What's new

The R.I.P. Thread

Not discounting this but I have literally never heard of him until right now.
Honestly same. I'm not even slightly informed on who people in the music industry are, though. I work with a guy who's in some kind of band that sings the kind of music where you swallow the mic and make a lot of guttural sounds and he asked me what kind of music I was into. I was like "mostly just the cheesiest pop garbage available." He was like "Yeah, no." and stopped talking about music with me.

Not discounting this but I have literally never heard of him until right now.
He's pretty far from mainstream, so it's not super surprising, but he was as big as they come in the underground/alternative hip hop scene. I'd recommend checking his work out if you're at all into rap, or want to hear Methylenedioxymethamphetamine worked into a bar.

He's pretty far from mainstream, so it's not super surprising, but he was as big as they come in the underground/alternative hip hop scene. I'd recommend checking his work out if you're at all into rap, or want to hear Methylenedioxymethamphetamine worked into a bar.
I put him even a little above Immortal Technique in the underground scene. As was said above, absolute legend.

Larry King. Dude had more lives than he did wives.

Howard Stern was just talking about him yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. I knew he had covid a few weeks ago and was thinking he was gonna beat it. That said, not sure how he died for sure yet.

Larry King. Dude had more lives than he did wives.

Howard Stern was just talking about him yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. I knew he had covid a few weeks ago and was thinking he was gonna beat it. That said, not sure how he died for sure yet.

The arc of King's COVID illness seems to match a fairly frequent pattern with older folks. People get deathly ill, seem to make a recovery and then it boomerangs back on them and then they die.

A business acquaintance of mine died of COVID last weekend (I think she was about 60 and had asthma) - she was sick for about a month, was hospitalized and got better. She was actually released from the hospital, then she relapsed and died a few days later.

A business acquaintance of mine died of COVID last weekend (I think she was about 60 and had asthma) - she was sick for about a month, was hospitalized and got better. She was actually released from the hospital, then she relapsed and died a few days later.
That's pretty much what happened to my mom.

What about Hank Aaron?!
Top 10 all time baseball great?
This is a sports community right?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Who?

That is an oxymoron. Baseball sucks so there can be no such thing as an all-time great. What does it mean to be great at something that sucks?

But it is sad he passed away. Sad for his family. I thought he was already gone tbh. Kind of surprised. Was a good dude from what I knew.

Last edited:
Rush Limbaugh. Didn't like the guy or his politics, but I hate lung cancer a lot more.
I read somewhere he was worth 500 million. Holy crap, I had no idea. I mean I knew he was a millionaire but not half-way to billionaire. Nuts.

Well, despite remedial education on hip hop from Sonnie Johnson's talk show, I haven't heard of him either. But anyone who knows what methylenedioxymethamphetamine is should be a billionaire.

Hip Hop I'm told is all about people who've turned from the streets to capitalism using revolutionary music to explain it all. Yo, "Up Like Trump".

a family man, too.

MF DOOM, Illusive Bard of Hip-Hop, Dead at 49 - Rolling Stone

Last edited:
Best poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti, age 101. In 1969, he published the long anti-Nixon piece “Tyrannus Nix”. My favorite, as my generation was none too fond of Tricky Dick, and it was also released as an album, which I enjoyed playing frequently....

E75CF98B-3529-4C07-8EA7-73100FCA5E9F.jpeg

Last edited: