What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

"Thanks, Obama." who knew Russia's invasion of Crimea was Obama's fault?

(Trump's words)
"[Crimea] was sort of taken away from President Obama. Not taken away from President Trump, taken away from President Obama. … President Obama was not happy that this happened because it was embarrassing to him. Right. It was very embarrassing to him and he wanted Russia to be out of the, what was called the G8, and that was his determination. He was outsmarted by Putin. He was outsmarted. President Putin outsmarted President Obama."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/08/trump-putin-russia-g7-summit.html

Reactions: Red
"Thanks, Obama." who knew Russia's invasion of Crimea was Obama's fault?

(Trump's words)
"[Crimea] was sort of taken away from President Obama. Not taken away from President Trump, taken away from President Obama. … President Obama was not happy that this happened because it was embarrassing to him. Right. It was very embarrassing to him and he wanted Russia to be out of the, what was called the G8, and that was his determination. He was outsmarted by Putin. He was outsmarted. President Putin outsmarted President Obama."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/08/trump-putin-russia-g7-summit.html

The PBS reporter who directed the question called him on his bs:

“Why do you [keep repeating] the misleading statement that Russia outsmarted President Obama when other countries have said that the reason why Russia was kicked out was very clearly because they annexed Crimea. Why keep repeating what some people would see as a clear lie?”

The PBS reporter who directed the question called him on his bs:

“Why do you [keep repeating] the misleading statement that Russia outsmarted President Obama when other countries have said that the reason why Russia was kicked out was very clearly because they annexed Crimea. Why keep repeating what some people would see as a clear lie?”

What was Trump's response?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

His response would have been a typical attack probably. Something like:

"This a perfect example. We no longer feel compelled to work with a publication which has put its need for 'clicks' above journalistic integrity," Trump. "You have no journalistic integrity and are fishing. I don't not mind a bad story, but it has to be honest."

Actually I got that and messed with it a little from... when he was still a nominee for President and pulled the press pass for the Washington Post:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-pulls-press-credentials-902397

"In a lengthier statement on his decision, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said The Post crossed the line one too many times, in his opinion, and a Monday headline was the last straw.

"Today's headline, 'Donald Trump Suggests President Obama Was Involved With Orlando Shooting' is a perfect example. We no longer feel compelled to work with a publication which has put its need for 'clicks' above journalistic integrity," Trump said in his second statement. "They have no journalistic integrity and write falsely about Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump does not mind a bad story, but it has to be honest."

Last edited:
What was Trump's response?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He said it happened during Obama's term. And "it could have been stopped, with....whatever"

His answer starts at the 3:23 mark of the PBS Newshour tweet. Of course, the punch line was that Russia could have been stopped from annexing the Crimea "with whatever".

Serious question, why should Russia be invited to the G7? Their economy sucks, their GDP isn’t even top 10, and their record on human rights is awful.

So what’s their argument to being invited? I’d love Donald to explain that one. Did any report ask him that?

Serious question, why should Russia be invited to the G7? Their economy sucks, their GDP isn’t even top 10, and their record on human rights is awful.

So what’s their argument to being invited? I’d love Donald to explain that one. Did any report ask him that?

I’ll check my obvious disdain for you.

This is very compelling.

And the only thing I can think of is clout? I can’t objectively think of 8 countries with more world wide affect than Russia.

America, China, France, England...

But economically? No reason. What’s the true bench mark for being a member of this group. Trumps affair with Putin is disturbing.

"Large, completely un-mushroom-like penis."

"And then they'll put you on Mt. Rushmore... that'd be a switch, someone chiseling you."

If the Constitution was still executed things like this would trigger impeachment. But the Constitution has already failed since one party has decided it’s just a piece of canvas to be ignored and the other party is petrified stiff of doing something.

Why Democrats aren’t making a bigger deal about things like this is beyond me. They seem to have learned all the wrong lessons from Clinton. Or maybe they’re just overwhelmed with Trump’s corrupt administration? However, this seems pretty damn flagrant.

As another possible hurricane heads for a direct hit on Puerto Rico Trump is twitter attacking the mayor of San Juan.