What's new

The official Utah Jazz VS the Chicago getting bullied by Jazz Feb 8 on ROOT Sports, ESPN 1280 AM/ 97

Favors could have taken advantage of Boozer's lack of defense in the paint. Instead, Millsap is shooting turn-around jumpers out on the floor.

I could not agree more. As soon as Favors goes to the bench with 5 fouls Millsap gets blown up by Boozer. Corbin does not have an inbound play to save his life. Who cares if Favors gets his 6th foul. We should know Boozer better than anyone! He struggles against length, so what do we do we put 6' 7" Millsap on him. I just do not understand it. Anyone but Millsap. Marvin, Kanter, Favors anyone!

But Favors needed that last foul to foul out with after we had already lost the game! Coaching 101

That was one of the worst coaching games I have seen all year. Robinson was killing Tinsley and it took Corbin forever to make an adjustment. Took the whole offense out of rythem. And not playing a bigger stronger Kanter on boozer was a horrible mistake down the stretch. I am beginning to see just how poor of a coach he is. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But stuff like this is obvious.

And who do you replace him with?

Burks needed super glue after his first half performance.

What I learned in watching tonight's game is how damn good a coach Thibideau is. His players play hard on defense and he knows when to take out his "star" player (Boozer having a good night) for defensive purposes at the end of the game. He knows what his players strengths and weaknesses are and doesn't try to force a square peg into a round hole, Corbin on the other hand...nevermind, I'm gonna have a beer.

This.

Corbin just said Millsap end of game shot was what they wanted. You can't make this **** up folks

Yeah, but theman suggested that there was some other option to replace Tinsley. Burks was playing terrible in the 1st half. There's no one else to go to right now.

That's why i'm hopeful for Bell for Ridnour with some picks involved

I'm more ticked at our inability to stop Boozer on the pick-and-roll for 4 or 5 plays in a row. You'd think we'd know that play by now.

Our biggest problem is really still the guard line. Tinsley didn't score. Burks only got 5 pts. Foye has challenges creating his own shot. I think we've forgotten what it's like to have productive guards. If we had that, then I don't think you'd see the forwards and Al forcing shots or dealing with tight spacing.

If you want to look at some positives, Alec Burks ran at least 2 pick and roll sequences perfectly. Never seen him do that before, he usually just uses a PnR to drive hard. Also he seems to be more loose now. I think after he airballed he never was aggressive again. Even though Burks had a couple ****ty shots, I thought he played great.

Another positive was the way Derrick Favors overpowered Taj Gibson. He had a block, two dunks and got robbed of a 3-point play on a bad call guarded by Noah.

Reporters at the media scrum are reporting that Ty thought we were down 4 instead of 3 when he apparently drew that three ball up for Millsap. Is this real life? What the hell?

Reporters at the media scrum are reporting that Ty thought we were down 4 instead of 3 when he apparently drew that three ball up for Millsap. Is this real life? What the hell?

If only there was some board that displays the score. They should make that standard in all arenas.

https://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2013/02/08/20130208corbinm4v-2378789

Sure enough, Ty thought we were down 4 instead of what we were actually down, 3, when Millsap forced that three. I don't even have words.

Between the entire coaching staff and the team, no one looked at the scoreboard and said, "hey, we're only down 3." Something had to be wrong with the scoreboard in the arena. On TV, we were clearly down 3 at that point.

Not so - I was at the game. The scoreboard was fine.