What's new

The reasons I will no longer make game threads

It’s just sad where we are in society, man, I don’t know, with being private. It’s sad to see where the forum is going, man. Like, if you and I are on the forum or we’re outside on the blacktop and we’re chopping it up, we’re just going at it, and you say what you say, I say what I say. To me, where I’m from, that’s called trash-talking. That’s two guys bumping heads. End of story. Every night you deal with it. Every night you go against a guy, even if you’re in practice, it don’t even matter, man. I trash talk with guys who don’t even play basketball.

But to sit here and make up pointless things just to get — what do you call that, jazzfanz rep? I don’t even know what is. YB85 had to break it down to me. To get rep, or to get people to hear you, because you’re not heard. Well, there’s a reason people don’t hear you. There’s a reason people don’t follow you. Those things. The things that people are doing to get attention these days. And then on top of that, no one checks facts anymore. You can just say whatever you want to say, and then it’s reality. Which is absurd to me. So, you know what? What you’ve been seeing is a more composed, more, ‘Let me just lock in.’ I’m not really dealing with nobody these days. I’m trying to focus on what I’ve got to do and sort of stay in my lane, so to speak.

Let me give you some advice. Log off jazzfanz.com for a while, go hang out with your wife, and reevaluate your life. This is getting embarrassing.

It’s just sad where we are in society, man, I don’t know, with being private. It’s sad to see where the forum is going, man. Like, if you and I are on the forum or we’re outside on the blacktop and we’re chopping it up, we’re just going at it, and you say what you say, I say what I say. To me, where I’m from, that’s called trash-talking. That’s two guys bumping heads. End of story. Every night you deal with it. Every night you go against a guy, even if you’re in practice, it don’t even matter, man. I trash talk with guys who don’t even play basketball.

But to sit here and make up pointless things just to get — what do you call that, jazzfanz rep? I don’t even know what is. YB85 had to break it down to me. To get rep, or to get people to hear you, because you’re not heard. Well, there’s a reason people don’t hear you. There’s a reason people don’t follow you. Those things. The things that people are doing to get attention these days. And then on top of that, no one checks facts anymore. You can just say whatever you want to say, and then it’s reality. Which is absurd to me. So, you know what? What you’ve been seeing is a more composed, more, ‘Let me just lock in.’ I’m not really dealing with nobody these days. I’m trying to focus on what I’ve got to do and sort of stay in my lane, so to speak.

serious.jpg

man_crying_1.jpg

The interwebs. It's chewing gum for the eyes.

serious.jpg

man_crying_1.jpg

The interwebs. It's chewing gum for the eyes.

It’s just sad where we are in society, man, I don’t know, with being private. It’s sad to see where the game’s going, man. Like, if you and I are on the court or we’re outside on the blacktop and we’re chopping it up, we’re just going at it, and you say what you say, I say what I say. To me, where I’m from, that’s called trash-talking. That’s two guys bumping heads. End of story. Every night you deal with it. Every night you go against a guy, even if you’re in practice, it don’t even matter, man. I trash talk with guys who don’t even play basketball.

“But to sit here and make up pointless things just to get — what do you call that, followers? I don’t even know what Twitter is. Shaq had to break it down to me. To get followers, or to get people to hear you, because you’re not heard. Well, there’s a reason people don’t hear you. There’s a reason people don’t follow you. Those things. The things that people are doing to get attention these days. And then on top of that, no one checks facts anymore. You can just say whatever you want to say, and then it’s reality. Which is absurd to me. So, you know what? What you’ve been seeing is a more composed, more, ‘Let me just lock in.’ I’m not really dealing with nobody these days. I’m trying to focus on what I’ve got to do and sort of stay in my lane, so to speak.”
-KG
https://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/19/the-kinder-gentler-kg/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

You guys are so easy to hook line and sinker.

hahahah o god. I love this place. Thank you Archie. Thank you.

edit* Please continue. Thanks again.

OK, so I'm about to get all "internet is serious business" and "write4u" on you, but will no longer make game threads.

Last night I could not sleep for the life of me. I decided to make the Jazz/Sacramento game thread to waste time. I put probably an hour worth of time making the thread. I know it's not for a few games, but it seems there is another poster who continues to try and make piss poor game threads. When I tried to help with this problem, this poster came out and made the Portland game thread. So, before another crappy game thread got posted, I thought this would be a good idea (unless there is a rule I'm unaware of of posting game threads in advance??).

Anyways, I find out that "power hungry" kicky saw the thread and locked it because I wrote "21" instead of "22". Sorry, I got the date wrong. My bad, dude. You better lock it, you know, because that's the correct procedure. *insert a hell of a lot of sarcasm*
sirkicky.jpg

I wrote him a message expressing my frustrations. He responds by saying:

Just to catch you up, last year, he changed a title of my game thread with a "condescending and smug" remark towards me in the thread title. Yeah, kicky, that would have been the same thing if you changed the date from "21" to "22". You're a genius! He's one of those dudes that has to flaunt his "intelligence" and act "superior" for who knows what reasons. I don't think there is another mod on the board that would have locked this thread. It's evident that kicky's "passive/aggressiveness" towards me, is in fact, true. Has there ever been another poster as condescending as Kicky on jazzfanz.com or in the modern western civilization?

You know, I try to have fun on the board. I try and add something and put effort, and it's really disappointing this thread was locked. Seriously though, it really was. That Evans/Avatar picture was rich. I know, I know....

cry_baby.jpg

On top of that, I get a PM from Vinylone today that said:

It really sucks getting "pwned" by kicky. All 5'5" of him. lol (Don't worry, I won't post his Warriors picture for respect for him) I'm glad you two got each others backs. You two are cute with your diversity.

So in short of all this rambling, kicky, I hope you're happy. Way to make the board a less exciting place by being overzealous and power hungry with your mod abilities.

-Go ahead and send me a few warnings or ban me or whatever. I don't care.

Archie ****ing Moses

Just so we dont lose this gem of a first post.

Go ahead and quote it, Vinylone. I don't take it back. I'm a baby.

Oh and don’t say I don’t get along with posters on jazzfanz. I just don’t get along with some of the guys on the forum. I've just been kinda of stressed lately. I haven't had a lot of sleep. On top of that, my sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. All I'm asking for is what I want. I don't want to delete my account or my life. Vinylone is mean and cuts deep to the bone with his hateful remarks. He's violent verbally. Vinylone is the type of guy, if he were in a fight with a bear I wouldn't help him, I'd pour honey on him because he likes to fight. That's the type of guy Vinylone is. You guys just don't see it, I ain't gonna be no escape-goat! And for Kicky, well, like most of us, has 20 digits. Ten fingers. Ten toes. I don't see why he thinks he's so much better than others.

As long as we're posting photos of me, let's at least use the creepiest one:

40157_669406596677_2605940_37598877_6641656_n.jpg

Dude, I hope that's a cell phone or a wallet bulging in your pocket. Otherwise this picture moves up to an all new level of creepiness never before seen on Jazzfanz.

Oh and don’t say I don’t get along with posters on jazzfanz. I just don’t get along with some of the guys on the forum. I've just been kinda of stressed lately. I haven't had a lot of sleep. On top of that, my sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt. All I'm asking for is what I want. I don't want to delete my account or my life. Vinylone is mean and cuts deep to the bone with his hateful remarks. He's violent verbally. Vinylone is the type of guy, if he were in a fight with a bear I wouldn't help him, I'd pour honey on him because he likes to fight. That's the type of guy Vinylone is. You guys just don't see it, I ain't gonna be no escape-goat! And for Kicky, well, like most of us, has 20 digits. Ten fingers. Ten toes. I don't see why he thinks he's so much better than others.

That deserves a Shaggy like LOL. Verbally violent. I like that.

Just to catch you up, last year, he changed a title of my game thread with a "condescending and smug" remark towards me in the thread title. Yeah, kicky, that would have been the same thing if you changed the date from "21" to "22". You're a genius! He's one of those dudes that has to flaunt his "intelligence" and act "superior" for who knows what reasons. I don't think there is another mod on the board that would have locked this thread. It's evident that kicky's "passive/aggressiveness" towards me, is in fact, true. Has there ever been another poster as condescending as Kicky on jazzfanz.com or in the modern western civilization?

Cute-Baby-Crying.jpg

And that's exactly my point. I know it wasn't that funny or that original, but there was effort and time spent. Kicky knew that and he knew what he was going to ruffle some feathers when he locked it. I would rather have game threads that have at least some effort, humor, or research. And that's my point. Now everyone going to call me a baby or whatever, but I have a point. Why lock something Jazz related when a poster puts for effort? Doesn't make sense to me.

crying-baby-0509-s2-99576567.jpg

*image removed by moderator*

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, have you ever heard of Zanax?

Archie, I would really think about taking the advice of that one person that said, to log out of the forum, take some time away, spend some time with that pretty lady of yours and just chill. I mean, it's obvious taking some time off won't help with your learning disability, but it might help with your mind and just putting it at ease. Just a thought.