed, from what I've seen he is pretty much the same player. The only difference I would say is that he looks better in the clutch than he did last year when he was absolutely garbage.

Absolutely it was the right move. Just sad how it all deteriorated and fell apart when it could have been so good. Feels like an ex you have a hard time getting over, even though you know you were no good for each other.

So Myles Turner out here on the Woj pod saying why he thinks the Lakers should trade for him. Lets just take a minute to thank Donovan for not being an *** like that.

Weird ****.
He really said that?

I kind of don't blame him too much. Indiana has had him in trade discussions basically every season. I'm sure he wants to play for a team that values him more.