What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

“Two explosions at major Russian military bases, including the Dyagilevo base near Ryazan just 150 miles from Moscow, mean the war in Ukraine has come right to Vladimir Putin’s doorstep.

The explosions—which may have been missile or drone strikes but that has yet to be confirmed—suggest that whoever is behind them wanted to strike fear right in the heart of Russia.”

“Two explosions at major Russian military bases, including the Dyagilevo base near Ryazan just 150 miles from Moscow, mean the war in Ukraine has come right to Vladimir Putin’s doorstep.

The explosions—which may have been missile or drone strikes but that has yet to be confirmed—suggest that whoever is behind them wanted to strike fear right in the heart of Russia.”

Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots.

Take the fight to the enemy, Ukraine is making all the right moves.

Take the fight to the enemy, Ukraine is making all the right moves.
This may complicate any further aid they get as most NATO countries don't want the conflict to expand into Russia while they are arming the Ukrainians.

I mean this is a fight that Russia picked so as far as that's concerned it's fair game, but I'd hate to see this hurt Ukraine's ability to completely push the Russians out of their territory, including Crimea.

This may complicate any further aid they get as most NATO countries don't want the conflict to expand into Russia while they are arming the Ukrainians.

I mean this is a fight that Russia picked so as far as that's concerned it's fair game, but I'd hate to see this hurt Ukraine's ability to completely push the Russians out of their territory, including Crimea.
True. But I see their approach as tactically sound for sure. Might strategically end up with some repercussions as you say, but taking the fight directly to them, specifically targeting sites that will hinder Russia's ability to pursue the war, is smart.

They definitely run the risk of causing a “rally behind the flag and defend the motherland” with attacks on Russian soil.

Man I'm just not going to actually go to twitter's website. I hate the way things are laid out and navigating it. I really hope we are seeing the beginning of the end of that ****ing thing.
Regardless, it’s a tremendous resource connecting experts on this subject with regular people. I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand there’s a lot of trashy people and trolls on it. On the other hand it is a tremendous resource. Just imagine how little we’d know about demonstrations taking place in Iran or China if we depended on our crappy corporate media? The entire dynamic of the Russia/Ukrainian war would be different too. Heck, the entire Never Trump movement, uniting liberals and principled conservatives is largely dependent on Twitter.

Imo, Facebook is far more destructive. It serves no purpose other than to spread disinformation and ravage social ties. I never become more depressed than when I log onto Facebook (I don’t post anything I just log on once in a while) and see friends from high school who’ve lost their damn minds. They’re usually balls deep into Covid conspiracy, anti vax sewage, and Trumpworship

Last edited:
Regardless, it’s a tremendous resource connecting experts on this subject with regular people. I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand there’s a lot of trashy people and trolls on it. On the other hand it is a tremendous resource. Just imagine how little we’d know about demonstrations taking place in Iran or China if we depended on our crappy corporate media? The entire dynamic of the Russia/Ukrainian war would be different too. Heck, the entire Never Trump movement, uniting liberals and principled conservatives is largely dependent on Twitter.

Imo, Facebook is far more destructive. It serves no purpose other than to spread disinformation and ravage social ties. I never become more depressed than when I log onto Facebook (I don’t post anything I just log on once in a while) and see friends from high school who’ve lost their damn minds. They’re usually balls deep into Covid conspiracy, anti vax sewage, and Trumpworship
My number one issue with twitter is the website. Navigating it. Trying to use it to find what I'm there looking for. I mean granted I've spent less than 1hr total in my entire life trying, but that was enough. I hate the way that **** is laid out. That is the primary reason I've never used twitter. I don't care about experts or anything else. Using that website is like grating my balls with a rasp.

Imo, Facebook is far more destructive. It serves no purpose other than to spread disinformation and ravage social ties. I never become more depressed than when I log onto Facebook (I don’t post anything I just log on once in a while) and see friends from high school who’ve lost their damn minds. They’re usually balls deep into Covid conspiracy, anti vax sewage, and Trumpworship.

In the run up to the 2016 election, I posted quite a few political screeds and articles on Facebook. This resulted in angry replies from some friends. Not a lot, but it was silly to rile people up, and it’s not like nobody knew what was going on, and needed my two cents in the first place.

Now I post only stuff that will bring a smile to people’s faces, or interesting stories from various scientific disciplines, new discoveries, etc. I never post anything pertinent to either our politics or our culture wars. One of my friends seems to spend his days posting politics and culture war, and I will on occasion post comments to his threads, but otherwise I don’t even see political postings from my Facebook friends at all. And they see none from me.

Man is he trying hard to turn his viewers against Ukraine

View attachment 13513
He's trying to turn Ukraine into a one-party police state? Oh no, then Ukraine would be like Russia, better get Russia in there to incorporate them into their one-party police state which is directly hostile to the U.S. and our allies.

How can this clown say such ridiculous nonsense and have his audience play along is astounding.

He is blatantly running Russian state propaganda on his program.

How can this clown say such ridiculous nonsense and have his audience play along is astounding.
It is an older episode but season 7, episode 4 of South Park which originally aired back in 2003 hit this very point about America.

" Cartman electrocutes himself in water with a TVOH! console full of colonial documentaries from The History Channel in order to induce a flashback. ... Benjamin Franklin shows up and proposes that the new country must not be seen as a warmonger by the rest of the world; at the same time, it must not be seen as weak either. Therefore, the United States will go to war on one hand, and use protests to oppose the war on the other. He refers to this as saying one thing and doing another."

Shipping in deadly weapons, rations, cold weather gear, and supplying intelligence to kill Russians while at the very same time a noisy group of Americans loudly voices their opposition to the war is pretty much how America rolls. Complaining about the complainers is also par for the course. Carry on.

It is an older episode but season 7, episode 4 of South Park which originally aired back in 2003 hit this very point about America.

" Cartman electrocutes himself in water with a TVOH! console full of colonial documentaries from The History Channel in order to induce a flashback. ... Benjamin Franklin shows up and proposes that the new country must not be seen as a warmonger by the rest of the world; at the same time, it must not be seen as weak either. Therefore, the United States will go to war on one hand, and use protests to oppose the war on the other. He refers to this as saying one thing and doing another."

Shipping in deadly weapons, rations, cold weather gear, and supplying intelligence to kill Russians while at the very same time a noisy group of Americans loudly voices their opposition to the war is pretty much how America rolls. Complaining about the complainers is also par for the course. Carry on.
First, Ukraine did not ask for this war. The U.S. is not supplying aggressors in a war of conquest. This is the first war by a major power since WWII (unless you consider 1991 Iraq to be a major power) that is focused on conquest of a peaceful neighbor. A broken clock is right twice a day and in this instance the U.S. interests just so happen to align with doing what's right. It doesn't happen often, but when it does only the dumbest of us would oppose it.

Second, Tucker is not protesting the war. He's advocating for it in favor of the Russian aggressors. He is delivering Russian talking points straight out of the Russian propaganda handbook. He and several others I'm left to assume have been compromised by Russia in some way that compels them to betray their own country to advocate for what used to be, until this massive blunder, one of our greatest international adversaries.

The U.S. has ****ed up time after time in supporting dictators and mass-murderers because they were more friendly to the U.S. than whoever the other guy was. It is a stain on our nation that hasn't even faded yet as I don't know that the CIA (and the military industrial complex) has given up on that course yet. It has caused more harm than good yet we are addicted to it. Saudi Arabia is a prime example of us supporting a criminal regime because they agree to work with us, at least when it suits them.

Ukraine did not do anything to justify having Russia conquer them and take their nation away. This is not a war that in any way can be justified. This is a larger nation deciding that it wants to take over a smaller nation because that would be good for the aristocracy (commonly referred to as oligarchs in Russia) of the bigger nation.

This is nothing like that South Park episode.

First, Ukraine did not ask for this war. The U.S. is not supplying aggressors in a war of conquest. This is the first war by a major power since WWII (unless you consider 1991 Iraq to be a major power) that is focused on conquest of a peaceful neighbor. A broken clock is right twice a day and in this instance the U.S. interests just so happen to align with doing what's right. It doesn't happen often, but when it does only the dumbest of us would oppose it.

Second, Tucker is not protesting the war. He's advocating for it in favor of the Russian aggressors. He is delivering Russian talking points straight out of the Russian propaganda handbook. He and several others I'm left to assume have been compromised by Russia in some way that compels them to betray their own country to advocate for what used to be, until this massive blunder, one of our greatest international adversaries.

The U.S. has ****ed up time after time in supporting dictators and mass-murderers because they were more friendly to the U.S. than whoever the other guy was. It is a stain on our nation that hasn't even faded yet as I don't know that the CIA (and the military industrial complex) has given up on that course yet. It has caused more harm than good yet we are addicted to it. Saudi Arabia is a prime example of us supporting a criminal regime because they agree to work with us, at least when it suits them.

Ukraine did not do anything to justify having Russia conquer them and take their nation away. This is not a war that in any way can be justified. This is a larger nation deciding that it wants to take over a smaller nation because that would be good for the aristocracy (commonly referred to as oligarchs in Russia) of the bigger nation.

Amen.

To be fair to Al, he has probably been compromised by tucker who was compromised by russia so Al just doesn't know any better.

The U.S. has ****ed up time after time in supporting dictators and mass-murderers because they were more friendly to the U.S. than whoever the other guy was. It is a stain on our nation that hasn't even faded yet as I don't know that the CIA (and the military industrial complex) has given up on that course yet. It has caused more harm than good
Has it? I think nearly everyone on the planet has benefited from the Pax Americana flowing directly from those events you claim stained our nation and I do not believe the Bush doctrine of spreading democracy has been quite the panacea the Bush-era neocons claimed it would be.

Zelenski likely is a dictator as his nation is at war and the commander-in-chief takes on that role in such a time. I don’t have a problem with that or with continuing to supply him with adequate means to kill the invaders. That is in our best interest. Letting Russia deeply wound itself in such a way that gives China pause is in the best interests of peace.

It is exactly like the South Park episode. We, as the adults in the room, do what needs to be done but we have no shortage of children who will whine about it. I’m not really sorry that you and Tucker don’t like some of the world leaders we’ve allied with to keep the world on a low boil since the development of nuclear weapons. You and Tucker will have to learn to deal with it.

• Dislike
Reactions: MVP
Man is he trying hard to turn his viewers against Ukraine
We’ll likely see MTG guest spots on Tucker once the House turns and she helps lead the anti-Ukraine crusade. Carlson will be the media’s most watched proponent of this, and seems like he’s going to be full throated about it.
He should be so ashamed of himself for what he’s doing. His audience at, or near, the top of cable news, only makes him all the more irresponsible for being a spokesman for Putin. Carlson’s not a fraction of the man Zelensky is, Carlson’s one of those guys for whom honor is a foreign concept.

As far as banned churches being part of Carlson’s efforts to create an image of Zelensky as dictator, it’s more nuanced. Of course.