The untold story of Ron Boone: returning to where it all started -- Jazz in New Orleans 3/11/18 2PM

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by infection, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I don't mind if he shoots when he's open, but he needs to stop shooting without involving other guys. He's far from the best shooter.

2. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    If he stops shooting just because he misses a few shots he's useless to this team, which is why Quin wants him to keep shooting and stay aggressive. Even when he's not hitting, him being aggressive opens up the offense and makes it easier for the rest of the team to get open shots Rubio has been a godsend for a better part of the last month, and in that time he hasn't done a damned thing to hurt the team. U can hide behind your own stupidity for so long, but casting shade on Rubio on a night where he puts up 30/10/7, and is playing well for an extended period is ridiculous. U hating on Rubio makes me wish the jazz would offer him a 5 year max contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    This is a dumb comment. Did the Jazz make the comeback with Rubio on the bench or not? I don't take issue with Rubio overall, the way he's been playing. But he needs to play smarter. He needs to realize that when he becomes too aggressive it hurts the team. Why else would Quin take him out? This happened in the past and Donovan was able to pull the game out when it appeared we were going to lose. This is not Rubio hate; this is simply looking at the reality of the situation.

4. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    Oh that's right, you're the idiot that thought AK should've been #1 on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. radiohegel

radiohegel Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Not sure what game you were watching, but Rubio looked like pretty much the only thing holding the Jazz afloat just before Donovan's explosion. He had a fantastic game. I think you should stop trying with the critique on this one.

6. SoUjazzfan

SoUjazzfan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    The fact of the matter is without Rubio we wouldn't have stayed within striking distance. Then there is no chance to win regardless of whether the comeback happened with him on the bench or not. He also had some critical plays down the stretch to keep the lead comfortable and help us close it out. However we want to look at it this team will go as Ricky goes and I hope he sustains play in the realm of yesterdays.

Luiscar73, RRJazz, Tak and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    You do realize he's one of two players on this team that can create their own shots

8. David Stern

David Stern Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I don’t understand the Rubio hate. The dude has holes in his game, but plays his *** off every night.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Luiscar73, Tak and Ellis269 like this.
  9. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    One of the main reasons (if not the main reason) we were just down 3 instead of 18 at halftime was Rubio. I read somewhere that Mitchell, Gobert, Crowder, and O'Neale shot a combined 3-24 (probably even worse) in the first half. No way Mitchell wins this game "when Rubio went to the bench" if Rubio and Ingles don't keep it afloat before.

Glad to see that most people saw it as it was.

Luiscar73 likes this.
  10. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Jazz got the calls on Sunday. Homerism confirmed.

11. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Affirmative. We need scoring.

12. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I only report racism, sexism, misogyny, so it wasn't me imo.

13. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I'm always impressed by the grievance memory of many JFC posters. I can hardly remember jack squat about people's previous takes.

Ellipse and fishonjazz like this.
  14. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Notice the likes below your comment? There aren't any because you fail to understand that the lead couldn't come to pass without Rubio's strong game. Stop hating dude. Everyone disagrees with not only me.

15. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Stupid times 10 is still stupid. Can anyone explain why the Jazz were able to come back with Rubio on the bench, and do you think it's just a coincidence that Donovan went off when Ricky went to the bench? It has happened before. And sure he's going to score, especially when the other team is letting him shoot -- don't you guys see this. They're letting him shoot because of his past history as a shooter. You think that's going to happen in the playoffs? I'm fine with Rubio when he plays great defense, hustles for loose balls, makes the right pass, and takes good shots. I don't like it when he dominates the ball and yes, he will score if they don't guard him, but it's fool's gold as they say when he scores 30 points. And you saw what happened last game. The Jazz would've lost if Quin didn't take out Ricky.

16. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Actually when I posted that foul shots were something like 9-2 in favor of NO. We got the calls in the 2nd half though.

17. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    The first half featured some pretty iffy calls against Favors. I think it evened out by the end of the game though.

18. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah I just edited it, also NO didnt even shoot 14 fts. I can't remember the exact number but NO was at the line a good amount more than us and had a lot less fouls.

19. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    For sure, I'm agreeing with you. I don't think it was homerific at all to think we weren't getting a friendly whistle early on.

20. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    You hate Rubio, I get it. Glad our coach sees things differently than you do.