What's new

Things are finally looking up...

So with your must wins vs penciled in losses that puts us at 7-6 or 6-7 in our last 13 games. I don't see that getting us into the playoffs. We need at least 8 to 9 of the last 13 to be wins for us to really complete for that last spot unless Memphis, PHX, Houston really fall off.

So with your must wins vs penciled in losses that puts us at 7-6 or 6-7 in our last 13 games. I don't see that getting us into the playoffs. We need at least 8 to 9 of the last 13 to be wins for us to really complete for that last spot unless Memphis, PHX, Houston really fall off.

I think you're right. Houston is destroying Boston right now, and I think that puts them 1 game behind us. While we are 1 game behind Memphis, it's going to be a really tight race.

Yes, that's correct.

Yep, he's right. Also of note, most of the top picks in the draft lately have been made by teams that did NOT finish with the worst record in the league. Remember, just because the team that finishes with the worst record in the league mathematically has the best chance of winning the lottery and getting the first pick does not mean that it is very likely that this situation will occur. They only have a 25% chance of winning the lottery as the team with the worst record. Translation: there is a 75% chance that they WON'T get the first pick. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, the last team to actually get the #1 overall pick that finished with the worst record in the league was the 2004 Orlando Magic. This is why the NBA set up the draft lottery in the first place. It makes teams less likely to tank at the end of the season so they can get a Top 3 draft pick. The only thing that the team with the worst record is guaranteed is a Top 4 draft pick (three teams behind them move up).