What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Actually, Donald is the one calling it the “New Hoax.” It appears that he’s the one politicizing this because he knows that the markets that he took full credit for are tanking. In this video he brags about how no American has died and downplays how dangerous the virus is. Information that is already laughably outdated.

If Donald wasn’t trying to politicize this, why would he brag about how no American had died? Seems odd. Wouldn’t he say it’s a dangerous disease and we’re taking precautions? Why brag about how no American had died?

Funny to me that Russia investigation was a hoax and the impeachment was a hoax. Both seemed to have actually happened. Russia absolutely tipped the scale in his favor and his own chief of staff told us to get over their quid pro quo. Those weren’t hoaxes. And now with Americans dying, it’ll be hard for Donald to claim that their deaths are hoaxes and not real. I’m sure their cold bodies and caskets will feel quite real to many Americans quite soon.

Somethinh tells me @Heathme that this “hoax” ain’t going anywhere no matter what your boy Barr or Donald say :)

This poor thread is all but dead but I didn't know where to put this. Good question for some of you here...

Since I hadn't heard about this yet, it is hard to condemn it already. But if this is what he said in this context, it seems quite out of line.

Chief Justice John Roberts' statement, with which I agree:

Chief Justice John Roberts issued a rare statement rebuking Chuck Schumer for comments the Senate minority leader made about Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch outside the Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Schumer, speaking at a rally of abortion rights supporters, appeared to threaten Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, President Donald Trump's two Supreme Court nominees who were confirmed after bruising nomination fights.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions," Schumer said.

In a statement Wednesday afternoon, Roberts said: "This morning, Senator Schumer spoke at a rally in front of the Supreme Court while a case was being argued inside. Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that 'You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.' Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...naugh-and-gorsuch/ar-BB10KY6n?ocid=spartanntp

We get the government we deserve.

Thing is, from my perspective he's being 100% serious and he will actually follow through. We've argued this ad nausem and we will never agree but Shumer, Pelosi, Schiff just got done making something up out of thin air that led to an impeachment of a President with absolutely no law broken. They will stop at anything and sadly people won't even question their motives. They'll actually help push it actually . He is the swamp...

He always has been.

Schumer was out of line. I wish we could replace him for a good senate leader, like Harry Reid. But those who are getting carried away at his “threat”, what do you think “you’ve sown the wind how reap the whirlwind” means? Couldn’t that be construed as a threat too?

But Hunter Biden!!

Senator Romney may derail Republican supoena targeting Bidens:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/05/hunter-biden-subpoena-mitt-romney-122207

A Republican effort to subpoena records about Joe Biden and his son Hunter could be derailed amid concerns from at least one GOP senator that the push appears politically motivated.

The Senate Homeland Security Committee is set to vote next Wednesday on a subpoena for records from a Democratic public relations firm related to the panel’s investigation of conflict-of-interest allegations against the Bidens.

But Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), a member of the panel, has hinted that he could vote against issuing the subpoena, noting the committee’s investigation might look political in nature given Biden’s resurgence and the increasing likelihood that he’ll become the Democratic presidential nominee.

“There’s no question the appearance is not good,” Romney told reporters, adding that he is still “considering” his vote.

Republicans hold a slim 8-6 majority, and if just one GOP senator joins all Democrats, it would mean a 7-7 tie that would result in a failure to issue the subpoena.

Romney’s concerns appeared to be heightened on Thursday after President Donald Trump declared in a Fox News interview Wednesday night that he would seek to use the issue against Biden if he secures the Democratic nomination.

Romney suggested Thursday that the panel shouldn’t even be looking into the issue.

“I would prefer that investigations are done by an independent, nonpolitical body,” said Romney, who split with his party when he voted to convict Trump in the impeachment trial.

Trump has been holding court, at the CDC, with the director of the CDC, and others, and basically holding a press conference. I hope someone tweets some selective segments. He's barged into answers by the director, etc. with his rosey interpretation and prognosis, and his deep knowledge. One gem: "I didn't know people died from the flu".