The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Staff member
Huh. It shows up when I quote you.

His vote here doesn't give me reason to dislike him. He seems genuinely thoughtful about it, which is what I want in a representative. Honest and wise, and all that.

I find him neither honest nor wise. I find him opportunistic and lacking integrity. How else do you explain this

I think you missed the point of my link, though. The context was a SL Trib report where his own campaign issued this statement: "Although Sen. Romney and I usually vote together -- and with a majority of Senate Republicans -- we voted differently. It shows neither one of us blindly defers to anyone."

The Trib's headline about the statement said something like, "Lee defends Romney's right to vote to convict".

In response Lee said this: "This headline is not only misleading, but affirmatively deceptive. The Salt Lake Tribune will stop at nothing to undermine and create divisions within the Republican Party."

To recap: they run a story about him supporting Romney. He accuses them of creating divisions. In his mind, supporting a fellow Republican's right to vote their conscience to convict = "creating divisions". Because he has sold his soul to Trump.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I find him neither honest nor wise. I find him opportunistic and lacking integrity. How else do you explain this

I think you missed the point of my link, though. The context was a SL Trib report where his own campaign issued this statement: "Although Sen. Romney and I usually vote together -- and with a majority of Senate Republicans -- we voted differently. It shows neither one of us blindly defers to anyone."

The Trib's headline about the statement said something like, "Lee defends Romney's right to vote to convict".

In response Lee said this: "This headline is not only misleading, but affirmatively deceptive. The Salt Lake Tribune will stop at nothing to undermine and create divisions within the Republican Party."

To recap: they run a story about him supporting Romney. He accuses them of creating divisions. In his mind, supporting a fellow Republican's right to vote their conscience to convict = "creating divisions". Because he has sold his soul to Trump.
Yep and let's remember that back in 2015 he thought Trump sucked and didn't even vote for trump.
Now suddenly he sees that backing Trump night be beneficial to him and he things trump is similar to captain Moroni.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Thriller

Outstanding post

The Thriller

Just to add to the last two fantastic posts, I find Republicans continuing to insult all media other than Fox News/Newsmax/OANN to be nauseating. This schtick is tired and played out for most of us. It just sounds petty and paranoid now when they attack the media for doing their jobs all while bowing to right wing propaganda.

idestroyedthetoilet

I did miss it. All I saw was the tweet after I quoted you, nothing about the Trib or the rabble rousing.

Edit - the tweet doesn't even show up for me in my post quote anymore.

cowhide

When politicians don't understand the machinery and how to get things done, they turn to not only staff, but also lobbyists. Term limits just increases the scope and influence of lobbyists.
So how do you get the lobbyist out of the picture or perhaps my regulation is need on what lobbyist can do. I am not advocating 8 years as the term limit but having guys like Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McTurtle, or Diane Finestine still have power when they are close to 80-90years old is ridiculous.

One Brow

So how do you get the lobbyist out of the picture or perhaps my regulation is need on what lobbyist can do. I am not advocating 8 years as the term limit but having guys like Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McTurtle, or Diane Finestine still have power when they are close to 80-90years old is ridiculous.
I might be wrong about this, but lobbying seems like a good candidate for First amendment protections ("petition the government for the redress of grievances").

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I might be wrong about this, but lobbying seems like a good candidate for First amendment protections ("petition the government for the redress of grievances").
You are probably right, and that sucks. Then all lobbying should be completely transparent and public. Nothing allowed behind closed doors, and all monies that change hands needs to be publicly announced and tracked. Frankly the money aspect needs to be limited or removed entirely, no money can move from a group engaging in lobbying to any politician, even as a donation to their campaign. Not allowed. You want to try to exert power over the political process, then do so with ideas, not cash.