What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Wow!

Time to impeach yet or are we supposed to live with a clown who’s selling us out for the next year?

I wonder if this is on the same level as Obama saying to Russians to tell Putin he'd have more leverage after the election?

Interesting indeed.

I wonder if this is on the same level as Obama saying to Russians to tell Putin he'd have more leverage after the election?

Interesting indeed.

LOL. So predictable.

Post 1874 of this thread:

Ill give it less than 24 hrs before Hannity and company attack this whistleblower as a deep state operative and conditioned republicans will mindlessly repeat whatever trump tweets early tomorrow morning. “Deep state! Witch hunt! The whistleblower is a Democrat who is just angry that Hillary lost! But Obama made promises too! Remember how he said he’d have more flexibility with Medvedev after the election?!”

Interesting indeed.
What a relief it would be if it were that minor.

Interesting indeed.

Without looking it up, do you even remember what the topic was that Obama needed more flexibility on or why he would have more flexibility on it after the election?

This is a talking point I see come up a lot, totally contextless. I'm honestly curious what YOU think this is a statement about.

Without looking it up, do you even remember what the topic was that Obama needed more flexibility on or why he would have more flexibility on it after the election?

This is a talking point I see come up a lot, totally contextless. I'm honestly curious what YOU think this is a statement about.

I know what it was about, but it's example, at least in my case is being used to show the selective outrage employed by Trump haters.

This is easily the most unhinged and paranoid interview I’ve ever seen. Charlie Sheen’s “winning” has nothing on Rudy tonight.

He’s attacking Ukraine, Clinton, China, Biden, Biden’s son, and Soros in one grand conspiracy that the liberal media has refused to report. I don’t know how it all fits. But basically I think the root of this:

Is several countries and organizations demanded a prosecutor in Ukraine he fired for not pursuing corruption allegations. The prosecutor was eventually fired. Rudy blames this prosecutor’s firing to be at the hands of everything democrat. From Soros to Clinton to biden’s Son. It’s a story that was dismissed by fact checkers months ago. Only the dumbest Qanon morons still believe in this.

In trump’s never ending life mission to pursue justice, he sent Rudy to investigate this story.

Chris then got Rudy to admit on national tv that he went to Ukraine not to investigate this story but to dig up dirt on democrats.

Methinks the whistleblower might have info on what trump and Rudy were offering Ukraine to help them dig up dirt on Biden and the democrats. Which shouldn't surprise anyone who’s read the Mueller report. The trump campaign worked nonstop to dig up dirt on Clinton and reach out to the Russians. Why wouldn’t they do it again?

Last edited:
From the Washington Post article:

"Two and a half weeks before the complaint was filed, Trump spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a comedian and political newcomer who was elected in a landslide in May.

That call is already under investigation by House Democrats who are examining whether Trump and his attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani sought to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s reelection campaign. Lawmakers have demanded a full transcript and a list of participants on the call."

Some quotes from the Post article:

"[Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky] took a big step this week toward proving that he will be, as he promised, the most pro-reform president in Ukraine’s history. On Monday, he laid out a breathtakingly ambitious five-year plan including virtually every measure the International Monetary Fund and Western governments have urged on Ukraine in recent years, from land reform to the privatization of state companies to a cleansing of the judiciary.

That ought to be cause for celebration in Washington, where successive Democratic and Republican administrations have tried to draw Ukraine away from Vladimir Putin’s Russia and into the ranks of Western democracies, only to be frustrated by the fecklessness and corruption of the country’s political leaders. Yet Mr. Zelensky has so far failed to win the backing of President Trump. Not only has Mr. Trump refused to grant the Ukrainian leader a White House visit, but also he has suspended the delivery of $250 million in U.S. military aid to a country still fighting Russian aggression in its eastern provinces.

Some suspect Mr. Trump is once again catering to Mr. Putin, who is dedicated to undermining Ukrainian democracy and independence. But we’re reliably told that the president has a second and more venal agenda: He is attempting to force Mr. Zelensky to intervene in the 2020 U.S. presidential election by launching an investigation of the leading Democratic candidate, Joe Biden. Mr. Trump is not just soliciting Ukraine’s help with his presidential campaign; he is using U.S. military aid the country desperately needs in an attempt to extort it."

At this point, isn’t it just required of Pelosi and Democrats to impeach? Like it’s not even a political move anymore. It feels like a moral imperative to impeach. Failing to do so right now almost feels like an epic failure of duty and violation of the public’s trust.

At this point, isn’t it just required of Pelosi and Democrats to impeach? Like it’s not even a political move anymore. It feels like a moral imperative to impeach. Failing to do so right now almost feels like an epic failure of duty and violation of the public’s trust.
It has felt that way to me since at least Jul 16, when I started this thread.

But yeah, this more than ever, the refusal of the executive branch to pass on a whistleblower complaint against the President of the United States, as required by law... seems like impeachment is the only sane remedy.

But yeah, this more than ever, the refusal of the executive branch to pass on a whistleblower complaint against the President of the United States, as required by law... seems like impeachment is the only sane remedy.

Thought of you when I saw this.

I’ve been on a podcast diet for a few weeks. Still love The Bulwark

Does this tweet make sense to anyone besides the most trumpiest trumpers on this site?

And isn’t he just admitting to blackmailing with a foreign power to dig up dirt on his political opponents?

I’m not sure if I can support the DNC after this if they don’t immediately move to impeach.