What's new

The official Utah Jazz VS the Chicago getting bullied by Jazz Feb 8 on ROOT Sports, ESPN 1280 AM/ 97

Yes, unless you throw context out the window and consider efficiency an overrated concept.
You are only considering FG%, which has absolutely nothing to do with per minute production. Is there any per-minute stat that Kanter accumulates at a "like far better" rate than Jefferson?

You are only considering FG%, which has absolutely nothing to do with per minute production. Is there any per-minute stat that Kanter accumulates at a "like far better" rate than Jefferson?

And you are only looking at volume, completely disregarding efficiency and context.

But let's get on another track because you're only attacking a part of my argument that has nothing to do with my point. I initially brought this up because you were nit-picking at Kanter's mistakes last night despite the fact that he's on a ridiculously short leash and doesn't play anywhere near enough time to establish any sort of rhythm. It's especially stupid to nitpick Kanter when Jefferson routinely gets off to slow starts.

And you are only looking at volume, completely disregarding efficiency and context.
And you're disregarding everything but field goal percentage, including context.

We both agree that Kanter should get more minutes. That's not because he's necessarily as good as Jefferson right now, or because the team would be better if they switched roles.

And you're disregarding everything but field goal percentage, including context.

We both agree that Kanter should get more minutes. That's not because he's necessarily as good as Jefferson right now, or because the team would be better if they switched roles.

... and again you completely skip over the main point of my post:

But let's get on another track because you're only attacking a part of my argument that has nothing to do with my point. I initially brought this up because you were nit-picking at Kanter's mistakes last night despite the fact that he's on a ridiculously short leash and doesn't play anywhere near enough time to establish any sort of rhythm. It's especially stupid to nitpick Kanter when Jefferson routinely gets off to slow starts.

We don't disagree about anything here. I just think people spreading mis- and dis-information in support of my viewpoint weakens it considerably.

Last edited:
We don't disagree about anything here. I just think people spreading mis- and dis-information in support of my viewpoint weaken it considerably.

If we don't disagree about anything, then why, in response to somebody else ripping Corbin for only playing Kanter 7 minutes, did you bash Kanter for his sub-par 7 minutes? Especially when that other poster's point obviously wasn't that Kanter was having a great 7 minutes. Either you agreed with Corbin's decision, which I had initially assumed, or it was a completely pointless post.

If we don't disagree about anything, then why, in response to somebody else ripping Corbin for only playing Kanter 7 minutes, did you bash Kanter for his sub-par 7 minutes? Especially when that other poster's point obviously wasn't that Kanter was having a great 7 minutes. Either you agreed with Corbin's decision, which I had initially assumed, or it was a completely pointless post.
Uh...it's a game thread. I was just pointing out that he played poorly in the game last night.

Uh...it's a game thread. I was just pointing out that he played poorly in the game last night.

Don't you know? If you say anything bad about Kanter or Favors, you are a horrible person who loves the vets and hates progress and cookies. ;)

The guy's point was that Kanter should play more, not that Kanter was having a great 7 minutes. And even though you agreed with him, you bashed Kanter's 7 minute performance.

Here's a tip: Next time you quote somebody, you should respond to their point instead of making a useless observation that would lead any rational person to believe that you disagree with them. You did the same thing with him and with me, and the end result was two unnecessary arguments that you had to take part in.

Here's a tip: Next time you quote somebody, you should respond to their point instead of making a useless observation that would lead any rational person to believe that you disagree with them. You did the same thing with him and with me, and the end result was two unnecessary arguments that you had to take part in.
As opposed to all the necessary arguments/discussions on a sports message board? I thought my post actually led to a decent discussion about Kanter's growth and role.

At least until you entered with your ******** about per36 stats, making anyone who thinks Kanter should get more minutes look like a fool. Good job.

As opposed to all the necessary arguments/discussions on a sports message board? I thought my post actually led to a decent discussion about Kanter's growth and role.

At least until you entered with your ******** about per36 stats, making anyone who thinks Kanter should get more minutes look like a fool. Good job.

Directly responding to somebody you agree with by making a useless observation that ignores their point and makes it seem like you disagree with them is not the key to a decent discussion. The fact that you brought up the per36 thing again, which is largely irrelevant to my main point, shows that you still clearly don't get it.

Directly responding to somebody you agree with by making a useless observation that ignores their point and makes it seem like you disagree with them is not the key to a decent discussion. The fact that you brought up the per36 thing again, which is largely irrelevant to my main point, shows that you still clearly don't get it.
Teach me your ways. Seriously, what the **** do you know? Virtually all your posts on this site amount to temper tantrums about Big Al.

Also, I responded to the part of your post that I disagreed with. Isn't that what you're telling me I should do? Take a deep breath, collect your thoughts, then try for the first time to make a reasonable, well thought out post. Good luck.

Teach me your ways. Seriously, what the **** do you know? Virtually all your posts on this site amount to temper tantrums about Big Al.

Also, I responded to the part of your post that I disagreed with. Isn't that what you're telling me I should do? Take a deep breath, collect your thoughts, then try for the first time to make a reasonable, well thought out post. Good luck.

I am trying to teach you - Is it not reasonable to request that, when you quote people, you respond to their point instead of making a useless observation that would lead any rational person to believe that you disagree with them? Especially when you actually agree with them?

The guy said that Kanter should play more. You quoted him and then typed out all of Kanter's mistakes, and then proceeded to act all shocked and defensive when somebody else took that post to mean that you disagreed with the "Kanter should play more" post. Decent discussion indeed.

Jazz starters being totally out hustled.

I get the feeling that a trade is in the mix. If only to shake things up and breath some life into this team

This game was a nationally-televised microcosm of what the Utah Jazz have become.

Utah has the lead midway through the 4th-quarter, largely because Al was on fire hitting contested mid-range jumpers over Noah&Gibson (impressive but ultimately fools gold) and you have Paul Millsap outplaying Carlos Boozer in virtually every aspect. Then in the final 5-min Boozer scores 11 straight points on side screen-roll w/Marco Bellineli (yes, Bellineli - so don't talk about how the Jazz miss Hayward & Mo when the Bulls at the end of a 6-game roadtrip and without their top 2 PG's are still beating us with Marco Bellineli running side pick&roll). Contrast that to the other end, where Joakim Noah begins aggressively fronting Big Al in the post denying him position/ball and Millsap&Jefferson are once again unable to execute a highschool-level high-low.

-This is why I’ve said even though he was a poor defender – Boozer added so much more offensive value to Utah than Al because of Booze’s versatility & ability to run the pick&roll. He’s one of the best screen-roll bigs I’ve ever seen and he can score getting the ball on the move unlike Big Al who needs to get to a spot which is much easier for Noah or a Chuck Hayes to deny. Boozer wasn't worth resigning - but he & Al are much different in helping you score late in games.​

This isn’t even mentioning Thibodeau playing chess to Corbin’s game of checkers. Chicago ran sets that the Jazz used to run better than anything we run now.

-On the step-back three by Millsap in the corner – Foye was the first option. The Jazz tried to wrap him off a double-screen like Jerry used to do to get the ball in Stock and Deron’s hands late in games – but Millsap & Big Al both set tissue-paper soft screens (in sharp contrast to Favors’ monster screen to free Hayward for the game-winner vs. Sacramento) and Foye was easily denied the ball.​

It’s not November anymore. If a team is still relinshishing leads late in games and unable to execute basic fundamentals 50+ games into a season – that reflects directly on the coaching staff.