What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I'll attempt. Or at least here's something I've been thinking about.

As it is, voting is done at the STATE level not the federal level. Each state declares who won their state. That means that a power hungry maniac like Trump has a much harder time to seize control of the elections. I shudder to think what would be happening if Trump's government were also in charge of running the presidential election. SHUDDER. It's bad enough as it is, but that would be infinitely worse.

Unless he corrupts the electors, which is what he’s attempting to do.

And Republican electors eager to be paid off with conservative judges and tax cuts will likely serve their purpose to make orange king ruler forever. Especially if there are disputes with mail in voting. Something we know the post office, bill barr, and pathetic governors like Ron DeSantis will insure.

To be clear, the millions of fake ballots are all for Biden. Not a one for Trump.

Much like your stupid Bond villains, he’s giving you his diabolical plan before the slow moving laser:

- All mail-in votes for Biden are fraudulent
- These votes shouldn’t be counted. Only Election Day votes should be counted and presided over by his poll watchers (since mail-in voting will be higher amongst Biden voters). I’m sure no voter intimidation will occur or reduced polling locations in certain districts...
- Every battleground state will be contested and electors will be asked to vote for him instead of the popular vote winner from the state because bad ballots
- Bank on a R-controlled Supreme Court to invalidate millions of ballots... because.

And if that happens and the will of the people is overthrown, the republic is dead. Not hyperbole - we will see states lay the groundwork to leave the union and become independent entities or form a new version of United States. They won’t tolerate it.

This is the most important election in our lifetimes.

Yep, this is exactly what we should expect. If it were even logistically possible, and I can’t imagine it, a 10 million “man” march on Washington might help. Will Barr charge them all with sedition? If he could, I’m sure. But, you’re right. They pull that ****, and it will not be tolerated. We are not going to tolerate the destruction of this republic laying down.

Unless he corrupts the electors, which is what he’s attempting to do.

And Republican electors eager to be paid off with conservative judges and tax cuts will likely serve their purpose to make orange king ruler forever. Especially if there are disputes with mail in voting. Something we know the post office, bill barr, and pathetic governors like Ron DeSantis will insure.

Earlier this year, did not the Supreme Court rule that electors cannot alter their vote? But, I’m thinking if the mail count goes on too long, with constant claims of mail ballot fraud, then state legislators can assign a slate of Trump electors? So, the original electors are factored out, and new electors vote for Trump. I need clarification here. Maybe the original electors must comply with the will of the people in their state, but Republican controlled state legislators can bypass those electors altogether? This is what really depressed me about that Atlantic article. It seemed to outline several legal maneuverings, if the election is close, and if the mail count drags on, and on, that would actually allow Trump to steal the election....

Earlier this year, did not the Supreme Court rule that electors cannot alter their vote? But, I’m thinking if the mail count goes on too long, with constant claims of mail ballot fraud, then state legislators can assign a slate of Trump electors? So, the original electors are factored out, and new electors vote for Trump. I need clarification here. Maybe the original electors must comply with the will of the people in their state, but Republican controlled state legislators can bypass those electors altogether? This is what really depressed me about that Atlantic article. It seemed to outline several legal maneuverings, if the election is close, and if the mail count drags on, and on, that would actually allow Trump to steal the election....

I'm not sure. But the combination of Fox News propaganda, Trump's "very fine people", Bill Barr, 6-3 Supreme Court, Republicans in Congress, and Donald Trump is more than enough to stomp out democratic resistance and empower a dictator. They essentially already have.

To be clear, the millions of fake ballots are all for Biden. Not a one for Trump.

Much like your stupid Bond villains, he’s giving you his diabolical plan before the slow moving laser:

- All mail-in votes for Biden are fraudulent
- These votes shouldn’t be counted. Only Election Day votes should be counted and presided over by his poll watchers (since mail-in voting will be higher amongst Biden voters). I’m sure no voter intimidation will occur or reduced polling locations in certain districts...
- Every battleground state will be contested and electors will be asked to vote for him instead of the popular vote winner from the state because bad ballots
- Bank on a R-controlled Supreme Court to invalidate millions of ballots... because.

And if that happens and the will of the people is overthrown, the republic is dead. Not hyperbole - we will see states lay the groundwork to leave the union and become independent entities or form a new version of United States. They won’t tolerate it.

This is the most important election in our lifetimes.
If Trump steals this election, then you can be sure I’ll start sniffing around the Independent California movement(s). Or I’ll just move to Scotland (been kicking that around for over a year).

The Supreme Court ruling, which was unanimous, outlined that states have the power to require their presidential electors to vote for the popular vote winner of that state.

The rub here is that it is up to the state to enforce it. So if you have a legislature and government with a majority vote in the legislature, state senate and governor, you could simply choose to not enforce anything as that's the state's right. It's why a state like Florida, in theory, could see Trump lose the popular vote but choose not to enforce any demands on faithless electors. Or maybe it could happen with Biden and Michigan.

Either way, if electors can choose to do whatever they want and overturn the vote of the people, it makes the people's vote pointless. And that's where democracy dies.

Reactions: Red
I think electors in every state should be split along with the popular vote, with an 85%+ all-in factor. So sf Utah votes 70% repub and 30% demo then it should be 4 electors vote for repubs and 2 for dems. But if they get to 85% then all of them should vote for the single party. In California at a 70/30% split that would be 39 for the dems and 16 for the repubs. For it to be split among any independents they would have to carry minimum 5% of the popular vote to get an elector. Something like that would go a long way to getting us to a popular vote electoral system.

The Supreme Court ruling, which was unanimous, outlined that states have the power to require their presidential electors to vote for the popular vote winner of that state.

The rub here is that it is up to the state to enforce it. So if you have a legislature and government with a majority vote in the legislature, state senate and governor, you could simply choose to not enforce anything as that's the state's right. It's why a state like Florida, in theory, could see Trump lose the popular vote but choose not to enforce any demands on faithless electors. Or maybe it could happen with Biden and Michigan.

Either way, if electors can choose to do whatever they want and overturn the vote of the people, it makes the people's vote pointless. And that's where democracy dies.

Thank you. Spot on. It’s easy for me to say (since only yesterday, I sent in my mail ballot application, and plan on returning it, by mail, or drop box, the day I get the ballot), but it would be better for Biden if his supporters voted in person in the swing states, either early, or on Nov. 3rd. Easy for me to say, it’s Covid that is driving my decision, but I do believe I would have to choose in person voting if I lived in a swing state. This is clearly the most important election in our lifetimes, the better things look for Biden on election night, the better chance of defusing Trump’s plans to steal it. Landslide results on election night sure would help.

Thank you. Spot on. It’s easy for me to say (since only yesterday, I sent in my mail ballot application, and plan on returning it, by mail, or drop box, the day I get the ballot), but it would be better for Biden if his supporters voted in person in the swing states, either early, or on Nov. 3rd. Easy for me to say, it’s Covid that is driving my decision, but I do believe I would have to choose in person voting if I lived in a swing state. This is clearly the most important election in our lifetimes, the better things look for Biden on election night, the better chance of defusing Trump’s plans to steal it. Landslide results on election night sure would help.

Election night will be interesting as you could see Biden have sizable leads that diminish if election day votes lean Trump. Or it's possible that states count mail-in votes and election day votes simultaneously so it will be noisy.

Election calls are really based on bellwether counties in certain states hitting benchmarks. If Utah were a swing state, they might expect Biden to carry Salt Lake County by 5%, but if he were actually winning it by 8%, he also might be outperforming losses in other areas (such as only losing Utah County by 10 points instead of 15).

One really cool that the New York Times had in 2016 was the needle which really examined things on a county basis to understand where things were leaning. It picked up Trump outperforming in the midwest before all the networks started doing so and really hinted that Trump was in a position to win election night. It will be up for 2020 as well and will make for some interesting viewing.

Breaking...

The Senate Judiciary Committee highlighted the following key takeaways from the declassified documents [emphasis original]:

• The Crossfire Hurricane team knew in December 2016 that Christopher Steele’s Primary Sub-source was an individual who the FBI had indicated in 2009 “could be a threat to national security.”
  • In May 2009, Steele’s source reportedly attempted to recruit two individuals connected to an influential foreign policy advisor connected to President Obama, offering that if the two individuals “‘did get a job in the government and had access to classified information’ and wanted ‘to make a little extra money,’ [Steele’s source] knew some people to whom they could speak.
  • FBI databases revealed Steele’s source “had contact in 2006 with the Russian Embassy and known Russian intelligence officers, [including contacting a known Russian intelligence officer] ‘so the documents can be placed in tomorrow’s diplomatic pouch.’
  • One individual interviewed by the FBI noted that “the Primary Sub-source persistently asked about the interviewee’s knowledge of a particular military vessel.”
  • Significantly, the “record documenting the closing of the investigation [of the Primary Sub-source] stated that consideration would be given to re-opening the investigation in the event that the Primary Sub-source returned to the United States.”

Crazy... You all have just been exposed and you will never own it. Obama's FBI is guilty of everything you tried to pin on Trump. There is no hiding it now. More to come...

You guys will completely skip over my post above but we now know(well I've known but the dumb sheep didn't) that Trump had every right to ask for an investigation into Biden. The Democrats literally impeached Trump over absolutely nothing. It's now 100% fact that Biden was making shady deals, accepted money from shady people, and this is why you all love him so much gave money to a supposed sex trafficking ring.

There is now no questions that the Bidens were guilty of multiple criminal violations not only in Ukraine but China and Russia as well.

Then why did the investigation not come to that conclusion?

True or false

The investigation found that Hunter Biden had “cashed in” on his father’s name to close lucrative business deals around the world. It also concluded that his work for Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company then mired in a corruption scandal, while the former vice president was directing American policy toward Kyiv had given the appearance of a conflict of interest and alarmed some State Department officials.

“What the chairmen discovered during the course of this investigation is that the Obama administration knew that Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board was problematic and did interfere in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine,” the report said.