What's new

The Official Trade Paul Millsap Thread

lol @ favors with 6 mil. He'd start at C or PF for over half the teams in this league.
That's fine, lots of starting players get 6 millish contracts. You can't pay your entire starting lineup 10+ million dollar deals, there wouldn't be contract space for the rest of the team. My point is that though we have talented players, we don't have the kind of talent it takes to get to a championship, and we are paying some of our marginally talented players too much money.

I think the Jazz are prepared to lose Millsap as a free agent. They're still in the process of bringing along the young players and looking for other assets and probably aren't too worried about competing this year. A bunch of players are uncommitted after the end of the season--Al, Sap, Mo, and Foye. I honestly think they're playing Paul a) as a favor to keep his value up for his impending free agency, and b) to keep his value up for a potential trade. I think Millsap knows he's the odd man out, and that's why he's half-stepping it.

I wish I felt that confidently about it.

I am sincerely interested. What would you pay Paul, if you were GM?

That depends on if he gets back to what he's done his entire career (only get better), or if you believe that his play thus far - which qualifies as an aberration - is who he is.

I don't believe it is who he is, and there's a chance he's been poisoned by an organization that continues to consider him worse than a dump of a player and a fan-base that only likes you until they need to rely on you, then you're never good enough.

That depends on if he gets back to what he's done his entire career (only get better), or if you believe that his play thus far - which qualifies as an aberration - is who he is.

I don't believe it is who he is, and there's a chance he's been poisoned by an organization that continues to consider him worse than a dump of a player and a fan-base that only likes you until they need to rely on you, then you're never good enough.

Don't know that this is fair. They matched Poo-town, and now offered him the maximum extension they could, he's still averaging over 30 MPG, and fans love him. He's getting a lot of flack right now because he hasn't been himself, what is causing that is hard to guess but it's not like he's getting booed by fans or ignored by the coaches/org. They're going out of their way to find uses for him hence time at the 3. In the meantime Booze was allowed to walk, as was AK, Korver, they traded away Deron and won't play Favors or Kanter more than Sap. I'm pretty sure they value PM.

I have a hard time seeing that as unappreciated, is this just based on the team not getting rid of Al yet?

His uncle (or whoever the **** is his agent) has his new team in tow and he's going through the motions making sure he doesn't get hurt, while hoping his poor play will lessen the chance that the Jazz either:
a. keep him through the deadline and do not bite on said teams' offer or
b. overpay to keep him

I think he wants out.

I think the Jazz are prepared to lose Millsap as a free agent. They're still in the process of bringing along the young players and looking for other assets and probably aren't too worried about competing this year. A bunch of players are uncommitted after the end of the season--Al, Sap, Mo, and Foye. I honestly think they're playing Paul a) as a favor to keep his value up for his impending free agency, and b) to keep his value up for a potential trade. I think Millsap knows he's the odd man out, and that's why he's half-stepping it.

No chance he expires for nothing, unless the Jazz turn it around and are fighting for a top 4 spot. He could be a very valuable piece for a playoff team who are willing to give up there middle first rounder or a future pick. Boston and Philly both need PF upgrades and would allow them to make some noise in the playoffs. Jefferson probably does expire for nothing in return.

I have a hard time seeing that as unappreciated, is this just based on the team not getting rid of Al yet?

One of the biggest pieces of fluffy trash to ever rent a Jazz uniform that will eternally get more possessions, minutes, starts, and closes? Yes.

Also, you must've not been around for the 7 years of everyone saying he's too short to __________ regardless of what he has done.

Sure would like to see Bledsoe added. Just for fun (from yesterday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3atS2Dptw&feature=player_embedded

We all know Millsap wants out. He wouldn't have said that he "wanted to test FA" if he wanted to stay here. He's gone. Trade him and get something out of it

I love Millsap, I really do. We hustles and tries hard every game...but he's inconsistent, undersized and frankly we have a better PF waiting to learn and grow into the starting role. We have to trade Millsap and not just let him walk via free agency. We could get at least something in return instead of nothing

Sure would like to see Bledsoe added. Just for fun (from yesterday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3atS2Dptw&feature=player_embedded

Jazz dont want to play guys who can athletically do thing like that though (see alec burks)