What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Republicans will move tomorrow to admit that they’re fine with trump asking other countries to manufacture dirt. Day by day it gets worse. Principles don’t matter. All that matters is defending trump and sticking it to the libs

Republicans will move tomorrow to admit that they’re fine with trump asking other countries to manufacture dirt. Day by day it gets worse. Principles don’t matter. All that matters is defending trump and sticking it to the libs

The timestamps on that convo are amazing. Back and forth until Taylor spells it out and then silence for hours until Sondland responds to take the conversation off text about Taylor's concerns.

You've given your answer. All of this is just noise.

Just as I thought. As soon as you are required to do some of your own thinking and you avoid the question.

The MSM has given you how to answer this so you cant and wont.

First you all mocked him draining the swamp. Now you are practically begging him not to.

Keep shilling

Snakes and Alligators.

Or you can say that the dems have lied for 3 years and still have not been able to impeach Trump. How many lies do you need to hear before you open your eyes? I am hoping to talk to the whistle blower and find out about the complaint shifty says after his aid has been meeting with him weeks before, and they got him a former Clinton lawyer.

The can republicans are opening...

Then to add foreign governments into the mix? It boggles my mind that Republicans are circling the wagons on this, pretending as though they don't know any better. Every single one of them defending this should be run out on a rail.

Trump has really gone over the deep end now. Publicly asking foreign nation states to investigate Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d8d902-e5f9-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

"On Thursday, he publicly repeated his appeal to the Ukrainian government to investigate Democratic candidate Joe Biden — and called on China to investigate Mr. Biden also. China is a major adversary of the United States and a dictatorship that does not respect the rule of law. Even considering Mr. Trump’s record of shredding norms of presidential behavior, it’s astounding that he would believe that these appeals do not transgress his oath of office....

....That a request for a foreign investigation of a U.S. citizen would come directly from the president, in the absence of any legitimate U.S. probe, is a blatant violation of that citizen’s rights and of the U.S. rule of law. That Mr. Trump does it in front of television cameras makes it no less egregious: In doing so, he is attempting to normalize what should be utterly unacceptable presidential behavior.

...Historian Robert Kagan recently described in The Post what the consequences would be if Mr. Trump’s actions went unpunished. “Sending the signal that other governments can curry favor with a U.S. president by helping to dig up dirt on his or her political opponents would open our political system and foreign policy to intervention and manipulation on a global scale,” he wrote. “Every government in the world wishing to influence U.S. foreign policy will have an incentive to come to a sitting president with information on his or her potential political opponents.”

Why is everyone so afraid of other countries exposing our crooked politicians? What do you have against other countries helping keep our politicians honest?

Because of the principle of sovereignty. We are a sovereign nation. As such, we established a government as a social contract. Among ourselves. This one comment by you is the smoking gun of comments by you, because it demonstrates you do not understand that we are a sovereign nation, and responsible for our own internal politics. As soon as we invite other nations into our own unique political decision making, we in effect surrender our own sovereignty.

As the Post editorial above stated: ..."Historian Robert Kagan recently described in The Post what the consequences would be if Mr. Trump’s actions went unpunished. “Sending the signal that other governments can curry favor with a U.S. president by helping to dig up dirt on his or her political opponents would open our political system and foreign policy to intervention and manipulation on a global scale,” he wrote. “Every government in the world wishing to influence U.S. foreign policy will have an incentive to come to a sitting president with information on his or her potential political opponents.”

We take care of our own problems, elect our own officials, create our own laws, conduct our own domestic and foreign policy, all because we are a sovereign nation. I do not want other sovereign nations interfering in our internal affairs. Nor should you, but, now you have established that you do welcome such intervention/help from other nations.

In effect, you are telling us that our sovereign status as a distinct nation state means absolutely nothing to you. Reliquishing our sovereignty, which is what you are suggesting, might mean that your next suggestion will be the establishment of a One World government. That would seem out if character for any Trump fan, but you might as well go there if you're reliquishing our sovereign status anyway.

Last edited:
You may not have heard yet, but the Dems are spreading lies, and actually projecting onto Trump what they are guilty of. The facts are all there in front of you. If that isnt enough all you have to do is pull your head out of your arse and see things for what they are.

There are legitimate cases of both-sides-do-it. Both sides try to speed the legislative/approval process when in power, and gum it up when not. Both sides gerrymander. Both sides take Congressional oversight more seriously when the President is not from their party.

What going on with Trump goes well beyond both-sides-do-it. Trump is doing things that have never been done by a peacetime President.

Literally everyday we watch one side make unsubstantiated, unprovable, and uncorroborated allegations against another party. When one doesnt work we just move onto the next. We go from one BS smelling nonsensical story to the next. Remember Snakes and Alligators? Ya, that really happened.

Why do you find it hard to believe Trump would say that? He says equally ludicrous things speaking before crowds. It's not like anyone in Congress in talking about impeaching him over snakes and alligators. It will be gone from the public mind by the end of the month.

The Mueller report was damning evidence presented by a life-long Republican that included, among other things, substantial accounts of Trump obstructing justice. That stuff really happened, also. Trump really tries to use

Actually I was annoyed at the time it was happening. I didnt like listening to the constant complaining about Obama. I used to do this Rush Limbaugh impression of him criticizing Obama to my conservative friend. He didnt find it funny. He liked listening to Rush. When Bush was in office I really despised him too. I watched probably every episode of the Daily show and Colbert report for the jokes on Republicans.

I was more amused by the Obama stuff than annoyed by it (I have another thread about similar amusement coming out later, if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

The point of even telling you that is that I really do care about truth, fairness, and justice. Im not some die hard conservative. The things politicians and political groups do to win are pretty disturbing, and to me right now I just see it as the left are doing some pretty despicable things. They have pushed me to the right. Maybe its temporary, maybe its not. Maybe like the saying goes if you aren't Republican by the time you are 30 then you dont have a brain.

People who have more to lose tend to become more conservative, and generally as you age, you accumulate wealth, and therefore have more to lose over time. It has little to do with brains.

Why is everyone so afraid of other countries exposing our crooked politicians? What do you have against other countries helping keep our politicians honest?

I'm not opposed to any of that. I'm opposed to using US aid as a reward for digging up dirt on political opponents. Do you agree there is a difference there?