What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Crazy how much that final minute of the first half impacted this game. Denver's maturity is the difference

MIN played DEN even (more than even) except for the 2 minutes when MIN benched everyone and those last first half seconds

-10 in the bench unit
-8 in the last seconds of the first half

That’s the difference right there and how DEN won the game.

I don't know what's more dumb: Criticizing Gobert for attending the birth of his first child, or blaming Gobert for a loss in which his team got outscored by 17 while he was off the court.

Get you someone who loves you as much as Steve loves Gobert. The defending that man does of him is admirable.

Denver wins this next one and it has to be over for the Wolves right?

Still, no team has won at home in this series.. lol..

Get you someone who loves you as much as Steve loves Gobert. The defending that man does of him is admirable.
I don't defend him from warranted criticism. Just from the moronic stuff.

I know right? I mean he’s left the team. He’s gone. Get over it. LoL
That's what people were trying to tell you when you were trying to get a hate rally going over his attending his child's birth.

Doubling down by being extra stupid isn’t having the effect you think it is. Crazy how when you use a number in two completely different ways you get two different results.
At some point you have to look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourselves why Gobert led teams can’t get out of the second round and blow series leads. I’ve heard every excuse in the book.

Doubling down by being extra stupid isn’t having the effect you think it is. Crazy how when you use a number in two completely different ways you get two different results.
Elizah Huge starts arguing like a politician whenever he gets proven wrong.

I think he has to know how disingenous his own arguments are.

At some point you have to look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourselves why Gobert led teams can’t get out of the second round and blow series leads. I’ve heard every excuse in the book.

Like I said, being stupid intentionally (I don’t believe you are actually that stupid) does not have the effect you think it does. If it’s so obvious, then you wouldn’t have to do dumb **** like that.

It’s no longer viable in today’s NBA to have someone so non-factor on offense on the floor at the end of games imo.

When you can’t score down the stretch it puts so much pressure on your other guys to do it, not to mention the lack of spacing for them too.

Elizah Huge starts arguing like a politician whenever he gets proven wrong.

I think he has to know how disingenous his own arguments are.

I’m not even commenting on your disagreement, that stat nerd in me just knows stupidity when I see it. Gotta call it out.

You can’t denounce a stat by using in an intentionally stupid way that is completely different than how it was presented in the first place. It would be like saying 3FG% is dumb because Jokic was 1-5.

MIN played DEN even (more than even) except for the 2 minutes when MIN benched everyone and those last first half seconds

-10 in the bench unit
-8 in the last seconds of the first half

That’s the difference right there and how DEN won the game.
That's the strangest take. You can with the same confidence say that the game has never been close and has been a complete blowout by Denver except for... (insert any two stretches when Minnesota scored several points in a row).

That's the strangest take. You can with the same confidence say that the game has never been close and has been a complete blowout by Denver except for... (insert any two stretches when Minnesota scored several points in a row).

Is it strange to point out the swing points in the game? Is it not ok to talk about which lineups worked and which did not?

Yeah, very strange.

When it's directly attributable to a rare lineup decision in a big playoff game (all bench players vs several Nuggets starters for a couple minutes) and a literal 8 points in 20 seconds run, I think it's fair to do.

I’m not even commenting on your disagreement, that stat nerd in me just knows stupidity when I see it. Gotta call it out.

You can’t denounce a stat by using in an intentionally stupid way that is completely different than how it was presented in the first place. It would be like saying 3FG% is dumb because Jokic was 1-5.
You sound super smart right now. Fact is Anthony Edwards is only a +1 for the series. What does that mean?

When it's directly attributable to a rare lineup decision in a big playoff game (all bench players vs several Nuggets starters for a couple minutes) and a literal 8 points in 20 seconds run, I think it's fair to do.

I think the 8 points in 20 seances….Wolves just got to accept that they blew it but I guess that’s part of the game.

The all bench unit, that was a critical, avoidable coaching mistake that should never ever happen. I don’t think that should be off limits to talk about.