What's new

The official: We are sick of this **** thread.

I feel we have really backed ourselves into a corner. If we start trading players we're never going to get true value back. Rudy is underrated in what he does. Bogey, Joe and Conley are on the wrong side of thirty and everyone else is driving their value down by the game. I'm not sure we could do a fast enough reset to keep Donovan interested in staying here. We have to make a couple of tweaks and pray for the best.

I feel we have really backed ourselves into a corner. If we start trading players we're never going to get true value back. Rudy is underrated in what he does. Bogey, Joe and Conley are on the wrong side of thirty and everyone else is driving their value down by the game. I'm not sure we could do a fast enough reset to keep Donovan interested in staying here. We have to make a couple of tweaks and pray for the best.
You have like 5-6 year timeline if you pull that lever now if they aren’t close....if you don’t? But yeah you’d have to pull that lever this February and just get it going.

I think the main issue we're having is that guys like Mudiay, Ed Davis and Georges Niang are sub-par players. They just aren't very good. Jeff Green is also flakey, but that's always been the case with him. Put two or three of these guys on the floor together, and the Jazz are at a serious talent disadvantage.

One thing I will say is, with the bench in total disarray, this is a chance for guys like Brantley. He needs to follow the Royce blueprint and take every chance he gets. As far as I'm concerned, at least 3 bench spots are up for grabs. Green, Niang, Mudiay. 4 when you consider that Bradley should play over Ed.

Brantley would fit in two of those spots.

Seriously Jarrell Brantley is a 6'7" SF with a 7'1' wingspan, who is built like a brick outhouse, and averaging 17.7 ppg in the g-league, to go with his 7 boards, TS% of 64%, 1.8 steals, 0.8 blocks, and 3.6 apg. He is looking to prove himself in the NBA. He even makes the yellow jerseys look good.

On the other hand, he played 4 minutes last night and did nothing during that time. So, who knows?

Our bench is just awful. Even when company shill Locke says they aren't playing hard that is really bad. Why not give the young pups a chance? What's the worst that can happen?

Our bench is just awful. Even when company shill Locke says they aren't playing hard that is really bad. Why not give the young pups a chance? What's the worst that can happen?

I like how he rails on about we can’t spend time developing Dante coz we’re tryig to win. Yet Mudiay is allowed to play thru all manner of garbage.

Na
So here's the thing. To anyone saying Donovan is shooting too much I don't think you're right. I think Donovan needs to shoot just as much as he, he just needs to shoot better shots. I think his leadership has really been bad over the past few games specifically but this season overall. I've seen him point fingers on mis-steps that were his fault several times, seen him visibly frustrated on the court way too much. He gives the look of him just "being over it" way too much when things get tough. Tony Jones mentioned on ESPN 700 today that Donovan took the Laker game very hard and was basically sitting in the locker room with his head down and Jeff Green went over to him and talked to him. Sorry Don, you're supposed to be the solid guy in the locker room. I get there's a lot of vets in there but he's the franchise guy, he can't be the guy being over-emotional or obviously drained over a tough stretch or loss. Tony also mentioned on twitter an hour after that Laker game he was still in his game uniform sitting in the locker room. Like great, you care deeply, but you gotta channel that energy to be a great leader.

Donovan is also 23, very young in his NBA career and extremely talented. Maybe this was too much too soon on him to expect him as a 13th draft pick to take us to title contention in his 3rd season. I don't know, I just know Donovans body language and leadership as the best offensive player and face of the franchise hasn't been great lately. I love the kid, and this isn't to say we should expect this exactly from him because Dame is much farther in his NBA career right now, but the Blazers have been struggling big time, more than us even. They also had some high hopes heading into this season. He's struggled in games, he's been great and his teams struggled. Whiteside has been pretty bad at moments. I've seen his teammates make horrible decisions in those games. I've yet to see him point a finger, get down, look miserable, look beaten once. He takes it on the chin, and he never gets too up in the wins, or low in the losses, and Portland has had some bad losses. As a leader you have to be a rock, Donovans emotions have been very effected in some of these games and it's not great but will for sure get better as he progresses in his career. Idk, face of your franchise has to be a rock, and while I think Rudy is part of that Donovans gotta relax a bit. It may not work out as great as we all hoped, that's part of the journey.

Now I have a question.......if this trend continues into February and it's obvious you aren't contending for a title.....how do you feel about the lever of trading Rudy? Bogey, Joe...whoever and just starting over focusing on getting assets and preparing for Donovans prime? Just emptying it out, getting a couple draft picks in the process, tanking it out for a couple years and really basing the future solely off Donovan's prime that is probably a couple seasons away? Donovan will be with us likely until 2025-26. If we can't contend, you can pull that lever now, and have a chance to be good in about 3 seasons if you can get some draft picks back. Idk, there are times I look at it and just feel like maybe that's the best option. Obviously thats a last resort emergency lever but I think it's something to consider.
Maybe write an article or bring out a book next time?

I'm all aboard the Transcontinental Tank Tank.

Choo choooooo!!!!

Of course you are, because it requires being lazy and giving up which is something you do everyday in real life. You seriously look at the Jazz situation and support them giving up as opposed to figuring things out and making a trade here and there to stay on track for the better vision of team success? Enjoy putting together a trolley with tracks in your moms basement because it was easier than dealing with problems of everyday life. Choo chooooo!!!!

I haven't been watching Jazz this season much because Snyder's MO is suck first half hard and then crush through the last 2-3 months and I don't want to endure that pain.
Anyway, it's a bit of fun seeing people demanding rebuild and crying how **** we are, who were so excited before season started and hyped themselves that the Jazz are clear cut top 3 this season.

If we suck in March, then you can start worrying. Until then just relax.

I agree that those crying for a rebuild are idiotic. But nothing is more idiotic then to post a comment stating that you haven't watched the Jazz and that you're not paying attention and then give your 2 cents of any kind one way or the other. Your opinion doesn't matter. This is JazzFANZ. You can't avoid something and then try to say your a fan of it. There's a lot of people on this site that pay attention to not only the Jazz, but the remaining 29 other teams, like myself. You can't say what Snyder's MO is one way or the other, because you don't watch!! Get off this site and join the Lakers bandwagon.

I think the main issue we're having is that guys like Mudiay, Ed Davis and Georges Niang are sub-par players. They just aren't very good. Jeff Green is also flakey, but that's always been the case with him. Put two or three of these guys on the floor together, and the Jazz are at a serious talent disadvantage.

this. And our big move over the offseason has backfired. Conley has sucked for most games. Yet he was supposed to be option 1b for our offense, behind only Mitchell.

Of course you are, because it requires being lazy and giving up which is something you do everyday in real life. You seriously look at the Jazz situation and support them giving up as opposed to figuring things out and making a trade here and there to stay on track for the better vision of team success? Enjoy putting together a trolley with tracks in your moms basement because it was easier than dealing with problems of everyday life. Choo chooooo!!!!
Wow, it was an obvious joke... Lol tanking in December. You really can't be that dense I hope.

We spent over 5 years and millions trying to develop him man, c'mon dude

dude the years he hasn't been injured he's been the sacrificial lamb. What the guy needs is to play, he was a long term project to begin with. I don't have any issue with not playing him, he's not been good but why keep him ?? Dude needs to go to some junk team where they let him loose and see what he can do. That's the problem i have with Mudiay, he's gotten to play a lot and has shown what he can do which is not help a team win very much.

dude the years he hasn't been injured he's been the sacrificial lamb. What the guy needs is to play, he was a long term project to begin with. I don't have any issue with not playing him, he's not been good but why keep him ?? Dude needs to go to some junk team where they let him loose and see what he can do. That's the problem i have with Mudiay, he's gotten to play a lot and has shown what he can do which is not help a team win very much.

The rare salient point.