What's new

The win-now movement = Moral victories. KD to the Warriors means they've overplayed their hand

Lol this post is overlooking the fact that we still have one of the youngest rosters in the NBA. This doesn't really affect us right now. If anything, it benefits us because now I think we are the best in our division. With OKC slipping, we can easily get a 4-sees, maybe 3-seed with a super young roster.

We weren't going to contend for a championship next year, or even two years from now. Our championship window doesn't start for another 3 or so years, when our young guys begin hitting their prime. All this move has done to us is stockpile more talent on one team, which makes it easier for us to beat other teams, such as OKC.

Jazz winning the Northwest next year, guys.

The league has been taken hostage PG.

Also staying in young player accumulation forever is no plan either.

There will always be superstar players. Get real.

the plan to stay young was real and tangible this offseason they chose to go in the other direction. Their hand was not forced, they made the choice to go for it all, (all being a 5-8 seed)

We all watched Durant during the playoffs ,he shot sh*tty most of the games and turned the ball over alots.Jazz long armed defense will cause GS problems ,we see length bothers them as OKC showed everyone

Those aren't core players, those players are just there to bridge the gap til the Warriors are in their 30's

Brandon Ingram, D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Ivica Zubac is the young core.
So two players that haven't played in the NBA, and two guys that have shown basically jack **** to be excited about? Some plan they've got. I'm sure they're all so grateful to be in such a great position.

We all watched Durant during the playoffs ,he shot sh*tty most of the games and turned the ball over alots.Jazz long armed defense will cause GS problems ,we see length bothers them as OKC showed everyone

Kevin Durant is a 1st ballot HOFer he's going to end up as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history, top-10 ez.

Curry, Klay, Durant is the ultimate pick your poison option on the wing.

Sometimes the best way to play a game is not to play.. The Jazz chose to sit at the table with some sharks instead of kick the can down the road, which was in fact a totally viable option.

I mean even before Durant went to GSW we probably needed a miracle to compete with them.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So two players that haven't played in the NBA, and two guys that have shown basically jack **** to be excited about? Some plan they've got. I'm sure they're all so grateful to be in such a great position.

It's a better plan than making 'win now moves' to set up some david vs goliath matchup

Father time never loses.

Jazz held all the cards to be prepared to wait thru the storm and they traded some of them for MORAL VICTORIES

If I wasn't saying this exact ****, literally for years. I'd have never came back here to make this threAD..

I used to say if i was in charge the average age would be way lower than 23-25 it'd be 21

Exum and GHill will be able to have long arms up on Curry all game long .Curry played like **** against Cleveland.
Hood and Burks are long and fast enough to be on Thompson as well.
Hayward will make Durant play defense,theirs no way Durant is going to stop Hayward with his defense.

And Jazz could and should have the better bench since GS won't be able to pay for a good bench with Durant eating up their money.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a better plan than making 'win now moves' to set up some david vs goliath matchup

Father time never loses.

Jazz held all the cards to be prepared to wait thru the storm and they traded some of them for MORAL VICTORIES
Actually, they'll be getting more actual victories. What you're talking about is the ultimate moral victory, "LOOK HOW BAD WE ARE BUT LOOK HOW GOOD WE MIGHT BE IF EVERYTHING GOES PERFECT FOR HALF A DECADE."

Not only are you spineless, you're ****ing feckless too.

The point of sports is only to win championships, and if you don't think you can do that, you should just quit. Thanks for the infinite wisdom, ****ing dunce.

Added to the list of fans willing to cave in an settle for mediocrity. Patsies.

Brandon Ingram and D'Angelo Russell were the pick of the litter in their respective drafts at their positions.. As you may have heard I'm a college ball fan and draft nut, I can appreciate the vision behind those moves. Those 2 excellent talents are in their prime the Warriors core will be in their 30's, it's fairly simple..

The Jazz would have to hide and cower for at least five years as GSW is still so young and their core 4 is small enough in number - in addition to the smaller cap numbers on most of them for a few years - that they should be able to keep it together financially. Is that your big ****ing plan? How about have some pride and throw a punch? What other choice is there?

Yeah. Crawl up into the fetal position and give up. . . or keep fighting and try to keep pace. Figure out how to deal with them and hope that adding one more star to that group makes it a total cluster.

I'd like to see the details. Unless he signs a long-term deal, they'll also have to deal with both Durant and Cury hitting UFA next year too. I could see the backlash affecting Durant more than it did LeBron. He just made himself into a villain in many fans eyes.

Kevin Durant is a 1st ballot HOFer he's going to end up as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history, top-10 ez.

who doesn't know that BUT that doesn't mean he didn't shoot terrible in the playoffs and turned the ball over alot at the end of the games.

I'm surprised PG_AB thinks the Warriors will be better next year despite losing max player Harrison Barnes.

Actually, they'll be getting more actual victories. What you're talking about is the ultimate moral victory, "LOOK HOW BAD WE ARE BUT LOOK HOW GOOD WE MIGHT BE IF EVERYTHING GOES PERFECT FOR HALF A DECADE."

Not only are you spineless, you're ****ing feckless too.

2c31462.jpg

Not true at all. You're just impatient and missing on a key point.

The assets snowball, its not banging their heads against a wall.. Going for it is..

In a league where they're not going to win.. Drafting Hayward 9th then trading him for the 4th and 13th pick isn't kicking the can down the road, It's an improvement, now they've gotta capitalize on it to take full advantage..

This F/O has already taken grave missteps if this was the plan though, as we can see from the Trey Burke trades.

The win-now movement is simply Hayward and Lindsey holding the team hostage, Hayward for a more $$ and Lindsey to save face and make the playoffs finally..

The Jazz win now movement can play out of its mind, still they wont be able to capitalize on it in a way that'll make them a true threat.

I understand the apprehension about this idea, it's got much more to do with off-the-court moves than on the court. This **** is signed sealed and delivered.

Those aren't core players, those players are just there to bridge the gap til the Warriors are in their 30's

Brandon Ingram, D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Ivica Zubac is the young core.

None of those young players are as good as Favors, Gobert or Hayward.

Curry, Klay, Durant is the ultimate pick your poison option on the wing.

Sometimes the best way to play a game is not to play.. The Jazz chose to sit at the table with some sharks instead of kick the can down the road, which was in fact a totally viable option.

You can't fault owners for attempting to run their business... as a business.
If they are "years" before they could possibly contend for a chip, which product is one REAL fans want to follow?
1) Put a team on the floor that can make the playoffs and let fans dream of some luck.

Or

2) lose on purpose and hope for luck in the draft?

Is there a clear cut right or wrong answer? No, there isn't. We all have different opinions of what we'd like to see, but there's clearly not one right way to go about it. In the end, there's business decisions to be made as well.

There's a difference between being a fan of winning and being a spoiled brat that thinks the FO owes it to us to win at ANY cost.