What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

The *OFFICAIL* Jazzfanz Crypto Mining Thread

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Holy ****!

I opened my package that was a 14TB Enterprise grade HDD that I paid $488 for before taxes and there were 4 HDDs in the box! Wow!

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Holy ****!

I opened my package that was a 14TB Enterprise grade HDD that I paid $488 for before taxes and there were 4 HDDs in the box! Wow!
Wah wah, I'm dumb. These are SAS drives. They are super awesome if you have a way to use SAS drives. Selling them on KSL right now. Should still be a really good thing for me.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
I was looking at pre built computers for sell here. I can get a rig for $4500 that comes with a nice case with lots of fans, water cooled, rtx 3090, Intel I9 10900k, 1t nvme m.2, Corsair 32 gb of ram, and other stuff but that's the core. I might pick one up soon.

Safetydan

I have a rig coming through Cyberpower with a 3080. Can you game and mine at the same time? Or is it more one or the other?

Related: I bought the Bitcoin and ETH on the dip this morning.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I have a rig coming through Cyberpower with a 3080. Can you game and mine at the same time? Or is it more one or the other?

Related: I bought the Bitcoin and ETH on the dip this morning.
You can, depending on GPU utilization by the game your mining will either decrease a lot or pretty much all the way and the gaming experience might suffer too.

It's important when mining to tune the GPU specifically for that and then switch to either stock settings or a game friendly tune for gaming. If you don't tune for mining you'll get a much lower hash rate and use A LOT more power than you need to.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Now is an excellent time to be mining even with the dip in price. Trading volume for ETH is usually around $40-$50B and right now it is at $80B. That pushed trading fees through the roof and miners get a good chunk of those fees.

I started mining when ETH was worth $1500 and it was well worth it then. Things are still really really good for mining right now.

Wes Mantooth

Hopefully the Feds don’t get get involved with crypto too much. I’m thinking they don’t. This China **** doesn’t worry me. It’s the third time they’ve pulled this nonsense. 2013, 2017, 2021.

Al-O-Meter

So... what can you actually buy with Etherium, besides stuff on the dark web?

EDIT: Google is my frieeeeend.
I’m sure someone can find exceptions, but Etherium isn’t really used on the dark web. The vast majority of dark web transactions are either Bitcoin or Monero. The single biggest dark net market currently is Monero only.
monero.jpg

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I’m sure someone can find exceptions, but Etherium isn’t really used on the dark web. The vast majority of dark web transactions are either Bitcoin or Monero. The single biggest dark net market currently is Monero only.
monero.jpg
That should be a Jazz city jersey in 2022

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Got my LLC registered, got my EIN, setup a business email account and just got back from setting up my Business bank accounts. Also just sent my first deposit to the account.

<-- Excited