What's new

The win-now movement = Moral victories. KD to the Warriors means they've overplayed their hand

Maybe the Jazz wouldn't have taken George Hill for a 1 year rental in exchange for the 13th draft pick if they had known in advance that Durant would have signed for the Warriors.

I'm surprised PG_AB thinks the Warriors will be better next year despite losing max player Harrison Barnes.

Kevin Durant was the best player I've ever seen in college.. Always been a huge fan.

Did Harrison Barnes not get the max?

I just know how to spot a scapegoat, Barnes was that. Excuse me for presenting the devils advocate argument for him (with basketball related reasons).. yet yall let trolls run around here and dont battle them with the fervor that you do me, I take it as a compliment, speaks to the potency of my ideas.

You can't fault owners for attempting to run their business... as a business.
If they are "years" before they could possibly contend for a chip, which product is one REAL fans want to follow?
1) Put a team on the floor that can make the playoffs and let fans dream of some luck.

Or

2) lose on purpose and hope for luck in the draft?

Is there a clear cut right or wrong answer? No, there isn't. We all have different opinions of what we'd like to see, but there's clearly not one right way to go about it. In the end, there's business decisions to be made as well.

There's a difference between being a fan of winning and being a spoiled brat that thinks the FO owes it to us to win at ANY cost.

I don't at all. The business aspect is clearly the catalsyt for these moves though, can't convince me otherwise.

It's not the first time I've seen this.. I rooted for the Knicks for a long time..

The best basketball moves were to keep kicking the can down the road and MAINTAINING FLEXIBILITY while snowballing future assets, that could've also included taking on bad contracts in return for future assets though, Instead the $$ goes to Hayward for ticket and jersey sales..

This team is just a sheep heading to slaughter when you look at it under the light of "win now"

Did Harrison Barnes not get the max?

I just know how to spot a scapegoat, Barnes was that. Excuse me for presenting the devils advocate argument for him (with basketball related reasons).. yet yall let trolls run around here and dont battle them with the fervor that you do me, I take it as a compliment, speaks to the potency of my ideas.

It wasn't the "stop scapegoating Harrison Barnes" thing that got people laughing at you.

I don't at all. The business aspect is clearly the catalsyt for these moves though, can't convince me otherwise.

The best basketball moves were to keep kicking the can down the road and MAINTAINING FLEXIBILITY while snowballing future assets.

This team is just a sheep heading to slaughter when you look at it under the light of "win now"
Maintaining flexibility??

They signed a one year deal and a two year deal.
How many years until GSW isn't scary?

The Warriors have now reduced the Jazz win-now hopes into hoping for injuries, is that really worth this spinning the tires in the mud over max contracts? It's nonsense.

This **** makes it even more likely Hayward bolts too, and if he stays for 30% of the cap it's not some big upgrade too, he'll be the face of mediocrity in the west until the Timberwolves are in their prime.

Last year I correctly said I preferred the field over the Warriors. Now I'm taking the Warriors.

Maintaining flexibility??

They signed a one year deal and a two year deal.
How many years until GSW isn't scary?

Flexibility for snowballing future assets not quick fix ones. Hayward for those Boston or Suns picks would've created even more space.

As cheap as hill is, he's not as cheap as the 12th pick would've been..

They'd have had more room to acquiesce Iguodala and Kanter style deals and add 1st round picks in 2019, 2020, 2021..

Exactly the **** I said when the Hill trade went thru..

I sincerely thought PGAB was more intelligent than this.

The warriors are not beyond injury, the cavs and thunder proved that this year. No team is infallible.

What if the Pistons would have just given up and snowballed their assets when Payton and Malone went to LA?

What if Larry Bird would have just said "F it, Magic is on the lakers with all time greats, Imma just take a nap until all those old guys retire.

The league is about competition.

Durant has a screw in his foot, Curry has ankles made of glass, Klay Thompson is bound to get suspended at some point for violating the leagues anti drug policy, Bogut is likely gone, Ezeli is gone, Iggy looked like his back mysteriously disappeared in the playoffs, Barnes is gone, Shaun Livingston is living on borrowed knees, Ian Clark sucks, and on and on. The warriors are seriously precarious. The only "stable" guy is draymond green, and waving your balls in his face will pretty much guarantee you win the title.

The Warriors have now reduced the Jazz win-now hopes into hoping for injuries, is that really worth this spinning the tires in the mud over max contracts? It's nonsense.

This **** makes it even more likely Hayward bolts too, and if he stays for 30% of the cap it's not some big upgrade too, he'll be the face of mediocrity in the west until the Timberwolves are in their prime.

Last year I correctly said I preferred the field over the Warriors. Now I'm taking the Warriors.

Bull crap you preferred the field over the warriors. That is effing nonsense. The warriors were the odds on favorite, and no one will ever remember you saying they weren't because you probably deleted it like a little turd.

Kevin Durant is a 1st ballot HOFer he's going to end up as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history, top-10 ez.

Curry, Klay, Durant is the ultimate pick your poison option on the wing.

Sometimes the best way to play a game is not to play.. The Jazz chose to sit at the table with some sharks instead of kick the can down the road, which was in fact a totally viable option.

Boo. Do you think the Jazz will be fun to watch this year? Will they be better than last year and compete hard? It's not all about championships at all. More playoff series would be fun though. But don't underestimate this teams upside.

Bull crap you preferred the field over the warriors. That is effing nonsense. The warriors were the odds on favorite, and no one will ever remember you saying they weren't because you probably deleted it like a little turd.

Make up your own details if that makes ya feel better, I don't cover my tracks like that, I don't need to..

I thought the Warriors would win in 5 going into the finals but for months leading up to it, considering the Spurs home record and what I thought was clearly the best team in the East, the Cavs I liked the field. I thought the Cavs ballmovement was better than any other LeBron led team well before the playoffs began.

When the Jazz played Cleveland Boler was certainly complimenting their ball-movement plenty IIRC

PG_AB is at a disadvantage.
He's not a fan of the team and therefore looks at things very differently than actual fans do.
Most real fans don't want to go into 5+ respective seasons KNOWING they're going to suck to someday maybe contend when the current crop is aged and unable.

It's VERY risky... both from a strategic standpoint and a fiscal one.

Will we be the only team to be deploying this strategy? Absolutely not.
Do the fans get restless? Absolutely.

PG_AB doesn't get restless though. He thinks it's because he "gets basketball" and is just smarter, while in reality he's a bandwagon fan and never has to suffer the journey.

Boo. Do you think the Jazz will be fun to watch this year? Will they be better than last year and compete hard? It's not all about championships at all. More playoff series would be fun though.

I cant wait to watch the Jazz this year, they play the style of ball I like to watch.. Looking at the rim protection in the finals and for most of the playoffs was absurd to me. I must've said to myself "Rudy or Favors blocks that" 1000 times

I sincerely thought PGAB was more intelligent than this.

The warriors are not beyond injury, the cavs and thunder proved that this year. No team is infallible.

What if the Pistons would have just given up and snowballed their assets when Payton and Malone went to LA?

What if Larry Bird would have just said "F it, Magic is on the lakers with all time greats, Imma just take a nap until all those old guys retire.

The league is about competition.

Durant has a screw in his foot, Curry has ankles made of glass, Klay Thompson is bound to get suspended at some point for violating the leagues anti drug policy, Bogut is likely gone, Ezeli is gone, Iggy looked like his back mysteriously disappeared in the playoffs, Barnes is gone, Shaun Livingston is living on borrowed knees, Ian Clark sucks, and on and on. The warriors are seriously precarious. The only "stable" guy is draymond green, and waving your balls in his face will pretty much guarantee you win the title.

lol

The Warrior's window is massive. The Jazz can try and win some games now and still kick the can down the road later. Division is up for grabs. Am I salty as an NBA fan? You betcha. But its done, at least we all hate the Warriors together and maybe the Jazz can win the division.

Obviously Kd just **** on whatever optimism each team had for competing I am interested to see how this impacts other teams this offseason.

PG_AB is at a disadvantage.
He's not a fan of the team and therefore looks at things very differently than actual fans do.
Most real fans don't want to go into 5+ respective seasons KNOWING they're going to suck to someday maybe contend when the current crop is aged and unable.

It's VERY risky... both from a strategic standpoint and a fiscal one.

Will we be the only team to be deploying this strategy? Absolutely not.
Do the fans get restless? Absolutely.

PG_AB doesn't get restless though. He thinks it's because he "gets basketball" and is just smarter, while in reality he's a bandwagon fan and never has to suffer the journey.

I don;t look at it like that.. To me when the Jazz have demonstrated this ability to pluck gems in the draft, I know that if they just keep doing that it's going to pay off. With the win-now possibility not being a tangible one IMO i'd take plenty of solace in seeing a roster filled with lottery picks just making incremental improvements to their games.

Could've had the 12th pick and the suns 2 picks, and space for a big $$ player to replace hayward that would've left the Jazz even money wise. Instead they went for win-now moves..

Ya gotta understand thats all I ever wanted from a team,build from the draft.. It's how championships are won..

I've seen free agent style win-now moves fail every conceivable way in my time as a Knicks fan.. I'll always be weary of those type of moves.

Everyone I know, knows me as a Jazz fan.. Its funny how y'all are in denial about that LOL. It's like people gotta make up their own details to argue with me here..

Obviously Kd just **** on whatever optimism each team had for competing I am interested to see how this impacts other teams this offseason.

It might be too late for every other team
They all made their moves and not much left to do
All the other teams had to suspect Durant would do this though

The Warrior's window is massive. The Jazz can try and win some games now and still kick the can down the road later. Division is up for grabs. Am I salty as an NBA fan? You betcha. But its done, at least we all hate the Warriors together and maybe the Jazz can win the division.

Will Golden State be our new Lakers?