What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Oh and you can only prosecute what you can prove. I mean it is what it is on that one. Kill 1 million people but there's no proof, you don't do time. Steal a gummy bear but it's on tape, depending on your income bracket you might be doing some jail time.
Oh and they say right on cnn in that “we tortured some folks” video that they have the declassified documents.
Like I said there is a mountain of evidence, yet we prosecute the guy for hanging onto some papers too long.

Every government document was returned. Thank you for verifying your level of ignorance.

I noticed you didn't produce your chain of logic. I hoped for better.
I don’t really know how to spell it out more logically.
Why would the US decide to prosecute an expresident for hoarding papers over any of the ex-president war criminals? Bush lied us into a war that costs millions of lives and taxpayer dollars as well as started a torture program. If we were going to start charging ex presidents with crimes, I’d start with the war criminals covered in the blood of human beings.
I find it curious that they would start the prosecuting of ex-presidents with trump for hoarding papers, unless they had some other motivation for doing so. Seems logical.

Why would the US decide to prosecute an expresident for hoarding papers over any of the ex-president war criminals? Bush lied us into a war that costs millions of lives and taxpayer dollars as well as started a torture program. If we were going to start charging ex presidents with crimes, I’d start with the war criminals covered in the blood of human beings.
I find it curious that they would start the prosecuting of ex-presidents with trump for hoarding papers, unless they had some other motivation for doing so. Seems logical.
I guess I don't understand how many times you want us to answer the same question.

Whataboutism isn't useful. Do you think they should say, "Oh, well, we didn't prosecute Bush or Reagan, so we'll let Trump commit crimes that violate national security and brag about it?" It's the bragging about it, and the repeated refusal to turn these documents over. You act like the papers are just, like, the menus for state dinners. They're not. Some of them are so secret and sensitive we will never even know what they were about, much less what they contained.

What? You don’t think you can prove that millions of people died as a result of the war on terror? I’m pretty sure there’s burials, death certificates, citizenship records, military records, and so on. You make no sense.
So file charges big boy. You try so hard to not actually have a conversation.

I guess I don't understand how many times you want us to answer the same question.

Whataboutism isn't useful. Do you think they should say, "Oh, well, we didn't prosecute Bush or Reagan, so we'll let Trump commit crimes that violate national security and brag about it?" It's the bragging about it, and the repeated refusal to turn these documents over. You act like the papers are just, like, the menus for state dinners. They're not. Some of them are so secret and sensitive we will never even know what they were about, much less what they contained.
I guess this is where we disagree. I think it’s much worse to have been responsible for starting a war and a torture program and you think “bragging about” taking documents is worse.
Do you think they should say “oh well we are charging trump with a crime, maybe we should charge bush and Reagan and every other president guilty of a crime with crimes?” If you do, you’d be asking the right question.

Why would the US decide to prosecute an expresident for hoarding papers over any of the ex-president war criminals?
Because Presidents are supposed to be war criminals, and they are not supposed to keep official secrets in their personal papers.

Bush lied us into a war that costs millions of lives and taxpayer dollars as well as started a torture program. If we were going to start charging ex presidents with crimes, I’d start with the war criminals covered in the blood of human beings.
I would too. However, the people that run the country disagree.

They prosecuted Trump because he was careless with secrets. Other Presidents have not spread secrets. This is pretty easy. In fact, so easy that there's no point in repeating it.

I guess this is where we disagree. I think it’s much worse to have been responsible for starting a war and a torture program and you think “bragging about” taking documents is worse.
Do you think they should say “oh well we are charging trump with a crime, maybe we should charge bush and Reagan and every other president guilty of a crime with crimes?” If you do, you’d be asking the right question.
The question always starts with "do we have evidence and a law under which, in a jurisdiction with grounds, to file charges? Can we get a grand jury to indict based on what we have?"

That's the grown up version of that question.

We're talking about the law, not morality.

Because no other President had trouble relinquishing power. At least that’s what I believe. He is the first to question the results of the democratic process.

Because no other President had trouble relinquishing power. At least that’s what I believe. He is the first to question the results of the democratic process.
There is an argument to be made about if Nixon would have... That's the funny thing about Watergate and him. He didn't need to do what he did, he would have won the election anyway. He just wanted to win BIG.

There is an argument to be made about if Nixon would have... That's the funny thing about Watergate and him. He didn't need to do what he did, he would have won the election anyway. He just wanted to win BIGGLY.
fixed

Do you not think it’s against the law to kill and torture people?
In war?

Dude, many of us agree with you. Many of us agree with you. (yeah, I said it twice)

It's like you want to make sure no matter what that you don't find common ground with anyone ever.

Ok I can see you all continue to try and justify and do the gymnastics, but I’m still gonna disagree. Leading a nation into an unjustified war resulting in the loss of millions if not billions of tax dollars and the death of millions of people and starting a torture program is still worse. The war on terror was worse than Jan 6th,

Ok I can see you all continue to try and justify and do the gymnastics, but I’m still gonna disagree. Leading a nation into an unjustified war resulting in the loss of millions if not billions of tax dollars and the death of millions of people and starting a torture program is still worse. The war on terror was worse than Jan 6th,
The war on drugs was orders of magnitude worse than either of the others. Holy wars are always worse.

Death of millions of people? What war is this?