The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

idestroyedthetoilet

Agreed that the country is in a tough position. I think a grassroots revolution is at hand, because the current political state of things isn’t going to cut it.

Eh, life is pretty good aside from all the bellyaching. In my lifetime I've seen great strides in human rights inside the U.S. and massive steps globally. Living standards are skyrocketing. The environment is continuously being repaired from the industrial revolution. Advances in medical technologies are coming in leaps and bounds. If we had a grassroots revolution to "fix" our problems then we'd turn to the next invented set to gripe about. I.E. Andrew Yang can give everyone $500 who cannot afford a $500 emergency, so they can spend it on 1/2 a new iPhone 11Pro, and then still not have $500 for a $500 emergency. Problem "fixed", create another one now. Chinese outsourcing, okay let's tarrif the Chinese so production of cheaply made consumables by us gluttonous, fat ***, lazy ****, wasteful Americans will shift to Vietnam, Mexico, and Canada. Fixed! Next!

At the end of the day, almost none of this stuff we complain about here affects our lives.

Jazzta

Eh, life is pretty good aside from all the bellyaching. In my lifetime I've seen great strides in human rights inside the U.S. and massive steps globally. Living standards are skyrocketing. The environment is continuously being repaired from the industrial revolution. Advances in medical technologies are coming in leaps and bounds. If we had a grassroots revolution to "fix" our problems then we'd turn to the next invented set to gripe about. I.E. Andrew Yang can give everyone $500 who cannot afford a $500 emergency, so they can spend it on 1/2 a new iPhone 11Pro, and then still not have $500 for a $500 emergency. Problem "fixed", create another one now. Chinese outsourcing, okay let's tarrif the Chinese so production of cheaply made consumables by us gluttonous, fat ***, lazy ****, wasteful Americans will shift to Vietnam, Mexico, and Canada. Fixed! Next!

At the end of the day, almost none of this stuff we complain about here affects our lives.
It’s $1000, he wants to give every American adult $1000/month. So you can pay for that $500 emergency and buy an iPhone (used) :)

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner

Know what else is skyrocketing? Homelessness. Debt. Both parents having to work to pay the bills.
Those things get forgotten in all the great economy and low unemployment talk.
But the extremely wealthy are certainly doing better than ever.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

silesian

Claiming that he has been extremely successful at getting his agenda through is not the same as claiming that everyone will agree that he has accomplished everything he ever mentioned.

He had both houses for two years yet accomplished very little. IMPOTUS got his judges, but which president can't get judges through when they control the Senate? If IMPOTUS falls off a log, it is not exactly an accomplishment that is to be admired.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
So one thing I noticed about the votes for impeaching Trump over alleged abuse of power is how partisan the results were. No Republicans voted Yes and only two Democrats voted No. Excuse me if I find the whole thing a bit comical.
Thing is, if trump is innocent and didn't want to be impeached then he could have easily prevented impeachment. He must have wanted to be impeached.
Otherwise he would have simply handed over all the documents being requested and encouraged the witnesses such as Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pompeo, and John Bolton etc to give their testimony. Then there could be no obstruction charge and those witnesses and documents would prove his innocence, right?
Wonder why he didn't allow those people to testify and didn't turn over the documentation that would have shown he was innocent of the abuse of power charge.
Hmmmmmmm........

Red

As far as none of the stuff we may have complained about in this thread affecting our lives, I would disagree with that. I'm willing to look at what stresses me, and consider that it affects me both mentally and physically, and then conclude that it is my responsibility to work on that. I mean, I can say "there is no inherent need" for this stress, it's my own fault in how I choose to react at the fact that Trump is president, (and I stand in strong opposition to the policies of his EPA, his policies toward public land use, his policies toward climate change, etc), and I can try to improve the situation in my own life. I can try and understand that I have to work on my end where stress is concerned. Example: my wife defends Trump frequently. Think that's not stressful to me? Lol. Well, but it's taught me that good and decent people defend Trump. My best friend voted Trump. He is still my best friend.

But, let us not overlook the reality that our political discourse at this time in our history is most certainly affecting the lives of many of us:

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...tics-taking-mental-physical-toll-on-americans

Jazzta

Thing is, if trump is innocent and didn't want to be impeached then he could have easily prevented impeachment. He must have wanted to be impeached.
Otherwise he would have simply handed over all the documents being requested and encouraged the witnesses such as Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pompeo, and John Bolton etc to give their testimony. Then there could be no obstruction charge and those witnesses and documents would prove his innocence, right?
Wonder why he didn't allow those people to testify and didn't turn over the documentation that would have shown he was innocent of the abuse of power charge.
Hmmmmmmm........

The point I was trying to make is that with something as serious as impeaching a President you would think that it would be more of a personal judgement to make, rather than partisan. So the fact that all the Reps voted one way and all the Dems voted the other tells me that there’s little to no personal integrity among probably a good chunk of them all.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
The point I was trying to make is that with something as serious as impeaching a President you would think that it would be more of a personal judgement to make, rather than partisan. So the fact that all the Reps voted one way and all the Dems voted the other tells me that there’s little to no personal integrity among probably a good chunk of them all.
Agreed.

The Thriller

this stinks of both sideserism. So because Republicans denied the facts presented in the impeachment hearings and acted in a partisan manner then Democrats too are acting in a partisan manner so both sides have no personal integrity? That is Nonsense.