What's new

The official Utah Jazz VS the Chicago getting bullied by Jazz Feb 8 on ROOT Sports, ESPN 1280 AM/ 97

Love the low minutes Kanter gets. Still baffled that Marvin is on an NBA team, let alone starting while only putting up 8 points and 3 boards a game. 8 mill a year, 8 points a game seems fair, right?

show me a fith option on anyteam who does not score around 8 points and 3 boards.

he is the fricking fifth option what do you expect.
he'd go off for 30 eevery night?

and big boobs corbin gives kanter 6 minutes of playing time despite his great performance in the last game.
Kanter didn't look very good in his limited minutes last night. He seemed overwhelmed by the intensity of the game. The sequence where he forced a shot in traffic, got his own rebound, then got stripped was pretty ****ing ugly.

Kanter didn't look very good in his limited minutes last night. He seemed overwhelmed by the intensity of the game. The sequence where he forced a shot in traffic, got his own rebound, then got stripped was pretty ****ing ugly.

Ya his 2-4 from the field with 2 rebounds and a block in 7 minutes is just horrible.

He needs to be 5-5 from the field with 3 blocks and 8 rebounds in 7 minutes to deserve to play in the 2nd half.

Next time Kanter needs to stay away from ****ing offensive rebounds for avoid to chance of getting stripped at down low. He should've kicked the ball outside on that position though but that mistake doesn't justify the 7 minutes he get.

Ya his 2-4 from the field with 2 rebounds and a block in 7 minutes is just horrible.

He needs to be 5-5 from the field with 3 blocks and 8 rebounds in 7 minutes to deserve to play in the 2nd half.
1. Straw man much? Where did I say he shouldn't have played in the second half?

2. What of his 2 turnovers in 7 minutes?

3. He didn't look good out there.

1. Straw man much? Where did I say he shouldn't have played in the second half?

2. What of his 2 turnovers in 7 minutes?

3. He didn't look good out there.

You are right, you never said he should not have played more.... sorry for the rebuttal.

I think most of us all (including you) want kanter to play more than 7 minutes in every game. (even games when he has 2 turnovers to go along with his good shooting and defense)

He tried to make a dish to Foye who was trying to make a cut. Can't say i didn't like the intention even it was a fail.
For sure. He's still turning the ball over a lot, but fewer are on strips and more on passes than at the start of the season. I was even a bit shocked at his forced shot-OReb-strip sequence. He's improving rapidly.

The final 22 seconds of last night's game was some of the worst basketball I have ever seen in my life. I used to think Corbin knew what he was doing but after Millsap took that horrendous shot in the corner he didn't even look surprised. I'm willing to bet that's the play he drew up. Also he was continually force feeding Al when they should have been attacking with Burks or Favors down the stretch. Should we discuss the experimental lineup of Tinsley, Foye, Burks, Millsap, Jefferson with less than five minutes to play and down by two? I can't fathom the thought process behind that.

Only good thing about this game is that Jefferson had a legitimately nice game on national TV right before the trade deadline.

Hopefully it doesn't backfire and make management want to keep him.

But knowing our franchise lately, I'm 100% sure we're standing pat.

Game was frustrating for sure, starters finally get a good start but Bulls come out on fire and the Jazz D was not great combined with some careless TO's and missed FT. then the inability to close out the game. However lets not forget the Bulls have only lost 5 road games so it's not like it is a bad loss (not that any loss is a good one) the lack of PG production as usual really hurts and Carroll is coming back down to earth a bit (still like him just offensively his number were due to come down) Marvin's D was pretty good to hold Deng below his average but was no help offensively so it really highlighted how much the Jazz miss Hayward.

Offensively someone besides AJ and Millsap needed to step up and while Favors and Burks didn't necessarily play bad with the Jazz being short handed some one needed to play better and I was hoping it would be one of those two.

Only good thing about this game is that Jefferson had a legitimately nice game on national TV right before the trade deadline.

Hopefully it doesn't backfire and make management want to keep him.

But knowing our franchise lately, I'm 100% sure we're standing pat.

This is the unseen flipside to a lot of arguments we have. We always talk of increasing someone's trade value, but fail to realize that we also increase our own value in the player at the same time.

Offensively someone besides AJ and Millsap needed to step up and while Favors and Burks didn't necessarily play bad with the Jazz being short handed some one needed to play better and I was hoping it would be one of those two.
Precisely. With Mo and Gordo out, Marvin a ghost on O, and Carroll coming back down to earth, the Jazz are lacking offensive punch. I'd like to see more 3 big lineups featuring Millsap at the 3 and either Al or Kanter at the 5 to help out. Pulling guards out of an already thin guard line to play at the 3 seems like a bad idea when you have a lot more talent in the frontcourt, including one player who can play good minutes at the 3 (Millsap).

To the Kanter bashers:

For how hard it is to establish any sort of rhythm when you know that A) You won't get much playing time and B) You're on a ridiculous short leash, I think that Kanter has done beyond amazingly this season. His per 36 stats are far better than Jefferson's, like far better, and that doesn't even account for the planet-wide gap between their defensive abilities.

His per 36 stats are far better than Jefferson's, like far better
They are? Kanter beats Jefferson on field goal percentage and drawing fouls, they're roughly equal in rebounds, steals and blocks, and Jefferson beats Kanter on scoring volume, assists, personal fouls and turnovers. I want Kanter to get more minutes, and Al to be gone by the start of next season, but there's no need to pretend like Kanter's production is clearly superior to Jefferson's when it isn't.

They are? Kanter beats Jefferson on field goal percentage and drawing fouls, they're roughly equal in rebounds, steals and blocks, and Jefferson beats Kanter on scoring volume, assists, personal fouls and turnovers. I want Kanter to get more minutes, and Al to be gone by the start of next season, but there's no need to pretend like Kanter's production is clearly superior to Jefferson's when it isn't.

You do realize that Jefferson being a better volume scorer at a lower efficiency than Kanter isn't exactly an argument in his favor, right? Praising Jefferson for his lower foul rate is also flawed - the guy is horribly lazy on defense and Kanter is far more aggressive, so of course Kanter will average more fouls.

As far as assists goes, Al Jefferson gets the ball every damn possession with the starters. That's the way the offense is designed - it gives him an insanely higher number of assist opportunities. The bench in general doesn't even run an offense - they rely on their elite defense to generate offense in transition for most of their points.

You do realize that Jefferson being a better volume scorer at a lower efficiency than Kanter isn't exactly an argument in his favor, right? Praising Jefferson for his lower foul rate is also stupid - the guy is horribly lazy on defense and Kanter is far more aggressive, so of course Kanter will average more fouls.

As far as assists goes, Al Jefferson gets the ball every damn possession with the starters. That's the way the offense is designed - it gives him an insanely higher number of assist opportunities. The bench in general doesn't even run an offense - they rely on their elite defense to generate offense in transition for most of their points.

Turnovers I'll give you, but even so, a little bit of context would be nice when looking at those stats.
So...Kanter's per36 stats are "like far better" thank Jefferson's? Come on.