What's new

The Ringer's Jonathan Tjarks raves about Utah Jazz on Twitter

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 848

@JonathanTjarks

Love the George Hill and Joe Johnson additions for Utah. They are going to be nasty next season.

@TraceSalvato I've got them at No. 5 in the West with a bullet.
[explaining the meaning of with a 'bullet']-- @TheJerrbear1 Rising. Could go higher than that.

[in response to JJ's position]-- @stonecutter7 He should be able to survive as a 3 in Utah with the speed and length of the rest of their roster.

Hill + Hood + Hayward + Favors + Gobert with Exum, Burks, JJ, Lyles off the bench.

@RyMichail Every single player in their top 9 has positional versatility. It's ridiculous.

@Who_HePlayFor He [Withey] might be their 12th man. They have really built a monster in SLC.

@gamboozle77 I'm really high on Exum and Lyles potential; Hopd could be great too.

@leemac35 Check how many losing teams Joe Johnson has been on his career. It might surprise you.

Lots of national media love

It's a damn good thing that I have 3 months to temper my expectations. I am getting pumped! Nice roundup of twitties.

This is the most positive national pub we've gotten since the DWill days. Dennis Lindsey has ****ing crushed this rebuild. If Lyles and Exum hit 80% of their expected production levels? Look out.

I like the Joe Johnson signing more than an Allen Crabbe signing. He's the perfect 4th wing.

This is the most positive national pub we've gotten since the DWill days. Dennis Lindsey has ****ing crushed this rebuild. If Lyles and Exum hit 80% of their expected production levels? Look out.

It is looking good right now. I hope Lyles and Exum can become core contributors. I can see where Lyles can employee his talents more proficiently, but what about Exum? What does Exum's improvement look like this year? What will be different about him and what will he do differently?

The more I think about the Johnson signing the more pumped I am getting, the dude is EXACTLY what we needed. We are gonna be good.
I'm super pumped

This team already was competitive against the Thunder Cavs and warriors. They just improved 3 player positions and got Burks back too. If they add a another scoring big to replace Booker, this team can win 60 next year. Sick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This team already was competitive against the Thunder Cavs and warriors. They just improved 3 player positions and got Burks back too. If they add a another scoring big to replace Booker, this team can win 60 next year. Sick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

remember how some joked that Burks would be DL's "big offseason acquisition" for the 2nd season running?

Dude came to ****ing play. Spent a year cake-baking, assessed roster weaknesses, and has turned out what will be a >50 win team if injuries aren't extreme.

50-55 wins .... And no pressure on Exum straight away. DL has totally killed it, plus he's left a massive amount of flexibility to go in multiple directions over the next 2-3 years.

Where have I heard this before? Ooh that is right it was last offseason when Jazz were supposed to win 46 and make playoff position 6 or better.
And it was a disappointment, but it was a disappointment because of injuries. It wouldn't be fair at all to say the Jazz underperformed last year considering how the injury bug ravaged them.