The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton, Jul 16, 2019.

1. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    I went down the rabbit hole today trying to figure out what Trump's deal with Ukrain is. Turns out, drumroll... he's bat **** crazy. I couldn't find anything so I turned to Glenn Beck's "Hydra". Surely there's a good story there, right?

Na, couldn't figure out what the hell he was trying to say. Does that guy ever make a point in his Large and Spacious Building bull ****?

So he goes on about Hillary Clinton's senior advisor Alec Ross, and throws out some scary words. So I googled them:

"Dictatorships are now more vulnerable than they have ever been before, in part – but not entirely – because of the devolution of power from the nation state to the individual," he said.

"One thesis statement I want to emphasise is how networks disrupt the exercise of power. They devolve power from the nation state – from governments and large institutions – to individuals and small institutions. The overarching pattern is the redistribution of power from governments and large institutions to people and small institutions."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2011/jun/22/hillary-clinton-adviser-alec-ross

OMG! That's not what we want Babe? Hillary bad, Hillary scary. "Leaderless revolutions, virtual organizations"! Apparently, Civil Society 2.0 has been training the most patient group of every day soldiers you've ever seen, waiting around, sipping their coffee for years for boogie man George Soros to come along and spark the riot, sound the call to arms!

"Ukranian and allied leaders should agree on the following principles:1.
    In the absence of adequate support from its allies, the new Ukraine is no
    match for Putin’s Russia.
    It is in the collective self-interest
    of Ukraine’s allies
    to enable the new Ukrainenot only to survive but to prosper; and as long as they can agree on a way ofproviding adequate support without getting involved in a direct militaryconflict, they should be able to prevail against
    Putin’s
    Russia.3.
    While it would be more desirable to have Russia as a partner than an enemy,that is impossible as long as Putin persists in his current policies.4.
    It will be much more costly, particularly for Europe, to defend itself againstthe threat that a victorious Putin regime will pose when the new Ukrainecollapses, than to provide adequate support to the new Ukraine"

Holy hell! And did you know Obama and them were in on it too? Instead of supporting the pro-Russian faction in Ukraine they supported the Ukranians. Can you believe that?! That's what Trump was after guys, that's what Trump was asking to be investigated. This is the Deep State Trump has shook to the core. That's why they won't testify, because if they did then you'd all know the truth: that Obama and deep state fought Russian takeover of Ukraine. Itll all be out in the open.

Seriously, what the hell is with Trump's contempt for Ukraine? Makes no sense and lends truth to the media's bellyaching about him coddling/preferring dictators.

2. Harambe

Harambe Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Did you need me to post a let me Google that for you link?

3. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    I’m just glad the Republican Party is the same in 2019 as they were 160 years ago.

One Brow likes this.
  4. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    you can tell that it’s the same party that supported African American causes in 1860 as today by how they’ve supported Black Lives Matter, confederate flag/statue removals, and Kaepernick. Just look at the makeup of Congress. Look at all the diversity in republicans vs the homogeneous Dumbokkkrats for the freshmen class after the 2018 midterms:

B1C1AA4C-E380-43A3-9063-745F113CC1E1.jpeg
    Plus, David Duke, Richard Spencer, and other white supremacist groups would never support a republican:

Definitely the same party of 1860... The party of African American causes!

Just to confirm, let’s ask what republicans Steve King and Laura Ingraham have to say about white supremacy. If the civil war were fought today, is there any question which side these two would’ve been on?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. NPC D4617

NPC D4617 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Political Jazz Fan likes this.
  6. gandalfe

gandalfe Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
  7. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010

Harambe and Red like this.
  8. str8line

str8line Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner

Nov 22, 2013

He's such a vile pig. It will be interesting to see what Bloomberg's ad blitz does. Looks like he's not afraid to call Trump out in no uncertain terms.

9. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    He continues to shock me. I’m still amazed that he pardoned war criminals and claims that he stands up for these monsters like they’re heroes. Gallagher shot a poor Iraqi woman in the stomach wearing a flower dress, and then bragged about it. He slit an Iraqi prisoner in the throat. And so many other crimes!

Trump debasing the office by pardoning these people degrades our country’s standing in the world, inhibits our ability to lead, and will lead to our own servicemen being captured, tortured, and killed in horrible ways.

Gameface likes this.
  10. NPC D4617

NPC D4617 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    The video is a great example of how MSM is brainwashing people about Trump. As soon as these people are put on the spot everything they believe just falls apart because they cant back anything up.

Political Jazz Fan likes this.
  11. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    This is hardly a news flash, but it was revealing, (and depressing if one cares about our democracy), to see Sen. Kennedy describe how the Republican defense of Trump will involve adopting the fictional account generated by Trump's paranoid possessed mind. Pretty sad to see one of our two major parties decide to rewrite history, to present a fictional account that has no basis in fact as an integral part of their counterattack against the impeachment
    inquiry. Creating a fake history and presenting it as truth to the American people. They should be ashamed to do such a thing, and while history will so judge their strategy as shameful, apparently they can feel no shame themselves during their own lifetimes.

colton, str8line and Harambe like this.
  12. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    Yet the President has direct access to the American people! Hallelujah twitter! So I'm sure the President has been using every avenue available to got the facts out. I'm just sure of it. I'm extra super sure that the President has been doing everything he can to counter this rigged impeachment process to make the facts and the evidence known. To counter the claims, the testimony, with cold hard facts based on irrefutable evidence. That opportunity having been denied him in Congress, I'm sure he has used his stable genius brain to figure out how to provide such to his humble citizens...

I mean that's what he's been up to, right? Establishing the facts? Telling it like it is? Not running away from hard truths but diving into the reality that none of the snowflake liberals can stand before without melting? That's What he's doing, right?

Harambe likes this.
  13. Harambe

May 26, 2010
    Thanks for this. I forgot what her name was, and was hoping to come across something that made this situation more relevant again.

We really need that IG report.

colton likes this.
  14. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    You can see similar thing for conservatives, libertarians, etc. Many people choose sides based on feelings.

15. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Do I detect sarcasm? Lol. I think it would truly be closer to the truth to say Trump runs his office like a mob boss runs the rackets.

16. Harambe

May 26, 2010
    It's gang mentality. "I'm not going to look into this, cuz it implicates my guy/gal"

Calling it any less is not doing it justice. This problem is exacerbated by computer scripts providing you something you would read, or even something that might interest you.

17. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    The amount of projection on the right is astounding. They claim that Democrats through the impeachment are desperate to get trump because they fear losing in 2020. If Trump inc was so confident they could win in 2020 without cheating, why the hell was trump forcing Ukraine to intervene on his behalf? Why not, “let the American people decide?” Instead, he corrupted the democratic process by committing high crimes and misdemeanors in attempts to rig the 2020 election.

18. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    His targeted demographic isn't the vast majority of voters or viewers of MTP, it's the dumbest demographic on Fox News.

Now, Fox News can take clips from Sen. Kennedy's interview on MTP and use it to attack "the left" and spin conspiracies. All Sen. Kennedy cares about is staying in office. And as long as he can use legitimate news outlets (MTP) to come up with clips to be spewed by illegitimate news outlets (Fox News) to placate to the dumbest demographic, it protects him from a primary challenge to his right flank.

Look, it already worked. The dumbest demographic tweeted already:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  19. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    Fox this morning:

20. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010

So skeptical that he asked them for a favor; to investigate corruption and the 2016 election interference? That doesn’t make any sense. Republicans want it both ways. They think you’re too stupid to recognize this. It’s up to voters to prove Republicans wrong.