What's new

The Reason Why NFL Ratings Are Declining

I'm not arguing that a person shouldn't spend jail time. I'm arguing that the NFL is doing all they can to not let player get away with it. This is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not arguing that a person shouldn't spend jail time. I'm arguing that the NFL is doing all they can to not let player get away with it. This is all

And we are mostly saying if they are still in the NFL they are getting away with it.

And we are mostly saying if they are still in the NFL they are getting away with it.
I think he is saying that it's not the nfl's fault though. Nfl is doing what they can. They are not able to place people in jail since they are not part of the justice system. They are not able to impose bigger suspensions or ban players because of the players union.

I think he is saying that it's not the nfl's fault though. Nfl is doing what they can. They are not able to place people in jail since they are not part of the justice system. They are not able to impose bigger suspensions or ban players because of the players union.

Correct. And the original argument was the NFL let's them get away with it. Also the league can't tell individual teams to cut them and not sign the player back

I'm actually shocked at home many people, in the industry I work in, have protested the NFL because the protests annoyed them too much to enjoy the game. I'm talking about avid fans, too - some have their office decked out in fan memorabilia of their team. One guy says he'll never root for the Seahawks again as long as Michael Bennett (the dude who, well, lied) is on the roster.
For me, I haven't watched as many games this year mainly because I cancelled my cable. I watch what's on Sling TV and that's about it. I find streaming games I want to watch exhausting.

The op stated The domestic violence as part of the reason that NFL popularity is suffering. Someone said it is because the NFL is letting players get away with domestic violence, This thread has nothing to do with whether they should be in jail or not. All I'm saying is that the NFL isn't just slapping offenders on the wrist or ignoring it all together.

A 6 game suspension for sexual soapy assault and or domestic abuse is a slap in the wrist. They should be fired from their job just like anyone else would be.

I commend owners for not giving Ray rice a job again but I think it was more because of the negative attention it would have brought and loss of money not because of moral implications. Ray rice was given the right to play in the NFL again by the NFL though. His suspension was lifted. It should not have been. He also should have gone to jail. Many things have been swept under the carpet in the NFL as well.

A 6 game suspension for sexual soapy assault and or domestic abuse is a slap in the wrist. They should be fired from their job just like anyone else would be.

I commend owners for not giving Ray rice a job again but I think it was more because of the negative attention it would have brought and loss of money not because of moral implications. Ray rice was given the right to play in the NFL again by the NFL though. His suspension was lifted. It should not have been. He also should have gone to jail. Many things have been swept under the carpet in the NFL as well.

I agree with you about Rice. However, cases like Elliott's weren't proven in court. So it comes down to, do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? That's how I look at it, regardless of the NFLs own investigation.
I'm not saying Elliott didn't do it either.

This little graph tell you all you need to know about people boycotting the NFL over the kneeling protests.

e4e70fb2cdfacc5ba8555e282a3413c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

This little graph tell you all you need to know about people boycotting the NFL over the kneeling protests.

e4e70fb2cdfacc5ba8555e282a3413c9.jpg

I'd be interested to see what that's based off of and broken down into demographics.
I certainly underestimated the amount of people who followed through with boycotting the NFL. I personally, and sadly feel, it's the biggest reason why NFL ratings and attendance are droping.

Is the purple line suppose to be people who didnt vote for Trump?

Both lines represent Trump voters. The purple line is the percentage of Trump voters who disapprove of the NFL and the gray line is those who approve.

Notice the huge swing doesn't reflect when the kneeling started, that was last year, but when Trump began his attacks on the league.

Is the purple line suppose to be people who didnt vote for Trump?

I think sexual assault is in another tier entirely, and was not talking about sexual assault. Even then, the NFL can only do what they can do because of the NFLPA. Maybe u think the NFL has more power then u think it does. I don't know.

Both lines represent Trump voters. The purple line is the percentage of Trump voters who disapprove of the NFL and the gray line is those who approve.

Notice the huge swing doesn't reflect when the kneeling started, that was last year, but when Trump began his attacks on the league.

I'm just confused by it.

So the people who like Trump but disliked the NFL now like it because? I get the reasoning behind the other line, but not that one.

I work in an office of Trump supporters. Many have been involved in a football pool for several years. I never heard talk of the boycott until Trump waded into the fray, but now many of them have stopped watching the games. Most are still involved in the pool, though some have dropped it.

My sister, brother-in-law and nephew also stopped watching the NFL after Trump's involvement.

So apparently all these Trump supporters do not hold strong enough convictions about the NFL players' boycott to have stopped watching games because of it previously, but they now do because Trump told them to do so. Crazy.

I personally watch few games because I don't find them that entertaining anymore. I watch more college football. I will watch Tom Brady, but I don't get a lot of Patriot games.

I'm just confused by it.

So the people who like Trump but disliked the NFL now like it because? I get the reasoning behind the other line, but not that one.

What? I think you are reading it wrong.

Gray line shows a decrease in NFL supporting Trump supporters. The purple shows a rise in NFL hating Trump supporters.

I'm just confused by it.

No man, you're making this more complicated than it is. The graph tracks approval of the NFL among Trump voters.

Before Trump decided to pick a fight with the NFL roughly 25% of Trump voters disapproved of the NFL and 60% approved. Afterward 60% disapproved of the league and 30% approved.

I think sexual assault is in another tier entirely, and was not talking about sexual assault. Even then, the NFL can only do what they can do because of the NFLPA. Maybe u think the NFL has more power then u think it does. I don't know.

Yes, the NFL has a lot of power, I guess a lot more than you think.

They can can players, they can help investigations. They can not protect players who have broken laws. They can take care of their ex players and their medical issues.I All things they don't do.

They do sweep many many serious issues under the rug to protect their brand. Money is more important to them than ethics or moral. Thank goodness for phones and social media to bring attention to some of the terrible things players are doing. The only reason they stepped up slightly with suspensions is because of public outrage.

The only reason owners are wanting to stop protests is because they are think they are losing money or going to lose money. They were on the players side earlier.

I know it has been addressed, but I want to make it crystal clear for [MENTION=253]Saint Cy of JFC[/MENTION]

The purple line indicates DISSAPROVAL of the NFL. It is a measure of how many Trump supporters DON'T LIKE the NFL now.