What's new

The Rose Appreciation Thread

If his sexual misconduct allegations are untrue then I wish the dude the best and feel bad for him. Yes, he's made millions, been MVP and has been on top of the world (**** the Oxford comma, btw.) But losing something you're great at, passionate about and love with your heart due to injury is something I don't wish on anyone. You can tell it's taken a toll on him. Wish him the best.
I hadn’t heard any of these allegations until the trade. When was this?

Lol I don't understand the Rose hate. He was injured multiple times through his career and it took a toll on him mentally to where he took a LOA last year and this year.

We're treating him like Carmelo.

It took 2 days for the hood appreciation thread to get a single response. Sigh...

Y'all are a bunch of hemroids sometimes. Crabbs and hemroids.

One of the thing’s he’s done was got us Crowder.

BUT it should have never come to that because Bartelstein, Ainge, and Hayward did us dirty.
I disagree. Hayward was an UFA. He signed with Boston. Ainge didn't owe us a thing as he wasn't acquired via trade. Jazz weren't owed Crowder in return or a trade exception. Do you think Lindsey would ever give away an asset for nothing? Did he send an asset to Miami after signing Joe Johnson? Did he offer to give Boston a trade exception before signing Jerebko?

Great lockerroom guy. Never a distraction. You never heard guys complain about him.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Not sure if he’s a great locker room guy or not but his quiet, no nonsense, professional demeanor, despite always being injured and probably finding his career frustrating in that regard, sort of reminds me of Burks.

Well, he did go AWOL on The Knicks last year which resulted in missing a game.

He claimed it was because his mother was sick; but others felt it was because Hornacek was benching him down the stretch in close games because he doesn't play defense.

Either way, he's a one way player who can't hit the three (worse lifetime 3PG% than Rubio). Nothing about him matches QS's style.

If his sexual misconduct allegations are untrue then I wish the dude the best and feel bad for him. Yes, he's made millions, been MVP and has been on top of the world (**** the Oxford comma, btw.) But losing something you're great at, passionate about and love with your heart due to injury is something I don't wish on anyone. You can tell it's taken a toll on him. Wish him the best.
I don't know what really happened with his sexual assault situation. He might be innocent but after reading about it, it's clear to be that Rose has 0 idea what sexual assault actually is. It made me lose all respect for him innocent or guilty.

I don't know what really happened with his sexual assault situation. He might be innocent but after reading about it, it's clear to be that Rose has 0 idea what sexual assault actually is. It made me lose all respect for him innocent or guilty.
My first post, I was definitely ignorant about the details. After reading about it, I can't help but agree with you.

Should the Jazz have kept Derrick Rose? Would he have made a difference down the stretch helping to get Utah to the 3rd or 4th seed especially when Utah was without a PG? Why keep Cavanaugh or Mitrou-Long instead of Rose (two-way aside). He will never be an MVP again but he certainly showed flashes (especially against Utah) and for a back-up PG to average 18ppg is impressive. Utah’s biggest weakness was scoring and guys who could create their own shot and that was Rose. I think not keeping Rose was a major blunder.

Should the Jazz have kept Derrick Rose? Would he have made a difference down the stretch helping to get Utah to the 3rd or 4th seed especially when Utah was without a PG? Why keep Cavanaugh or Mitrou-Long instead of Rose (two-way aside). He will never be an MVP again but he certainly showed flashes (especially against Utah) and for a back-up PG to average 18ppg is impressive. Utah’s biggest weakness was scoring and guys who could create their own shot and that was Rose. I think not keeping Rose was a major blunder.
Derrick Rose is a rapist so I’m totally good with him not being here.

But good for him for being good at a sport.