Not Televised

Marquez-vs-Francisco Estrada
Main: Hernan Marquez vs. Juan Francisco Estrada
Sat, Sep 26 2015
Centro Convenciones Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico
Mexico Azteca - beIN Sports en Español

Roy Jones jr is favorite boxer of all time

Roy Jones jr is favorite boxer of all time

Absolutely one of the best. When he started moving up in weight his greatness started to dilute, people forget that. In his prime at super-middleweight no one on this planet was gonna beat him, infact I don't think anyone could've even given him a decent fight.. Too much power and quickness, with both hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdHJFJeijw

I'll always remember Antonio Tarver knocking him out and thru the ropes in the 2nd round after mercilessly **** talking him to get the fight.. hate it had to be him. I thought Tarver was gonna whoop his *** too, I remember that fight like it was yesterday...

Roy didn't just want to win, he wanted to make it look good, an that ultimately opened up holes in his defense. too much dropping his hands, getting caught unnecessary clean shots.. he could've protected himself better

Wouldn't recommend watching him fight anymore, I can almost guarantee you'll regret it. the last fight was really pathetic.. Holyfield status.

He's said he wants to help repair US/Russian relations, that should be an interesting storyline.

Damn..

Wladimir Klitschko has pulled out of his fight with Tyson Fury on 24 October because of a calf injury.
Ukrainian Klitschko, 39, was due to defend his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles against Britain's Fury in Dusseldorf, Germany.
"It's a bit funny as I predicted this would happen!" tweeted Fury, along with a emoji of an old man.
Klitschko told Bild he was "incredibly sorry", adding in a video message that he was "working hard on rescheduling".
Fury, 27, had called Klitschko "boring" in the build-up to the fight and attended a news conference dressed as Batman.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/34359581

0 MMA fighters made the Forbes list of 100 top paid athletes. Here's the top-5

1. Floyd Mayweather - 300 million
2. Manny Pacquiao - 160 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - 79.6 million
4. Lionel Messi - 73.8 million
5. Roger Federer - 67 million

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/...paid-athletes-list-features-zero-ufc-fighters
I'm not surprised. Ufc screws their fighters over for the most part.

If I could be elite at any sport in the world I would choose golf. Make tons, don't have to train/work out very hard, and get to be paid for playing a sport that tons of people have to spend small fortunes of their own money to play

If I could be elite at any sport in the world I would choose golf. Make tons, don't have to train/work out very hard, and get to be paid for playing a sport that tons of people have to spend small fortunes of their own money to play

Dana 'Dollars' White makes all the $$$, he's the new age Don King.

Rakhim Chakhkiev(24-1 18ko's), a beastly 32year old Russian cruiserweight(200lbs.) fought yesterday. I missed it. (who fights on a thursday?) Check these highlights, he throws punches with mean intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hCRbYXOiqg

Won a unanimous descion vs Hamilton Ventura but got knocked down late. He's on his way to a title shot soon.

The one's I wouldn't pick are MMA and boxing. It cracks me up how the MMA fans and the boxing fans can't get along, though. Why all the angst about forms of fighting that just happen to have different rules? (Though in the case of MMA I use the term "rules" loosely.)

FIGHTNIGHT!!

Lemme introduce another undefeated(12-0 11ko's) 'can't-miss' prospect here. Gervonta 'Tank' Davis. They said he broke 4 noses in one day of sparring!! Look at the punches he throws, I believe it!!

He's the best prospect on "The Money Team"(Mayweather has billed him as such, and its true) that's ready to fight now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6nn1I8KLx8

I'd venture to say If you don't like the way he fights, Boxing is probably not your sport.

The one's I wouldn't pick are MMA and boxing. It cracks me up how the MMA fans and the boxing fans can't get along, though. Why all the angst about forms of fighting that just happen to have different rules? (Though in the case of MMA I use the term "rules" loosely.)

I used to love the UFC back before Dana Dollars. It's still good at-times, It's just commercialized and lacking starpower in a major way/getting by on gimmicks/low-quality cards rightnow. Bones Jones is gone, who I thought was by-far their best fighter. His fall from grace is a truly disappointing story too.

Just liked the old UFC better, those 1night tournaments with no weight classes... Reminded me of the movie Bloodsport. I also always liked Pride back in the day better than the new UFC, because of the rules. You should be able to stomp people on the ground, which isn't sanctioned in the USA. You see fighters who don't want to stand up, so they just lie on the backs and cover their head, You should be able to run up to that dude, jump in the air and stomp him in the face.. IMO..

In the early 2000's I made it tradition to buy the 24 hour marathon of all the early UFC's for new years eve. so I've seen a majority of the UFC matches that've taken place.

In the UFC i watched Georges St. Pierre turn from a monster up and coming prospect, to a lame champion who wasn't trying to give the fans a great fight(main-event), he was just trying to win(on points).

Also got turned off a bit to UFC, going to bars to watch those fights. Even in diverse New York, I've found thats justnot my crowd. (drunken CASUAL fans)

Last edited:
You see fighters who don't want to stand up, so they just lie on the backs and cover their head, You should be able to run up to that dude, jump in the air and stomp him in the face.. IMO..
The thing that blows me away about UFC is all the stuff they are allowed to do. I would think it could result in serious and permanent damage. But you think they should be allowed to do even more? Stomping someone in the face could be life threatening.

In the early days of ufc I remember the majority if fights ending by headbutt. One fighter would get top position on the ground and simply headbutt the guy on the bottom.
Easy, brutal victory.
When that rule was removed it changed the game and forced fighters to become more technical.

(I have been watching ufc since the beginning. Royce gracie, dan severyn, tank abbot, ken shamrock, taktarov, vitor belfort back when he was an 18 year old phenom, and don frye who was one of my favorites)

The thing that blows me away about UFC is all the stuff they are allowed to do. I would think it could result in serious and permanent damage. But you think they should be allowed to do even more? Stomping someone in the face could be life threatening.

No. that would never, ever, be sanctioned here so its a moot point - That took place in Japan. One of the ways they've re-popularized the brand(got it back on TV in the states), and made it mainstream was cleaning up rules exactly like that. The UFC was an INCREDIBLE investment for Dana, he certainly had the right vision..

I'm just saying in the UFC, you have the option of lying on your back to avoid stand-up, That doesn't seem like a fair rule for combat, to me, it heavily favors wrestling/grapplers/BJJ fighters, no?

The UFC existed without ****ing weight classes here for quite some time though, I can't figure how thats less dangerous.. Then a rule both fighters are well aware of.

It could result in some really brutal injuries, but lets face it, thats what the people want to see anyways. Brutal kicks to the face are still going to happen... Most UFC fans just want to see carnage, that part that rubs me the wrong way most these days. I like the technical stuff.

s/o to Joe Rogan though, that dude is a GREAT announcer.

In the early days of ufc I remember the majority if fights ending by headbutt. One fighter would get top position on the ground and simply headbutt the guy on the bottom.
Easy, brutal victory.
When that rule was removed it changed the game and forced fighters to become more technical.

(I have been watching ufc since the beginning. Royce gracie, dan severyn, tank abbot, ken shamrock, taktarov, vitor belfort back when he was an 18 year old phenom, and don frye who was one of my favorites)

Did you see the recent Tank Abbott-Rhonda Rousey story??? He offered her a fight, 100k if she wins, if he wins she's gotta make him a sandwich..

Did you see the recent Tank Abbott-Rhonda Rousey story??? He offered her a fight, 100k if she wins, if he wins she's gotta make him a sandwich..
Lol
Sounds like tank abbot. I loved watching his fights. So exciting early but if you could last through his early onslaught he would tire out and he was easily beatable.
Total bar-room brawler style fighter.

He would destroy rousey imo. Just too big for her to have a chance.

Lol
Sounds like tank abbot. I loved watching his fights. So exciting early but if you could last through his early onslaught he would tire out and he was easily beatable.
Total bar-room brawler style fighter.

He would destroy rousey imo. Just too big for her to have a chance.

hehe yup. His stamina was ****. He'd certainly overwhelm Rousey though.. he could throw her across the octagon.

It's funny because he's got a losing record, and Rhonda's scared to fight Cyborg - yet she likes to call out men...

Kind of like when she claimed she could beat any female in the world in a BJJ match, and this chick responded.

Gabi-Garcia.0.jpg

hehe yup. His stamina was ****. He'd certainly overwhelm Rousey though.. he could throw her across the octagon.

It's funny because he's got a losing record, and Rhonda's scared to fight Cyborg - yet she likes to call out men...

Kind of like when she claimed she could beat any female in the world in a BJJ match, and this chick responded.

Gabi-Garcia.0.jpg
Whoa
That chick has to be roided up