What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this prove the House’s 2nd article of impeachment, that “Trump has obstructed Congress?” If trump, his defense team, and Moscow Mitch knew about Bolton’s words, and kept them from Congress, isn’t that the very definition of obstruction?

Methinks that his own defense attorneys and Moscow Mitch have a lot to answer for.

Here’s the most frustrating thing for me. There’s zero evidence that the Bidens did anything wrong in Ukraine. Yet despite zero evidence to support this, Republicans assume the Bidens are guilty of some crime.

Despite overwhelming evidence that Trump was up to no good, Republicans still presume him innocent and are making zero effort to find out the truth. Even if it goes against the wishes of 70+ percent of the country, abandons a European ally and empowers our Russian enemy, and leaves us less safe.

The partisanship of the right is just so discouraging.

So why wouldn’t you want him to testify? If Trump is so innocent, wouldn’t he want Bolton to testify? Either Bolton backtracks or perjures himself under oath. Right? Trump gains nothing from blocking a “liar” from testifying only to have him publish a book which ***** on your administration. Right? So why not prove him a liar on the world’s biggest stage?

Hell, why doesn’t Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton, Barr, Texas goofy glasses Perry, and Trump all come down to the Capitol building and clear this whole thing up? If Trump’s so innocent, then this impeachment “hoax” will destroy the Democratic Party for the next several generations, right?

Its awesome I predict you'll binge watch the **** out of it. Bit of background to make some things make sense, New South Wales politics and establishment is renowned for its corruption its a running theme through the series.
Your prediction was correct, been watching it all evening. This show is funny as hell.

Where are the emails from the president saying he wanted to hold up the aide because he was concerned about corruption. If he was so concern why didn't he go to Congress and address these concerns? How do you explain putting the phone call on a secret server to hide it? How do you explain the newly release tape of Trump saying to get rid of the ambassador for Ukraine because she was in the way of them getting the "favor" Trump wanted? See these are Trump's actual words, not Democrat insinuations. These are important questions about illegal activity by this administration. If Trump is so innocent why has he prevented people from testifying and why has he bragged about holding evidence?
Yes, this. All this.

Biden is up 50-42 on Trump. If this is anywhere close to the same margin in rust belt states, then Trump will be sent packing in November. If Biden steals any of the following southern purple states trending blue, Georgia, Texas, or Arizona, it’ll be a blowout for Biden.

nah, loser Dems will apply a purity test to Biden, stay home and not vote, go down with the USS Bernie or USS Warren, and IMPOTUS will get a second term and become the first prez to be impeached twice.

So why wouldn’t you want him to testify? If Trump is so innocent, wouldn’t he want Bolton to testify? Either Bolton backtracks or perjures himself under oath. Right? Trump gains nothing from blocking a “liar” from testifying only to have him publish a book which ***** on your administration. Right? So why not prove him a liar on the world’s biggest stage?

Hell, why doesn’t Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton, Barr, Texas goofy glasses Perry, and Trump all come down to the Capitol building and clear this whole thing up? If Trump’s so innocent, then this impeachment “hoax” will destroy the Democratic Party for the next several generations, right?

It feels like you should always want witnesses. For believers of a farce, the witnesses would vindicate them(and the President) by proving nothing went down. For believers of crimes, it further tempers the case and helps prove something.

Not bringing witnesses serves to undermine the idea that Trump is not guilty, as well as providing leverage to the opposition that they didn't get a fair trial, and the party is just covering up their crimes.

I remember when Senate Republicans were aghast at Schiff relaying a news article that said just that.

Yeah well... when did that happen like 10 years ago? I mean how are we supposed to remember these things when they happened so long ago... /s

It’s amazing. I don’t think Repubs think we’re as dumb as their base. Like they act as if we can’t see through all their nonsense? We can predict what they’re going to do and say way before they can. So why else? Too much Fox News and only interacting with people in their tiny trumpworld?

Republicans couldn’t see this coming? They couldn’t see how Bolton’s words could blow this open? They couldn’t see how silly they were looking by pretending that they weren’t being pressured by mcconnell and Trump to flush this impeachment turd down as fast as possible?

I seriously wonder if the GOP has become blind? As their party has shrunk and as they’ve become more radicalized and Fox News centric, have they become blind? A smart GOP member could see where this was most likely going. to assume that you could hold a sham trial without any witnesses, could claim that they weren’t being threatened with beheading, and that the public wouldn’t see through this cover up is just crazy to me. Republicans need to turn off hannity, leave the country club, and actually visit people outside of their bubbles.

Trump lawyers today:

“trump didn’t care about Biden! He only cared about “corruption!””

trump lawyers then proceed to attack Hunter and Joe Biden for 6+ hours.

Yep. Definitely concerned about corruption.

and ya gotta love how Ken Starr whines about how impeachment has become a “normalized” way for partisans to attack politicians they don’t like.

What next, Weinstein lecturing us on ways to properly interact with female employees?

What happened to corruption? Or letting the voters decide? Why are republicans using the impeachment trial to hurt Joe Biden instead of exonerating Donald?