What's new

The Return -- Celtics @ Jazz 11/9/2019 7:30 pm MST ESPN

Was talking to a guy this AM who’s brother works for the team... he said he thought he will get cheered... I told him it will get ugly. Jazz fans are in the Tyson Zone... nothing that happens tonight would surprise me.

It will be petty, mean, juvenile... it will be everything... and I think Gordon is not super self aware... he may not know how nasty this will get. If we don’t make him cry a little then we didn’t go hard enough. We also have a couple guys that are always looking for a reason to get chippy in Jae and Joe... DM does sometimes too. Get yo popcorn ready!

It will be interesting. I think some of the players, Joe especially, will want to honor him pregame. So when he's announced, I think they will clap and support. Once the game starts, I think they will change gears into wanting to completely shut him down. Joe and Jae will chat his ears off.

The crowd will probably be a mixed bag too. I just don't think the crowd will go full out Philadelphia Eagles on him. Some will cheer because some still think the guy is awesome and we were lucky to have a guy who took almost a decade to make relevant. Others will hate him for bailing the way he did.

If he gets mostly cheers, we are going to look like a sad, desperate fanbase who celebrates mediocrity. If we boo, I think our fanbase actually gains respect around the league.

Drk6DFOVAAAyzKf.jpg

It will be interesting. I think some of the players, Joe especially, will want to honor him pregame. So when he's announced, I think they will clap and support. Once the game starts, I think they will change gears into wanting to completely shut him down. Joe and Jae will chat his ears off.

The crowd will probably be a mixed bag too. I just don't think the crowd will go full out Philadelphia Eagles on him. Some will cheer because some still think the guy is awesome and we were lucky to have a guy who took almost a decade to make relevant. Others will hate him for bailing the way he did.

If he gets mostly cheers, we are going to look like a sad, desperate fanbase who celebrates mediocrity. If we boo, I think our fanbase actually gains respect around the league.

Have you attended many games in Utah? I went back in the 90s and saw fist fights at playoff games on the regular. It will be bad... expect some ESPN shaming and the need for the team to apologize at some point in the coming days.

We. Don't. Bluff.

27956d.jpg

Gordon, do you know what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps? Do you know, Gordon?

Also... to the people who are making appeals to be classy:
If I wanted to be classy I wouldn't have put myself in the scenario of sports spectatorship. There are so many better places to be high-minded and of civic duty.

Haywood needs to be pulverized and cruelly laughed at.

If I wanted to be classy I wouldn't have put myself in the scenario of sports spectatorship. There are so many better places to be high-minded and of civic duty.

I'm classy AF... I'm going to wear a tux as a scream mean things at my TV tonight. Classiness is over-rated.

Also, if Boston wants to discuss class let's talk... your fans are petty towards Ray Allen. A guy who brought you a banner... a guy who left because you didn't want to pay him... he went to a rival so you guys **** on him. Dude was in trade rumors for two straight years. You won't retire his number and gave it to another dude who signed on. At least our organization is classy.

So we gonna be total assholes... at some point maybe he gets some measure of forgiveness... but not tonight. It will be all salt. You must pay for your sins Gordon.

I don't get it.

I'm a very rational fan (I think). But there has never been a more 'boo the **** out of this guy' moment since LeBron left Cleveland the first time.

He didn't tell us during the season so we could trade him, like EVERYONE does these days.

He denied he was leaving when it leaked so he could do his lame *** article.

Kept our asses guessing while other free agents we could have pursued were getting signed.

And by the way, we were good! The team took him from meh player to all star. We weren't some trash team that never put help around him, we had just won a playoff series. We were one piece away, and that piece had already been drafted when he left!

Like, I'm over it. Mitchell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hayward

But I would boo the **** out of him, and hope he misses every shot, and hope Mitchell dunks all over his face.

And I feel completely justified thinking that way. Cheer him? Give me a break.

Jesus Christ--this.

Anyone going to the game? I may buy some tickets, if any are left? Getting a strong itch to bring out the most barbaric side of my fan hood.

If I was in Utah this would be a must see game live.

God, there are three tickets right behind the Boston bench being sold.

Buy them... make Gordon cry. say things to get Morris thinking "why is this guy playing more than me". Things about his old college coach showing favoritism. Hurtful things about how his jersey will never hang from the rafters of an nba gym and about how Danny has offered him to NO for AD every day since he got hurt. Danny doesn't keep cripples around.