What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I'm not a "dem" other than wanting Trump gone.

And Warren is going to bury him in the election. What all you conservatives don't get is that the Dem candidate doesn't need your approval to be a viable candidate.

Conservatives support this?

Really? They want 4 more years of this?

Sounds like the one phone call transcript might be released soon. My question is, will congress ever get the entire whistleblower complaint? If not, will democrats just wait until this blows over to move onto... whatever the next attack on our democracy is?

I’m just amazed at how they’re not pressuring this more. If trump is already acting like this now, what will he do in fall 2020 when he’s losing?

Sigh

This is how republicans have mastered to play the “liberal media” like a drum. They fling **** at the wall and the “protectors” of our democracy treat the **** like legitimate news, give it equal air time with real news, and the disinformation virus spreads throughout all of society.

“What happened at the game? Well Robinson claims that Malone threw an elbow which hit him in the face and knocked him out while Malone claims that robinson’s Face got in the way of his elbow. Both sides are legitimate and who are we to judge anything? We’re just the liberal media. Democracy does in darkness and stuff.”

Reactions: Red
For those interested in additional background information - it's worth remembering that about 18 months ago the Ukrainian government concluded that it could not assist the Mueller investigation into Paul Manafort without risking the Trump administration dropping its financial support that keeps the country afloat - including the sale of anti-tank missiles critical to deterring further Russian incursions into the territory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/world/europe/ukraine-mueller-manafort-missiles.html

Reactions: Red

Trump having a hard time defending himself here. I really think this scandal has much greater potential for making an impeachment case than his first foreign election interference scandal, but the Democrats must be willing to make it.

Seriously. If I were a Democrat I'd be tremendously disappointed in Pelosi.

But some good news...

He thought Barr sold the exoneration narrative for part 1 of the Mueller probe. Of course he'd try it again. He's never been held accountable, of course he thinks he's invincible. He betrayed this country, on the world stage, in Helsinki. He cares about Donald Trump. He has never cared one iota for us, and he's our era's Benedict Arnold.

@colton

You’re right. Romney’s courage got to trump. Look at what he just tweeted:

Complete *******.

Are trumpers on here going to defend this? Or finally admit that this lack of maturity is disqualifying?

Not sure if it matters if they get the whistleblower report or not... sounds like there’s enough reporting of impeachable offenses to finally nail him. But then again, democrats have been so passive on this so I’m not taking anything for granted.

But to me it feels like a watershed moment. If Dems fail to act now I think it tears the country apart more than if they impeach and then fail to indict in the senate. There’s just too much momentum now. Trump’s behavior is disgusting.