What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Jrue: 6-3.25 (w/out shoes), 6-7 wingspan (https://craftednba.com/player-traits/length). Nothing all that spectacular.

Keyonte: 6-4 and 6-6. (same website). I doubt these measurements are official though, unlike Jrue's. I've always thought as him as about 6-4 with shoes. Until proven otherwise, I'm thinking he's slightly shorter or at best the same height as Jrue.
I think that sounds about right on Key.

Jrue is build like a brick *****ouse though. Key is light.
Remember that he lost a ton of weight before the season on his own diet program. I am interested to see what two years on an NBA fitness regimen does for him. I get the impression he's an above average workout warrior.

The Celtics are often doubling Luka up high as well, but they’re doing a better job stopping Kyrie.
I remember it totally differently. I cant remember almost any blitzes, collapses or traps on Luka, up high or inside. They essentially let Luka and Kyrie create their own shots while shutting down their passing by staying home on everyone else.

Even after Luka got hot and the Mavs closed the gap in the 2nd half, they didnt seem to switch that approach.

Remember that he lost a ton of weight before the season on his own diet program. I am interested to see what two years on an NBA fitness regimen does for him. I get the impression he's an above average workout warrior.
This is true… I just doubt he’ll ever get as strong as Jrue. Dudes a tank.

I remember it totally differently. I cant remember almost any blitzes, collapses or traps on Luka, up high or inside. They essentially let Luka and Kyrie create their own shots while shutting down their passing by staying home on everyone else.

Even after Luka got hot and the Mavs closed the gap in the 2nd half, they didnt seem to switch that approach.
I think this is the best way to defend the Mavs. Though Luka and Kyrie are so good it often doesn't matter what you do.

I think the Mavs win today

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think this is the best way to defend the Mavs. Though Luka and Kyrie are so good it often doesn't matter what you do.

I think the Mavs win today

If Celtics continue to play 1on1 I think Luka and Kyrie are gonna eventually exploit that and Cs are gonna have to change their approach.

I mean Luka almost singlehandedly closed the 29 point gap last game (got it down to 8), but had he gone for his own shot all along the gap may have not been there at all.

Tatum is the wild card though. He has been close to trash on offense this postseason.. but if he wakes up it may be too much for the Mavs.

If Celtics continue to play 1on1 I think Luka and Kyrie are gonna eventually exploit that and Cs are gonna have to change their approach.

I mean Luka almost singlehandedly closed the 29 point gap last game (got it down to 8), but had he gone for his own shot all along the gap may have not been there at all.

Tatum is the wild card though. He has been close to trash on offense this postseason.. but if he wakes up it may be too much for the Mavs.
I don't think Luka has enough energy to carry that hard. Kyrie got to be playing at his top level as well

Ya it seems like every time I check a Celtics box score Tatum is like 6-19 or something.
Has been rebounding well though at least iirc.

Just checked the stats. He is averaging over 10 rebounds per game in every playoff series this year.

Shooting is down (especially 3 point shooting) but not quite as bad as I thought. ppg is decent. Assists are pretty good (about 6 per game)

Just gotta say this.

Celtics dancers are some of the best looking in the NBA.

They get things right there down to the minute detail.

Celtics are very balanced both offensively and defensively. They space the floor very well, have two drivers and are, for the most part, opportunistic ball movers. This may be the type of team the Jazz want to put together.

Lot of debate about whether or not a team can win a title without a top 5 guy.

Boston's going to cruise to a title without one.

Jrue: 6-3.25 (w/out shoes), 6-7 wingspan (https://craftednba.com/player-traits/length). Nothing all that spectacular.

Keyonte: 6-4 and 6-6. (same website). I doubt these measurements are official though, unlike Jrue's. I've always thought as him as about 6-4 with shoes. Until proven otherwise, I'm thinking he's slightly shorter or at best the same height as Jrue.
Jrue and Keyonte are two totally different players except for their height (and even there George is appreciably shorter). It makes zero sense to discuss them as if the absence of a drastic difference in height and length makes them comparable.

Back