The untold story of Ron Boone: returning to where it all started -- Jazz in New Orleans 3/11/18 2PM

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by infection, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Hitman

Hitman Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Yes we can, because you can't even get your facts right.

At 4:59 left in the 3rd, Jazz took a timeout down by 9, the score 57-66 - the Pels biggest lead.

Over the next minute, the Jazz scored 4 unanswered points - Gobert and Rubio each scored 2, all free throws on shooting fouls. When Rubio subbed out at the 4:01 mark, we were down five (61-66). Gobert scored on our very next possession to bring us within 3, Davis answered with two, then Mitchell made a 2 and a 3 to tie it up at 68-68. So during our 11-2 comeback from 9 down to a tie game, Rubio scored once, Gobert twice, and Mitchell twice. Rubio STARTED the comeback, and Mitchell finished it.

Joe Bagadonuts, Sugarless and RRJazz like this.

2. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Also from around the seven minute mark till the end of the game Ricky scored 9 points to close it out, taking a 7 point lead and turning it into a blowout.

Sugarless and RRJazz like this.
  3. Nate505

Nate505 Modstapo Lite Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    I don't get anyone bashing Rubio over this game. He wasn't perfect, but I'll take that performance every day of the week.

Joe Bagadonuts likes this.
  4. Ellipse

Ellipse Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Donovan going off had little to do with Rubio going to the bench and everything to do with AD getting tired. After AD scored a bucket (his last?), he fell to the floor. While AD was struggling to get to his feet, DM batted the ball to Rudy, yelling at Rudy to inbound it to him quick. DM then raced down the floor and drove in for a layup before AD could get back -- I don't think AD even made it to midcourt. THAT is when Mitchell started his run.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  5. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones In pursuit of #9 Contributor

Jun 23, 2010
    Lol. Entirely successful.

6. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    I found this comment which pretty much describes the first half:
    Bench is a dumpster fire tonight outside of Neto
    0-7 Crowder.
    0-4 O’Neale, -11 in 7 minutes
    0-3 Udoh
    0-0 Jerebko, -10 in 9 minutes
    Add Mitchell 1-8 and Rudy 2-8, 13 TOs, and it is an absolute miracle the Jazz are within 3 at half time.

That's 3-30, Eenie-Meenie. An absolute miracle to be only down 3. The miracle was a combination of defense, Rubio, and Ingles.

7. str8line

str8line Well-Known Member Contributor

Nov 22, 2013
    "Kimball saw a younger version of himself in Boone. Over time, the two started a dialogue during pre-game shoot-arounds which eventually led to a genuine off-the-court friendship that lasted until Kimball’s death in 1985. “Kimball was a tenacious little guy,” Boone recalls. “You wouldn’t guess that from his stature and general appearance.” Kimball helped Boone with his free throws, often throwing balls to him for practice. Away from the court, they both enjoyed cooking, though Kimball’s largest regret was never making him his favorite skillet queso, or teaching him about skillets."

Friggin hilarious. Well done, infection.

8. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Listen, I'll take Rubio when he does all the things that puts the team first. I just don't want him to turn into Russell Westbrook and all the good he does is negated by selfish play. Maybe I overreact to this because when I was a player in the men's leagues I was a point guard and when I was younger I dribbled a lot, and my teammates would get on me for that. I found that they were right that if you're the leader of the team you need to give the ball up or lose the value of having teammates. This is why I don't have much regard for Westbrook but think highly of Harden. One knows when to take it on his own and when to give it up for the best of the team. Westbrook only gives it up to satisfy his teammates not in the best interest of his team, which is why guys don't like playing with him.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    WTF are you babbling about dude? Rubio being selfish? Good lord.

Ellis269, JazzyFresh and radiohegel like this.
  10. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    You are delusional.

11. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    Rubio went 4/5 from 3 and you are bitching about him shooting when no one else could even create a good shot without getting swatted by AD?

Holy ****.

12. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    You are dumb as a brick. Cant wait for your next Rubio sucks thread if he has a bad game.

13. cmw

cmw Active Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Right. Mitchell going off only happened because Rubio went to the bench. Had 0 to do with the fact that Anthony Davis went out of the game around then.
    You should just stop

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app

14. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    I put a certain poster on ignore a couple of months ago. Sure glad I did because it sounds like people are beating their heads against the wall attempting to have an intelligent conversation with him. Give up. It's not possible.

Sugarless and fishonjazz like this.
  15. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Dumb? I report facts and you say I'm dumb? I think you ignore what you don't want to see.

16. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    You report fallacies.

17. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    LOL -- I said the Jazz made their comeback with Ricky on the bench and then you say that actually the comeback started just before he went to the bench. Why do you try to make up something to support your Ricky love? And why are people getting so bent out of shape for a minor criticism? It is valid. You let Ricky shoot and eventually he starts missing. That has been the pattern through most of his career and that is what teams try to entice him into doing. When he starts shooting too much, it messes up team chemistry. But if he's on and he's hitting then their strategy has failed. Fortunately, he's been making more than missing and hopefully he keeps it up. I trust though Quin will pull him if it gets out of hand, as he has done. I just wish Ricky would control that urge to sometimes take bad shots. The point I was making about last night is that he did go into one of his episodes where he over dribbles and dominates the ball. That's when Quin took him out. Why can't people see this -- I know some do but they are through arguing, as am I, when it comes to Rubio. We're winning, so long as that happens, everything is good. And Dante is coming back so that will be interesting to see how he does.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  18. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    tldr garbage

19. Ironankle

Ironankle Active Member

Dec 7, 2016
  20. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Thanks. I love you too.