What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Mitt will be 77 when his term is up so he's not beholden to voters. He would face a primary anyway with a long line of MAGA wanting to challenge him.

I don't think he'll run for re-election so he will make an interesting McCain 2.0 as a Mavericky kind of guy.

I am a member of the Utah Republican Party. In the 2018 election, however, I was so fed up with the R-vs-D obstructive team politics that I voted for a Senate candidate that was neither R nor D. Even though I had liked Mitt Romney previously (I supported him for President in 2012), in 2018 I was not convinced that he would be any different than all other R- and D-party elected officials who mindlessly fall in line with their leaders.
I was wrong. He proved to me today that he is a free thinker with moral courage. It used to be okay to disagree--even with one's political party--and still be respected as a free-thinking person acting in good faith. But in today's highly polarized environment he will likely be condemned, ostracized, and treated with contempt by fellow Republicans. He knows this. He also knows his single vote will end up being inconsequential in the overall group result. Yet he still broke ranks to vote his conscience. Although I did not vote for him to be my Senator, today I absolutely respect and admire Mitt Romney. In my view, he is part of the solution.

You guys thinking that this is over is cute.

Trump will get re elected and then do something so egregious that even Republicans will impeach and vote him out of office.

Bookmark it.

We have always had dignified former Presidents from both parties.

The post-Trump world is going to be very interesting since no one expects this from him.

Republicans will be scampering from his shadow and distancing themselves from the catastrophe.

Isn't this a pointless exercise if everyone's just gonna be toeing the party lines?
Yes. And we pretty much all knew this all along. Still have to try to at least let the president know that he isn't God so at least there's that. Kind of lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Man I love what Mitt Romney has had to say about all this.

I liked this from him: “The idea that Congress would have to anticipate all of the offensive things a president could possibly do, and then make them a statute?” Romney posed a hypothetical: What if the president decided to pardon every Republican in prison nationwide, while leaving every Democrat locked up? “There’s no law against that!” he said. “So it’s not a crime or misdemeanor. But it’s obviously absurd.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/02/romney-impeach-trump/606127/

Great article about Mitt Romney standing up for what's right and standing up for the Constitution and America.
Wish more people had the guts to do so. Bunch of cowards afraid to upset their party and their voters.

Man I love what Mitt Romney has had to say about all this.

I liked this from him: “The idea that Congress would have to anticipate all of the offensive things a president could possibly do, and then make them a statute?” Romney posed a hypothetical: What if the president decided to pardon every Republican in prison nationwide, while leaving every Democrat locked up? “There’s no law against that!” he said. “So it’s not a crime or misdemeanor. But it’s obviously absurd.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/02/romney-impeach-trump/606127/

Great article about Mitt Romney standing up for what's right and standing up for the Constitution and America.
Wish more people had the guts to do so. Bunch of cowards afraid to upset their party and their voters.

Romney is a joke, has been for many years. He is completely out of touch with reality, much like the Democrats.

Although, had he won the presidency over Obama, he would've given us Hillary as the next POTUS. Instead, we got to see how far off the cliff democratic policies could take us under Obama which then produced Trump who is thankfully restoring our country to greatness.

So, thanks Mitt!