What's new

The Reason Why NFL Ratings Are Declining

And can anyone who watches football tell me why the camera angle is so ***? Does no one want to watch WR run routes?

I don't mind the camera angle at all.

When a QB drops back the most exciting action is the WR/CB battle and you never get to see that.

It'd be like if you were watching NBA and the PG was dribbling at the top of the 3pt line and all you could see was the PG and his defender.

So how many times should you be allowed to beat your wife before you incur a real penalty? 3 maybe? 4?

6 games is a lot in the NFL. A second offense is a possible life ban and guaranteed one year ban no pay. 6 games in the NFL is like 25-30 games in the NBA. And it's very easy to lose your starting or backup spot due to someone taking it over. I believe in second chances, and so does society. Does anyone even remember Brandon Marshal's issues with domestic violence. There's one of the nfl's success stories right there. Ray Rice's career was cut short because of what he did. The penalty for domestic violence is actually pretty stiff in the NFL.

The nfl's handling of its players offenders has drastically improved since 2014. I'm not trying to make light of a man striking a woman, just saying some are holding on to the past, and don't seem to realize just how far the NFL has come in handling the offense instead of trying to hide it like they used to. These days a lot of players have been cut unless you're one of the bigger stars, but even they are facing at least 6 weeks of not playing, then they come back out of shape, and it takes about another two to 4 weeks to get to where they need to be, and if they do it again their careers come into question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 games is a lot in the NFL. A second offense is a possible life ban and guaranteed one year ban no pay. 6 games in the NFL is like 25-30 games in the NBA. And it's very easy to lose your starting or backup spot due to someone taking it over. I believe in second chances, and so does society. Does anyone even remember Brandon Marshal's issues with domestic violence. There's one of the nfl's success stories right there. Ray Rice's career was cut short because of what he did. The penalty for domestic violence is actually pretty stiff in the NFL.

The nfl's handling of its players offenders has drastically improved since 2014. I'm not trying to make light of a man striking a woman, just saying some are holding on to the past, and don't seem to realize just how far the NFL has come in handling the offense instead of trying to hide it like they used to. These days a lot of players have been cut unless you're one of the bigger stars, but even they are facing at least 6 weeks of not playing, then they come back out of shape, and it takes about another two to 4 weeks to get to where they need to be, and if they do it again their careers come into question.

So to answer the question you are saying at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 if he seems sad about the first couple of times or something. Gotcha.

When a QB drops back the most exciting action is the WR/CB battle and you never get to see that.

It'd be like if you were watching NBA and the PG was dribbling at the top of the 3pt line and all you could see was the PG and his defender.

Dumb.

College football is terrible. The reason upsets are so memorable there is because they almost never happen.

In the 17 games that Top 25 teams played last week, 8 were decided by 20 or more points, 2 by 9-20 points, and 7 were decided by a TD or less (ok, to be technical 8 points or less...but one possession basically). How many upsets happened? Zero. The games are almost known before they are played.

No.

Players who beat their wives should not be allowed to play in the NFL again. Rice should never have been reinstated for example. It is quite rampant in the NFL and suspending a multi millionaire for a few games isnt really doing anything. A 4 game suspension is a slap on the wrist. Sexual and physical assault are not things that deserve slap on the wrists.

So how many times should you be allowed to beat your wife before you incur a real penalty? 3 maybe? 4?

Say these things to the NFLPA. They are the ones trying to truly allow players to get away with these things.

Players who beat their wives should not be allowed to play in the NFL again. Rice should never have been reinstated for example. It is quite rampant in the NFL and suspending a multi millionaire for a few games isnt really doing anything. A 4 game suspension is a slap on the wrist. Sexual and physical assault are not things that deserve slap on the wrists.

Do u think these players are getting away with it?

Are they in jail? If the answer is no then yes I do. It's assault and criminal.

So to answer the question you are saying at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 if he seems sad about the first couple of times or something. Gotcha.

Does the player get punished on his first offense?? Answer the question. They aren't slapping him with a 1 or 2 game ban. This is 6 games without pay, and if it happens again they are possibly done for good. Ask Ray Rice about how he didn't get away with it.

Does the player get punished on his first offense?? Answer the question. They aren't slapping him with a 1 or 2 game ban. This is 6 games without pay, and if it happens again they are possibly done for good. Ask Ray Rice about how he didn't get away with it.

Ok cool. Go rob a bank and we will just make you stay at home with the millions you already earned. It's all good. Don't do it again ok?

Then we can all feel like we handled the situation.

And your Ray Rice comment literally proved my point. He isn't in jail. he got away with it.

This is a horrendously bad look. We're friendly on here so take this for what it's worth. Stop.

Ok cool. Go rob a bank and we will just make you stay at home with the millions you already earned. It's all good. Don't do it again ok?

Then we can all feel like we handled the situation.

And your Ray Rice comment literally proved my point. He isn't in jail. he got away with it.

This is a horrendously bad look. We're friendly on here so take this for what it's worth. Stop.

Wait? I thought we were discussing weather the NFL was letting players get away with DV. I agree that someone should be in jail for the act

My Ray rice comment was to point out that his pro career was cut short because of his actions. I was not referencing him in connection with the law. Let's stay o topic

Wait? I thought we were discussing weather the NFL was letting players get away with DV. I agree that someone should be in jail for the act

Fine, are they still employed?

If I was an employer and my employee was beating his wife I'd fire them.

So wait, you think they should be in jail but are good with them continuing to play in the NFL? How does that work?

The op stated The domestic violence as part of the reason that NFL popularity is suffering. Someone said it is because the NFL is letting players get away with domestic violence, This thread has nothing to do with whether they should be in jail or not. All I'm saying is that the NFL isn't just slapping offenders on the wrist or ignoring it all together.

Fine, are they still employed?

If I was an employer and my employee was beating his wife I'd fire them.

So wait, you think they should be in jail but are good with them continuing to play in the NFL? How does that work?

OMG!! What the hell is wrong with u!!? They don't continue to play? Is there any league that has a stiffer penalty? (Don't know, just asking) Regardless of incarceration that person is going to get released, and they will find a job. Because of the powerful players union the NFL can't just ban a player for life. In my mind they'd like to but can't. However the team can cut the player, which happens all the time. U say you'd fire someone for domestic violence, great, I would too, but only if u don't have to worry about a union as powerful as the NFLPA. All I'm saying is that the nfl's handling of these issues is on point and they are doing everything they can as of 2014.