The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    "As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...-truth-we-should-be-deeply-afraid/ar-BB10fVNL

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden.

JazzGal likes this.
  2. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Damn, even the lefts hero who they hated one second, then loved, now hate again just put them in their treasonous places. Lol the left literally(literally) impeached a president over hearsay. @Red I agree we should be terrified when people impeached a president for absolutely nothing. But thank God for partisan MSN to tell us that they have hated the president since day one... Definitely no obvious bias there.

Bolton contended that the House ‘committed impeachment malpractice,’ drawing some grumbling from the audience, saying ‘the process drove Republicans who might have voted for impeachment away because it was so partisan,'” reports the Associated Press

“People can argue about what I should have said and what I should have done,” Bolton said. “I would bet you a dollar right here and now, my testimony would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome.”

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  3. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    And I quote

The opinions in this article are the author’s, as published by our content partner,

4. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    "If this president doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, both domestically and abroad, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office—"

Yeah this McCraven guy definitely should have a job after undermining his Chain of Command. Undermining your boss is completely acceptable in military and the boss should just fully trust this person to do as asked. Right @Red ? If you hired someone to do a very important job and he told you to step down , you'd give him a raise, right? I mean my last boss was a sexist pig but I'd be fired too if I went around telling people right in front of his face he should step down....

The lack of simple common sense is astonishing.

5. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    To be clear, you don't understand how I think, what I believe, nor what my approach to reality is. Your head is so stuffed with your own self-righteousness that you don't even realize that, to me, "Truth" with a capital "T" is almost oxymoronic.

We used to be able to have a conversation.

6. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    Such as?

7. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    So what? It's an opinion piece in the Washington Post. Since the Post presents a paywall to many, if I can find a MSN link to the article, and avoid having potential readers hit a paywall, that's what I do. I always look for an MSN copy of a Post article, for that very reason. As @colton has mentioned in the past, using cognito mode with a chrome browser will also avoid the paywall.

Bottom line, the Atlantic essay by Adam Serwer, posted earlier, and this short statement by McRaven, pretty much summarizes where we are at the moment. The fact that you are so completely clueless does not surprise me, of course. Your lack of understanding is your problem. I don't even know why you even bother to address me at all. You're clueless, there is nothing I can do to help you, or educate you. You waste your time addressing me. All you do is advertise how astoundingly ignorant you are of what is happening in the United States at this time in our history. Please keep in mind, I am not stupid.

8. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    You're extremely bias though, extremely. I'm guilty as well but it's not rocket science that firing an official that undermines your authority is going to happen 10 out of 10 times in life.

9. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I hope you do realize that MSN is not MSNBC, but, in case you don't, there's always google.....

10. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    Same bias difference.

As I said though telling your higher up to step down will get you fired 10 out of 10 times. It shows complete lack of trust, faith, and discipline.

11. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Yeah, see the difference is that I'm biased toward the right side of history, and you're biased to an authoritarian regime. Or, if it's easier to understand, I am right, and you are wrong. Maguire did not undermine Trump's authority. He had a briefing delivered to the House Intelligence Committee, which is what we should want to take place. I'm not into dictators, get it? I don't care if you have chosen to support a would be dictator. Again, you are clueless. I do not want to put you on ignore, have never done that yet with anyone. You just need to understand that, in addressing me, you are addressing someone who has a way better handle on what is going on than you do. Sounds pretty arrogant of me, no? Well, tough.

12. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol enjoy 4 more years of Trump. Arrogance is a fine attribute narcissism is not. And yes Trump is also a raging narcissist and it would suit him a lot better if he wasn't.

13. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Who the hell wants a president who demands he be shielded from the truth, and from factual information? Who is surrounding himself with people who will tell him only what they have come to believe he wants to hear, actual facts be damned.

What's good for Trump is good for America. What's bad for Trump is bad for America.

Who apparently thinks his person and the State are indistinguishable.

A man fully invested in fictional narratives regarding 2016 election interference, and in full denial over intelligence reports regarding the 2020 election. And the head of a cult fully invested in anything he says as being the truth.

A regular Pied Piper, Trumpsters with their blinders on, marching in lock step. Fully invested in ignoring any harm to our democratic institutions, because, hey, owning liberals and winning culture wars is far more important than putting their country first. The deranged, egomaniacal Pied Piper and his blind sheep subjects.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Maybe the Supreme Court will check this power grab, but I don't find myself having much confidence there, either.

And if he loses a close election, he would never question the legitimacy of the results. Right?

fishonjazz likes this.
  14. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Not really a problem, at least on a personal level. I tend to view life as a morality play, and I am charged with the responsibility of getting it right. Few things more beneficial to the heart and soul, in that respect, than being part of an ethically-moored Resistance. That has been my experience. A famous Native American, whose name escapes me at the moment, once observed "the white man thinks with his head, the native thinks with his heart". I believe we can substitute "Western culture" for "white man" in that respect. Learn to think with the heart, and abberations like Trump are far easier to recognize. That's been my experience. And that will always serve me well in the era of Trump. My perspective can endure anything the universe throws my way.....

15. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    The old blame whitey even though slavery still exist in Africa, the ME, and Asia. Places where can literally be killed for being gay, not believing in God or Muhammad, or speaking out of turn. Places where children are being beaten so we can have our electric batteries or a chocolate bar. I could go on. And on...

But I do agree with you that wasting such valuable time and energy on a single person all because you lost an election will be endured upon. Losing your mind over an MSN article where creating stories is what makes them money, is a complete waste. That's thinking with your head and heart. I didn't like Obama that much but I never let him dictate my daily thoughts like most do with Trump. We will prevail, this constant fear mongering you throw out maybe needs a little thought instead of feeling. We are perfectly fine right now and will be once Trump leaves office as long as we maintain our freedoms the Constitution allows us. Sadly we have a bunch of far far far left people openly trying to change that and rid us of Constitutional freedoms. But thankfully we have rights to protect us from such tyrants

16. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    I think the Post has actually closed that loophole. I'm a subscriber now so haven't tried it in a while but I think last time I tried it, it didn't work.

Red likes this.
  17. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    You sorry sap. I should have known it would go right over your head. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. The differences revealed by "the white man thinks with his head, the native thinks with his heart", are entirely CULTURAL differences. That's why I suggested to think of it as Western civilization. It just so happened that the European invasion and settlement of the Americas was led by Europeans, who were predominantly white.

IMHO, the best speakers are those who speak directly from their heart, and aim their words directly at the hearts of their listeners. Great orators frequently have that gift. And Native American leaders were great orators because they knew how to speak from the heart, to the heart. You can go through our history, look at the great speeches by native leaders, and note superb oratory again and again. It's absolutely striking. This is due to what is reflected in that short phrase. It's also a reflection of a connectiveness to the heart of the natural world that Western culture clearly had drifted from. Race itself is actually totally incidental. When you reply with "the old blame whitey", you are demonstrating that you actually do not have any idea what I was attempting to get across.

No matter, it's probably not an easy concept anyway. And I'm certainly not suggesting that the ability to think with, and speak from, the heart, is something only Native Americans possess. But that phrase I used illustrated a basic difference between the two cultures, which was noted many times by native peoples. It's part of the reason so many thought the European invaders were, basically, crazy. They had forgotten how to think with their hearts.

18. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    I will strongly disagree here. Only the very best of the Native American speeches would have been preserved by white historians (selection bias), and there is no such thing as a common Native American culture to begin with, so there is no common notion of "speak from the heart". This is benevolent racism.

19. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    You can call me any name in the book but I do put a tremendous amount of heart into my political beliefs. Admittedly, I can even go overboard and other times I'm just pushing buttons but a lot of the time I'm extremely sincere and passionate about it. Straight from the heart and then I'm told what a clueless moron that I am or that I'm part of a cult. Hell, I've even been called a Nazi yet im a pretty gentle and good person outside of me dishing a little out what others here have given me. It's exactly why I do sometimes resort to extreme facetiousness.

Like you, I'm sure we both feel we are doing what we feel is right. Trump may be a raging idiot at times but I do genuinely feel he loves this country and the reason everything is running well is because he's not the establishment and globalist agenda. I think the reason people hate him so much is because he's showing that this country could be so much more when you go against the globalist bs that our past presidents have openly accepted and kept us in chains with. I also think people hate him because hes showing people that they've been living a lie and going for the wrong team. That has to be a very tough pill to swallow knowing that their party has lied and betrayed it's constituents. With me, that idiot George Bush for example and I initially voted for Obama. Neither did a damn good thing for this country really.

That is from the heart(quickly as I'm busy)...

20. babe

babe Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I can see it's problematic to expect that you know anything good about Trump, since you'd have to go outside the DumpTrump Establishment Media to find anything.

Lessee.... reduction of regulatory burdens for business, getting better trade agreements.... programs to help certain areas of poverty...… so businesses can profitably hire more folks..... you know.... those folks who used to depend on stingy guv handouts...….