What's new

The R.I.P. Thread

Loved WKRP. One of the quirkiest and funniest sitcoms of all time. The Turkey Drop episode is one of the all-time great episodes of any sitcom ever. He did some good work after that too, but not as much as I would have hoped. He was a great character actor. Actually had no idea he was 81. He is 4 years younger than my parents, but didn't seem that old when I watched him on WKRP. Weird how that works.

Loved WKRP. One of the quirkiest and funniest sitcoms of all time. The Turkey Drop episode is one of the all-time great episodes of any sitcom ever. He did some good work after that too, but not as much as I would have hoped. He was a great character actor. Actually had no idea he was 81. He is 4 years younger than my parents, but didn't seem that old when I watched him on WKRP. Weird how that works.

Who knew that turkeys don't fly?

This show is how I learned to spell chihuahua.

Boo!

Saw him a couple of times. Loved his work with PJ Harvey. The tributes alone read like a list of my most listened to artists of the last 10 years.

Two really surprising things from that link.

1. I never knew he was in QOTSA.
2. I didn’t know Iggy Pop was still alive. This has to be a Mandela effect.

1. Not the member of QOTSA that people wanted to die.
2. I saw Iggy Pop like 3 years ago, dude is preserved from all the cocaine. Guy i used to work with worked as a bodyguard for him on an Australian tour. Said he had a roadie whose job it was to cut him lines while he played. during the 2 and a half hour gig he must have run offstage 10 times.

Did you know that Iggy had QOTSA as basically his backup band for an album?

1. Not the member of QOTSA that people wanted to die.
2. I saw Iggy Pop like 3 years ago, dude is preserved from all the cocaine. Guy i used to work with worked as a bodyguard for him on an Australian tour. Said he had a roadie whose job it was to cut him lines while he played. during the 2 and a half hour gig he must have run offstage 10 times.
There's a book, Please Kill Me, which is an oral history of punk rock, especially the New York scene. In it, at one point, someone talks about how there was a certain dealer who loved the Stooges who would show up whenever they were playing NYC and give them coke. One time, they played a gig, and went backstage, and there was just this huge mound of it on the table. So there they are, cutting their lines, and none other than MILES DAVIS walks in -. "Hey, guys, I caught your act, you were gre... Is that COCAINE?" and he just dives in. So now I permanently have the image of Iggy and the Stooges and Miles F****** Davis just head down over a pile of cocaine.

Last edited:
emilio-delgado-death-768x435.jpg

Emilio Delgado, the actor who played Luis on Sesame Street has died