What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

It has less population than North Dakota, South Dakota, and Alaska (although more than Vermont and Wyoming). And is only 68 square miles which is 1/22 of the smallest state, Rhode Island. It doesn't need to be a state.

I can see it, and would also be fine with it essentially joining Maryland. Either of those outcomes is far preferable to the current situation imo. Comes down to which is more viable, and which the people of DC/Maryland want.

Weird. Who decided to wait until after he left office to hold the trial?
It's the same logic as they used for obstruction of justice.

There is no obstruction of justice because there isn't enough evidence of an actual crime... there isn't enough evidence of an actual crime because of all the obstruction of justice... therefore innocent of both.

Bottom line, if you're going to obstruct justice go all the way. If you obstruct justice good enough you won't be convicted of the actual crime and you can't be convicted of obstruction of justice without an underlying crime (which is false but good enough for Trump traitors).

McConnell is saying that his vote is because trump is out of office. Interesting that if he were in office he would have been convicted. It is not guilty on a technicality.

“No doubt that the defendant murdered some guy as the evidence overwhelmingly shows, but the murdered individual was kind of a douche so gonna let this slide with a sternly worded hand slap.”

millions of trumpists who are outraged by anthem kneeling are completely silent about thugs who beat a cop with the American flag,
Also, they remain silent about when trump disrespected the national anthem during the Superbowl national anthem in 2020. It's on video. They probably don't care because a person of color was the one singing the anthem.
Oh and don't disrespect the troops. Unless you are Trump then it's ok.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Whos ready to give control of the the House and Senate to them in 2022 and give them full power in 2024? I really think they’ve learned their lesson now...

McConnell is saying that his vote is because trump is out of office. Interesting that if he were in office he would have been convicted. It is not guilty on a technicality.
A technicality that he himself created by delaying the proceedings. That's way more than shady, that downright criminal.

It was obviously the Demon-rats.
This game is so played out.

“2015 after Scalia: oh sorry. One year is just too little time to confirm a new justice. Let the American people decide!

After RGB dies: Whoa! We can hammer a third justice one month before the election? Sweet! Let’s table covid relief that we’ve been sitting on since May and ram this justice through! Who cares what the American people want? Damn the torpedoes!

1st impeachment: Sorry Dems! We can’t call witnesses, the House rushed this through.

2nd Impeachment: Sorry Dems! we can’t convict because he’s no longer president after I stalled out the trial until after Biden was inaugurated. Should’ve rushed this through!

Oh, and where's the covid relief? See see Democrats are failures! All they want to do is play political games!”

Moscow Mitch and the GQP make it impossible for democracy to function. They want all the power of government without any accountability. Just watch, now they’re going to spin that Democrats didn’t have a case hence why they bailed on calling witnesses. Mitch and the GQP will not return this gift in allowing the Biden agenda through. No no, they’ll return to blocking appointments and bills in attempts to derail the Biden presidency in its infancy, country be damned. All the while blaming Democrats for the lack of unity in the country. Doing the same nonsense they would’ve done had impeachment been extended a few more weeks.

Mitch hopes by dividing the country further, obstructing the Democratic agenda, and blaming Democrats for the lack of progress that he can trick voters between now and the midterms to return him to power.

It’s the same damn game plan every single year. Republicans campaign on government not working and capitalize on the anger and resentment of voters. Then, once elected, prevent government from functioning and seek to create more anger and resentment from voters. It’s so tiresome

Thank god we have 2 Dakotas. That’s completely necessary.

Giving backwards and completely out of touch rural voters a disproportionate amount of power all while Suppressing the will of the majority.

Pass this legislation.....

Well it is a start. I still think it needs to go further. I think any candidate who runs for office should be required to produce 10 years of tax returns and they should be required to put their businesses in a trust and to demonstrate they are not involved in those businesses while president. Enforcement of nepotism laws would be nice. I also think term limits should be part of the process. Being in the Senate or House should not be a lifetime appointment. Perhaps an age cap or 4 terms limit. Citizens United was a horrible Supreme Court decision. Corporations are not people, give me a break. There should be limits on how much they can donate and there has to be some visibility to the funding. The campaigning needs to be limited to a certain amount of time. Heck that is all Trump was doing during his time in office. People should be concentrating on their jobs and not campaigning for the next election a year away. Putting a limit on the time allowed to raise money, campaign and run ads would certainly decrease the voter burnout and negativity in politics. Just like a football seasons has a beginning and and an ending so should elections. It seems to me that is all candidates do now a days.

Also, I would look into how much free time off Congress gets vs the average American and perhaps we could get better healthcare if we got the same kind that Congress does. This retirement for life stuff needs to stop too. Once your term is up you go back to regular life just like any other average American does. There could be exceptions for security but no way they should get healthcare for life. There pensions should be 401ks like the rest of us. Until Congress starts to live as closely like average Americans they will never understand the challenges of everyday Americans. We should also enforce the law that takes away tax exemptions for religious groups who want to get involved with politics.

OK, look, Trump is out of office, the impeachment trial ended with w himper, I'm tired of talking about him. Let him disappear into the muck.

But here's a pretty good list of his atrocities. And, yes, I know McSweeney's is usually a humor site, but not in this case.

Pass this legislation.....

A true act "for the people" would have term limits for the house and senate (8 years seems like plenty). Let's get politicians that work for us and not for lobbyists and efforts to get re-elected.

A true act "for the people" would have term limits for the house and senate (8 years seems like plenty). Let's get politicians that work for us and not for lobbyists and efforts to get re-elected.
12 years works a little better. That's 2 senate terms or 3 congress terms.

I'm not really in favor of term limits without controls on their staff as well (including any positions that have any amount of influence). I'm generally opposed to term limits, as it is a limit on the people, not a limit on the elected. It is a reduction of freedom for the people, it is a limit on the people's choice.

I get the notion. I get it. But without limits on staff and any other position, you'd just be handing extra power to unelected positions. So it absolutely MUST be more than just term limits.

Last edited:
When politicians don't understand the machinery and how to get things done, they turn to not only staff, but also lobbyists. Term limits just increases the scope and influence of lobbyists.