What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

So no actual proof of the claim. Just a conclusion. Okay.

I did not say that. You said that. I said this: “I’ve been following along since January, and have come to my own conclusions. You may do the same, based on what you have learned to date.” In other words, I left it up to you to answer your question. I’m not surprised you once again seem incapable of doing your own research, however. That’s usually the case with you. I would, myself, rate the claim as unproven. Not baseless, but unproven.

Last edited:
Fantastic and fantastically sarcastic column by George Conway. All should read.

My favorite part: I believe absentee voting, where voters mail in their ballots, is good, and that mail- in voting, where voters mail in their ballots, is totally different, and bad — and will result in "the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election” in history. Except in Florida, where absentee and mail-in voting are the same and both good, "because Florida has got a great

Republican governor.”

What a jackass

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I did not say that. You said that. I said this: “I’ve been following along since January, and have come to my own conclusions. You may do the same, based on what you have learned to date.” In other words, I left it up to you to answer your question. I’m not surprised you once again seem incapable of doing your own research, however. That’s usually the case with you. I would, myself, rate the claim as unproven. Not baseless, but unproven.

If Trump is such a miserable piece of human trash then why don't you and others who feel the same way simply stick to attacking him using proven facts?

If Trump is such a miserable piece of human trash then why don't you and others who feel the same way simply stick to attacking him using proven facts?
You have a narrow definition for “proof” and “facts”. There are certain sociocultural phenomena that don’t address themselves to the same techniques as, say, the light of a fleeing galaxy.

Reactions: Red
You have a narrow definition for “proof” and “facts”. There are certain sociocultural phenomena that don’t address themselves to the same techniques as, say, the light of a fleeing galaxy.
You have a wide definition for "proof" and "facts" if you believe that the article that resulted in this discussion (for one) proves anything. There are certain sociocultural phenomena that don't address themselves to the same techniques as, say, the words of a fleeing politician.

You have a wide definition for "proof" and "facts" if you believe that the article that resulted in this discussion (for one) proves anything. There are certain sociocultural phenomena that don't address themselves to the same techniques as, say, the words of a fleeing politician.
My apologies, I assumed that if you were interested in an actual conversation, then you would have mentioned a couple of claims that stretched your version of the facts a little, some that stretched them a lot, some that seemed pretty fair even if you don’t think the evidence the author provided was as clear or solid as it could have been, etc. You know, some of the core signs that you’ve attained to the arguments with some semblance of an open mind.

FWIW, the article is clllllllearly one of the “opinion” variety. That doesn’t mean its claims shouldn’t be dissected or its evidence put under scrutiny; but it definitely should be understood firstly as an opinion piece before it is subjected to the acid bath of “proof”.

It definitely isn’t a great piece of writing. Most of it is rehashed and warmed-over stuff I was hearing more than 2 or 3 months ago. —Which is why it’s extra funny to hear someone who likely proclaims himself to be eminently reasonable and fair-n-balanced get huffy about it on the grounds of proof, all way into ****ing August.

In 2019, Trump and Giuliani accused Joe Biden of wanting Ukraine’s chief prosecutor fired, in order to protect his son Hunter, and Burisma Holdings. But there was never any evidence, let alone proof, that Hunter Biden had done anything wrong in Ukraine. So, did you use the standard of “proven facts“ when you expressed your belief that the accusations were credible? You ran with the story Giuliani presented. I assume you found his story credible. At the time, did anyone here tell you that you COULD NOT take that position, because you had no “proven facts” that would establish wrongdoing by Hunter Biden while he served on the board in question?

If you expect me to stick to absolute proof with this story, why do you not also hold yourself to that standard with the Hunter Biden story? In fairness, can I not ask of you the same standard you wish me to apply to myself?

In the instance of the Vanity Fair report, as far as I can see, nowhere did it say Donald Trump himself approved any decision to drop the testing plan that Vanity Fair says it obtained a copy of, and which was attributed to Kushner. The story focused on Kushner, not Trump. The motives were attributed to Kushner, not, as you stated above, in comment #11001, to Trump.

You made an assumption there that was not stated in either article. You mistakenly made the story, and my posting of the story, all about Trump, instead of Kushner. Yes, one might assume such a decision would be run by Trump, but you know what they say when we assume.

in any case, I found the story credible, if for no other reason that it’s something I would actually expect of this administration. At this point in time, why would I consider it highly implausible that Kushner, and others on his task force, might decide to drop a federally directed testing plan because, at the time in question, the virus was concentrated in urban areas of blue states?

But proof is a different animal. I would want to see the Kushner derived plan which Vanity Fair says it obtained a copy of. And I would like to hear from more than just a single source, which seems to be the basis of the claim made by Vanity Fair. I have no problem admitting that it is not proven, because it is not proven.

But, I am entitled to find it credible, and I do, just as you are entitled to find the accusations against Hunter Biden credible.

Last edited:

With the distance of time, the passage of which is inevitable, this too shall pass after all, what some now feel free to call the “pinnacle” of Kellyanne Conway’s career arc, I suspect many more will call the nadir. You don’t want to be remembered as another enabler in this ****show. In the case of many of his enablers, I often wonder if they find what they think they gain, actually worth the disdain that will be attached to their name and role by future American citizens? It’s their honor, not mine, but I’d be mindful of being found dishonorable. I can’t take anything with me, but I can leave my good name behind.
This ain’t no Mt. Rushmore presidency.

Yet another potentially impeachable offense. I have literally lost count of them at this point.