What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Here's another Jimmy Highroller on traveling in the NBA today and why officiating is so bad...from a fan's point of view. Also explains why offense is so much stronger now than it was a decade ago.

And AD. Gobert always struggled against the highest-caliber centers in the league. Pretty much feasted on everyone else, but those guys gave him fits. Of course, that is their thing, they give everyone fits. Show me one player that can single-handedly shut down Embiid, or Jokic or AD.
Dennis Rodman

I'm a broken record here, but we really did do the Lakers a solid. Pelinka owes DA one... might have saved his job.

They started all 3 guys they got in that trade and looked in sync and dominant when playing Pels starters. Didnt play anyone on the roster more than 30:10 either, and only time Pels looked good was a stretch during 2nd quarter bench rotations when Mo Bamba was bricking 3s every other LA possession. Lebron only took 14 shots, and they still cruised to victory and went to end of bench guys late in the 4th.

Its just a couple of games, but I'm calling the Lakers as 7th or 8th seed right now. Just hoping Wolves are finishing below them.

This is weird. I show he's playing 20 mpg for a team that is a contender, no? Isn't that the role he'd be seeking?
He has been a healthy scratch since end of January. He put up unplayable splits (30% from the field, 22% from 3) that month and had a minor back injury which resulted him losing his rotation spot.

He just cannot play significant minutes for a contender anymore, so they tried to trade him for a bag of peanuts but no one wanted to touch him. At least now he may get to play somewhere this season.

I'm a broken record here, but we really did do the Lakers a solid. Pelinka owes DA one... might have saved his job.

They started all 3 guys they got in that trade and looked in sync and dominant when playing Pels starters. Didnt play anyone on the roster more than 30:10 either, and only time Pels looked good was a stretch during 2nd quarter bench rotations when Mo Bamba was bricking 3s every other LA possession. Lebron only took 14 shots, and they still cruised to victory and went to end of bench guys late in the 4th.

Its just a couple of games, but I'm calling the Lakers as 7th or 8th seed right now. Just hoping Wolves are finishing below them.
If we helped Pelinka save his job then we helped ourselves and the league long term… he sucks.

He has been a healthy scratch since end of January. He put up unplayable splits (30% from the field, 22% from 3) that month and had a minor back injury which resulted him losing his rotation spot.

He just cannot play significant minutes for a contender anymore, so they tried to trade him for a bag of peanuts but no one wanted to touch him. At least now he may get to play somewhere this season.
When I watched the Cavs to start the year him and Dean Wade were really helping the Cavs with their spacing/shooting. Surprised they are doing this even if he played poorly. Rest him for the playoffs

All those guys might not be there next year though. They also ayed the Pelicans who have been pretty bad the last month.

All those guys might not be there next year though. They also ayed the Pelicans who have been pretty bad the last month.
True, but I think the only way Pelinka saves his job is they make the playoffs this season.

Pels were bad in January after Zion injury... but since Ingram came back and returned to form they have been better. I dont think they can make it to top 6 seeds unless Zion comes back soon and stays healthy. They look like they dont have any contender quality depth.

True, but I think the only way Pelinka saves his job is they make the playoffs this season.

Pels were bad in January after Zion injury... but since Ingram came back and returned to form they have been better. I dont think they can make it to top 6 seeds unless Zion comes back soon and stays healthy. They look like they dont have any contender quality depth.
I hope he saves his job... I also think if the honeymoon period with DLo is good enough they do an extension its a long term win for us. The longer Pelinka is in charge the better that 2027 pick is (I don't care about the protections... given the choice of them being competent or bad... I'd take bad).

We did the best we could and it is in our best interest that the Lakers are good. They need to pass us and we don't want to gift NO another high pick.

The Lakers being better means we keep a high lottery pick away from the Pelicans which in the end helps us more.
Agreed and this is the main reason I have been rooting for them as much as I hate doing it. Pelicans have enough assets and promising players.. they dont need another top 10 pick.

Albeit I'm starting to think Zions body isnt meant for basketball, and if he cannot get leaner his career will continue to look like it has thus far.

Pretty sure he's already signed an extension

Agreed and this is the main reason I have been rooting for them as much as I hate doing it. Pelicans have enough assets and promising players.. they dont need another top 10 pick.

Albeit I'm starting to think Zions body isnt meant for basketball, and if he cannot get leaner his career will continue to look like it has thus far.
I think Danny did us a solid... we all feel so dirty rooting for the Lakers... we can justify it now as we want to see Vando and Malik do well as former Jazz men.