What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

This is interesting. Jeremy Bash, ex-CIA Chief of Staff points out we now have out in the open evidence of collusion between a Russian agent and Rudy Giuliani in the 2020 election.

For three months, I've tried to explain the Electoral College to my colleagues in Europe and Asia and how elections here are really bent on how a half a dozen or so states are really the focus on who determines our presidency.

I've had a couple dozen of these discussions. Not a single person has understood why we do it. They all just say the same thing - why not just pick who gets the most votes?

It's hard to argue against that.

For three months, I've tried to explain the Electoral College to my colleagues in Europe and Asia and how elections here are really bent on how a half a dozen or so states are really the focus on who determines our presidency.

I've had a couple dozen of these discussions. Not a single person has understood why we do it. They all just say the same thing - why not just pick who gets the most votes?

Because, we must keep using the EC because the EC is 250 years old and No one has ever learned anything about democracy since then. That’s why we need to keep it.

Better get used to the idea. Trump’s coming back. Never find comfort in discussing / making fun of / looking down to this guy or white trash people etc. Or else that will be the jerk circle that you will fool yourself and drown in eternal laziness for bigotry to prevail forever. Don’t tell what is wrong or right to people on your side. It is wasted energy. Be active in political platforms, governmental practices and NGO’s. This is an age that smart people are becoming the victim of their own passive stance against the rising bigotry and ignorance.

Better get used to the idea. Trump’s coming back. Never find comfort in discussing / making fun of / looking down to this guy or white trash people etc. Or else that will be the jerk circle that you will fool yourself and drown in eternal laziness for bigotry to prevail forever. Don’t tell what is wrong or right to people on your side. It is wasted energy. Be active in political platforms, governmental practices and NGO’s. This is an age that smart people are becoming the victim of their own passive stance against the rising bigotry and ignorance.

Good advice here - I think the odds are stacked against Trump's re-election at the moment, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible.

Florida's going to Florida, but Trump is going to need to carry Pennsylvania as I don't think Wisconsin or Michigan is going to fall in his favor this year.

If Trump wins again, then we deserve what we get. It is apparently who we are at this moment in time.

If Trump wins again, then we deserve what we get. It is apparently who we are at this moment in time.
Let’s just make sure we have high standards for believing in his victory. There needs to be the highest level of transparency and belief in the election process. A win isn’t a win, unless it’s by those values.

I'll attempt. Or at least here's something I've been thinking about.

As it is, voting is done at the STATE level not the federal level. Each state declares who won their state. That means that a power hungry maniac like Trump has a much harder time to seize control of the elections. I shudder to think what would be happening if Trump's government were also in charge of running the presidential election. SHUDDER. It's bad enough as it is, but that would be infinitely worse.

Trump wants to get rid of the ballots of the people voting against him. Impeachment reason number 1,654,847. Or maybe it's 1,654,848, I've lost count.

Trump wants to get rid of the ballots of the people voting against him. Impeachment reason number 1,654,847. Or maybe it's 1,654,848, I've lost count.
You are low by a factor of 10. Or is it 10 orders of magnitude?

To be clear, the millions of fake ballots are all for Biden. Not a one for Trump.

Much like your stupid Bond villains, he’s giving you his diabolical plan before the slow moving laser:

- All mail-in votes for Biden are fraudulent
- These votes shouldn’t be counted. Only Election Day votes should be counted and presided over by his poll watchers (since mail-in voting will be higher amongst Biden voters). I’m sure no voter intimidation will occur or reduced polling locations in certain districts...
- Every battleground state will be contested and electors will be asked to vote for him instead of the popular vote winner from the state because bad ballots
- Bank on a R-controlled Supreme Court to invalidate millions of ballots... because.

And if that happens and the will of the people is overthrown, the republic is dead. Not hyperbole - we will see states lay the groundwork to leave the union and become independent entities or form a new version of United States. They won’t tolerate it.

This is the most important election in our lifetimes.

To be clear, the millions of fake ballots are all for Biden. Not a one for Trump.

Much like your stupid Bond villains, he’s giving you his diabolical plan before the slow moving laser:

- All mail-in votes for Biden are fraudulent
- These votes shouldn’t be counted. Only Election Day votes should be counted and presided over by his poll watchers (since mail-in voting will be higher amongst Biden voters). I’m sure no voter intimidation will occur or reduced polling locations in certain districts...
- Every battleground state will be contested and electors will be asked to vote for him instead of the popular vote winner from the state because bad ballots
- Bank on a R-controlled Supreme Court to invalidate millions of ballots... because.

And if that happens and the will of the people is overthrown, the republic is dead. Not hyperbole - we will see states lay the groundwork to leave the union and become independent entities or form a new version of United States. They won’t tolerate it.

This is the most important election in our lifetimes.
I, for one, welcome our new Pacifica overlords.