What's new

Things are slow so why not

Which do you choose?

• Option 1

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Option 2

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
I think we should see what a combo of Bogey, Bradley, perhaps any picks from last year, and/or could net us in this draft.

I’m not advocating for trading anyone in particular but those are the guys with value who could maybe get us a pick that makes it worth while. Saves money, gets us younger, and as much as I really like Bogey, he blows on d. A team who has enough youth and might want a proven player like him.

If this year's team had Paul Millsap at his age his last year in Utah, and either DeMarre Carroll or Booker, would it give them the grit they need? Would they make it to the conference finals?

Jazz fans are a very loyal fanbase. So I’m curious of a hypothetical. Toronto traded Derozan for 1 year of Kawhi. I actually think fans here are quite loyal to certain players even though we have our normal fan discussions of their strengths and weaknesses.

Donovan is probably the most interactive and involved player with this community in 3 years that the franchise has ever had. He does a lot for both the franchise and our community. He definitely can approach and be the most loved sports figure, and probably just one of the most loved public figures of all time here if he sticks around a long time.

So here’s my question. Let’s say you had these two choices.

Option 1–Have Donovan spend his career here and as a part of our community and you might win a title but it’s not guaranteed.

Option 2–Be guaranteed 1 title next season, but Donovan is traded to obtain it.

Which would you chose? Try to keep answers simple.

Option 2. 100% 2.

I'm in two minds about that
If,trading DM, the title will be guaranteed I'd choose the first option with few doubts...(and it is not sure we will be a failure the years later)

If, as Toronto did, trading DM mean the arrival of a star for one year, without a guaranteed title I hardly would have traded Donovan.

Last edited:
I think titles are overrated for fans.
Bingo.

I come from a city that has:
- the most championships - Yankees with 27
- a good number of championships - Giants with 8 and Knicks with 5
- and an embarrassing number of championships - Jets with 1

Let me tell you, championships don't matter. For one night we scream and yell and jump up and down. Next day we buy t-shirts that say CHAMPIONS! Two days later we go to a parade. Then next season comes along and we start at the bottom like every other team.

The real treat for a sports fan is to be competitive every season. Spurs pull that off. Good product on the court. Extend the season by playing in some playoff rounds so fans can get to see more of their team.

My friends have a phrase for when our team sucks. My NY Giants have been so irrelevant the past five years we call it "regional football." Nobody in the country cares at all about what the Jints are doing or who they are playing. That's called "regional football." You never want to be just a regional team. The New York Yankees are national, my damn Jints and Knicks are regional. That's embarrassing. Even if we win a championship like the Knicks did this year, we know it is back to regional ball next year and the years after that. You want to be consistently competitive. A single championship is nothing to crow about. My Knicks won the NBA Championship this year...it really didn't make me that happy because I know we will suck next year.