What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I watched some of it. Same ****, different day. “Landing” needs to be considered a relative term. Maybe they’re landing... relative to the crowd? Hmmm yes.
My mom laughed at the part they showed on the news, the Biden Iowa-Idaho mix-up comment. She didn't care at all that it didn't happen. "It's just a joke." So yeah, it doesn't take much.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

This sounds criminal. Not exactly a winning slogan for 2020.

His campaign said he was only joking when he said "so I said to my people, slow the testing down, please". Or, to translate, I don't care how many Americans die. Yeah, that's a joke alright. A real strange joke.

Hillary was sharp, and she had a lot of enthusiastic and dedicated supporters. Biden doesn't. Biden's whole strategy is to hide himself and hope that Trump provokes enough ire to get booted out of office. It's a risky play.

Trump's campaign will be a repeat of what got him elected in 2016--immigration, fighting Obama-care, fighting the political establishment, negotiating international trade, and curbing social liberalism. All of that is still on the table for him. Unless Joe can articulate a solid economic strategy, Trump will also be the stronger candidate on the economy at a time when the country needs an economic recovery. The riots, looting, and defunding of police departments are also playing right into his hands. None of that plays well politically. Trump is saying, "The left is crazy," and a lot of people now believe him.

Which has been a fantastic strategy since 2016. I mean, just look at all the special and midterm elections.

Truly, I really hope that during a pandemic and historic recession that Trump focuses on immigration, fighting Obamacare so even more people people lose health care, and “the establishment” even though he’s the incumbent. Winning message for a 1984 like wipeout.

Just listen to yourself. If his 2020 campaign as the incumbent is the same as his 2016 campaign as a first time challenger, that means his presidency has been a failure.

If these are concerns people have, why would they vote for the guy who had them happen on his watch?

What communist Utopia is he referring to? I don’t get that reference. I haven’t watched Fox News or listened to Hannity for a few weeks.

edit: Do Republicans even know that he’s the incumbent? It doesn’t sound like it. @Catchall is acting like Hillary Clinton is up for re-election and not Donald Trump. Have they memory holed his scandals so much that they’ve actually memory holed his entire presidency and forgot he’s the incumbent?

Last edited:
Moderately extreme Republicans...

"I'm a moderate!" Who is cool with racism, incompetence, corruption and lies.

GFYS!

We literally just got a book this week talking about how incompetent and corrupt he is from his own security adviser.

Among many takeaways: Trump didn’t read briefings, gave the ok for China to commit genocide, begged China to help him win re-election, is played like a fiddle by Putin, and only cares about himself not the country. Like literally just 48 hours ago this was the nation’s biggest story.

How have “moderates” like @Catchall memory holed this already?

His campaign said he was only joking when he said "so I said to my people, slow the testing down, please". Or, to translate, I don't care how many Americans die. Yeah, that's a joke alright. A real strange joke.
Plus, it's clear from the video that he wasn't joking.

Reactions: Red

Plus we’ve seen in other press conferences and interviews that he clearly doesn’t like testing because he thinks it hurts his re-election chances. One could assume that he’s too lazy to study or listen to why testing is important. Because we’ve also had numerous books and leaks that he say he refuses to be briefed and goes off his “gut instinct” which is often misinformed or full of mal intent.

Exhibit A from the WSJ earlier this week:

Exhibit B from a presser this week:

Both just in a week. Have we forgotten these already? I understand why Trumpers have memory holed his presidency, a long never ending line of corruption, scandals, and gaffes that they’ve had to block from memory to stay supportive of the worst president In history. But not all of us have done the same.

- No actual ideas shared during the rally, just more tough guy talk and knocking everyone around. Red meat for meat eaters

One of the "highlights" for me was watching him actually spend almost 15 minutes describing, and actually reenacting, his slow walk down the ramp at West Point! Then reenacting drinking a glass of water with two hands. He'll just never recognize how ridiculously insecure he looks explaining things like that....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...laining-about-coverage-his-west-point-speech/

What was so important that Trump felt the need to get back on the campaign trail, elevating the risk of exposure to the virus so significantly that the campaign made attendees sign disclaimers agreeing not to hold the campaign culpable if they contracted the virus?

But, if his actual speech is any guide, it was also to defend his ability to walk down a ramp and to drink water.

For 14 minutes and 15 seconds of his one hour, 43-minute speech, Trump walked through his speech one week ago at the U.S. Military Academy.

“You know, it was interesting — to show you how fake they are, you might have seen it,” he said — then letting loose for more than 14 minutes about what he did at the U.S. Military Academy, the weather, how many people he had to salute, the type of shoes he was wearing, various people calling him “sir” and telling him various things, speculation about his health, what he said to the first lady. Just a steady stream of rationalization, spin and exposition......

One of the "highlights" for me was watching him actually spend almost 15 minutes describing, and actually reenacting, his slow walk down the ramp at West Point! Then reenacting drinking a glass of water with two hands. He'll just never recognize how ridiculously insecure he looks explaining things like that....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...laining-about-coverage-his-west-point-speech/

What was so important that Trump felt the need to get back on the campaign trail, elevating the risk of exposure to the virus so significantly that the campaign made attendees sign disclaimers agreeing not to hold the campaign culpable if they contracted the virus?

But, if his actual speech is any guide, it was also to defend his ability to walk down a ramp and to drink water.

For 14 minutes and 15 seconds of his one hour, 43-minute speech, Trump walked through his speech one week ago at the U.S. Military Academy.

“You know, it was interesting — to show you how fake they are, you might have seen it,” he said — then letting loose for more than 14 minutes about what he did at the U.S. Military Academy, the weather, how many people he had to salute, the type of shoes he was wearing, various people calling him “sir” and telling him various things, speculation about his health, what he said to the first lady. Just a steady stream of rationalization, spin and exposition......

This explains why the crowd was so dead. What a boring speech. I’ll admit, I watched some of it. But I missed this entire segment. Doesn’t sound like I missed anything. Yawn how boring.

Hillary was sharp, and she had a lot of enthusiastic and dedicated supporters. Biden doesn't. Biden's whole strategy is to hide himself and hope that Trump provokes enough ire to get booted out of office. It's a risky play.

Trump's campaign will be a repeat of what got him elected in 2016--immigration, fighting Obama-care, fighting the political establishment, negotiating international trade, and curbing social liberalism. All of that is still on the table for him. Unless Joe can articulate a solid economic strategy, Trump will also be the stronger candidate on the economy at a time when the country needs an economic recovery. The riots, looting, and defunding of police departments are also playing right into his hands. None of that plays well politically. Trump is saying, "The left is crazy," and a lot of people now believe him.
You’re either a Trumper or a Closeted Trumper. Which is it?

No, he was not joking. And there's been plenty of evidence, from his own statements, some completely illogical, including how he prefaced that singular statement last night, that the more accurate the count of positive cases, the more it hurts his reelection chances, at least as he sees it. Quite the Freudian slip on his part, a rare moment of actually telling the truth. By mistake.

This explains why the crowd was so dead. What a boring speech. I’ll admit, I watched some of it. But I missed this entire segment. Doesn’t sound like I missed anything. Yawn how boring.

Yeah, for sure. I started watching just before he launched into that. And I'm thinking "Good grief, is he just going to go on forever about the ramp? Lol, this is nuts!"