What's new

The Ultimate Best Elite World-Class Jazz Off-Season Guide

So... if we are swinging for the fences.

Andrew Wiggins. Thoughts?

Have JB work on his offensive game and Quin bringing out that defensive potential...

Jabari just did this in April. How can you watch this and not see a dominant player?

Take a look at 48 seconds. Really? Thats not an elite athlete?

That's fine... he can score... they also lost in that game and he was a -9 even though he went beserk. If he stays healthy the contract proposed is good, but he still has to be a consistent shooter (the most fixable of his flaws imo). For it to elevate our team he can't be Kanteresque... he's been bottom 5 in DRPM for PFs every year he has played. Maybe Rudy can make him salvageable... or maybe he wrecks what we do best.

Health???
Defense??
Attitude?
Consistency?

He could be a good fit, and maybe in a defensive scheme that makes sense he figures it out... He will need to dig in and play hard... not sure he is mentally up for it, but I know rehab is no joke and he's worked very hard to get back on court. If we can get him in sign and trade with Milwaukee for the deal outlined then I'm okay with it... he may cost more. Like what if BKN offers 4/80ish? We willing to go that high?

Jabari just did this in April. How can you watch this and not see a dominant player?

Take a look at 48 seconds. Really? Thats not an elite athlete?

He can be a monster no doubt.

But... did you noticed the Bucks lost that game?

Have you been watching the WCF? How do you hide a guy like that against the Houstons and GSs of the world?

The max Utah can give Middleton is 32 million in the first year with 5% yearly increases. Utah would have to get Rubio on a 15-17 million a year extension and not sign Exum or Favors this off-season.

I've said if Favs wants back it's a one year deal so that is fine. I think that number is reasonable for Ricky. I would sign Dante to a 3/24 with final year 1M guaranteed. If he plays well he's a tradeable asset... if he gets hurt you can stretch him over 5 years instead of 3 and his cap number goes from 8ish to 1.75M.

I'm not sure Milwaukee goes full max with Middleton. Would put them at $106M without Bledsoe, Brogdnon, and Jabari... still a hole at center too and none of their young guys look like much. They need to do well on this pick or they are screwed. 10-15M for Bledsoe or Brogdnon and 18M for Jabari makes them a tax team... that likely can't get to the EC finals.

So I kinda think they make their decision this offseason. If Jabari walks how happy is Giannis?

So... if we are swinging for the fences.

Andrew Wiggins. Thoughts?

Have JB work on his offensive game and Quin bringing out that defensive potential...

Wait until the trade deadline if you go that route... If Minny trades him this offseason he still has some what if he figures it out value. I think Thibs is highly overrated and they may end up trading AW just to get off his deal. Right now i think you'd have to send something moderately good.

Unfortunately I just don't see the desire with him. Don't think he craves winning like some others do.

Have you been watching the WCF? How do you hide a guy like that against the Houstons and GSs of the world?

You cant hide him. Much better off waiting for the 2019 draft and paying up assets for Sekou Doumbouya. The price Cy has for the offer is unrealistic too. It's not a secret he and his agent are looking for big $$$.

Jabari will pick dollars over everything else. I'd rather use AB and flip him for DMC to help BKN get the necessary space to give Jabari 18-20M for 4 years. If Milwaukee matches then Middleton is that much more available next offseason.

I dont think you ever want to overpay. It always comes back to bite you.

No way do you give 20-25 mil to Harris. He is in no way worth that much money. That would be a franchise killer. Jabari is way better than Harris.

Jabari hate and Harris love. I really dont get wtf people are watching. Probably neither is my guess.

Harris is what you'd want jabari to become if he stays healthy and if he plays adequate defense. Jabari's offense would be better, but not by as much as you think.

I've said if Favs wants back it's a one year deal so that is fine. I think that number is reasonable for Ricky. I would sign Dante to a 3/24 with final year 1M guaranteed. If he plays well he's a tradeable asset... if he gets hurt you can stretch him over 5 years instead of 3 and his cap number goes from 8ish to 1.75M.

I'm not sure Milwaukee goes full max with Middleton. Would put them at $106M without Bledsoe, Brogdnon, and Jabari... still a hole at center too and none of their young guys look like much. They need to do well on this pick or they are screwed. 10-15M for Bledsoe or Brogdnon and 18M for Jabari makes them a tax team... that likely can't get to the EC finals.

So I kinda think they make their decision this offseason. If Jabari walks how happy is Giannis?
You cant tho. If you offer Exum any amount of money into next year then you can't reach Middleton's max.

BTW I'm surprised @Saint Cy of JFC didn't go for a sign and trade with the Wizards for Otto Porter... something like...Favors + filler + our pick for Otto... Would you do that Cy in case WAS wants to clear capspace?

We cant stop GS or Houston anyways. We need to score with them.

Last edited:
You cant tho. If you offer Exum any amount of money into next year then you can't reach Middleton's max.

You can if you trade him... if he's healthy on that type of deal I think he's an asset. I'd waive Ricky's cap hold altogether then re-sign him with whatever is left. I like Ricky, but I think he is far more replaceable than a guy like Middleton. I also think because of his uniqueness and fit here that other teams will be leery of offering something big for him.

You can if you trade him... if he's healthy on that type of deal I think he's an asset. I'd waive Ricky's cap hold altogether then re-sign him with whatever is left. I like Ricky, but I think he is far more replaceable than a guy like Middleton. I also think because of his uniqueness and fit here that other teams will be leery of offering something big for him.

Also if Exum was healthy and Ricky got offered 20+ per year... I'd let him walk.