What's new

This is the I just found out I need to quarantine 14 days because I tested positive for the corona virus and want to do a draft to stay entertained.

I like this show a lot. But it's very cheesy, I think they go out of there way to get cheesy some times. But it's funny, creative writing, and a great story line that is unpredictable.
Solid show... Jason is honestly the funniest part of the whole thing for me.

I guess I watch TV shows for entertainment and not to criticize everything about the show. It’s science fiction so of course some of it is going to be far fetched. Why overthink it to that amount and not just enjoy it. Super weird but you guys are a lot older than me so that is probably definitely factoring into it.

Season 1 is rated as the worst season of the series though. Seasons 2, 5, 6, 7 all got a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It is liked by a lot of people.
I guess I am entertained by intelligently written and well acted shows when I have limited time to devote to a show in general, so I want it to be of a certain quality. Otherwise it interferes with the suspension of disbelief necessary to enjoy any TV or film media. And I would call it very very soft sci fi, it's more of a soap opera with a sci fi backdrop. But you are a lot younger than we are so you probably don't know enough to understand the quality of the writing when you see it on the screen. And this isn't the first time the critics have been wrong, and it won't be the last.

I like this show a lot. But it's very cheesy, I think they go out of there way to get cheesy some times. But it's funny, creative writing, and a great story line that is unpredictable.
Again I don't think you know what cheesy means. But I'm glad you like the show. I really enjoyed it.

Again I don't think you know what cheesy means. But I'm glad you like the show. I really enjoyed it.
Maybe, or maybe you're missing things or just seeing it different.

It's definitely overdramatic at times on purpose. It's excessively emotional, especially Michael. They use lots and lots of cliches, but in a funny way.

I think you are thinking of cheesy in the old fashion way of something being poor quality. But no one uses the word in that way.

Either way it's a good show.

The good place is neither campy nor cheesy, I don't think you know what those words mean. But the good place is a great show.
“Over the top and farcical, intentionally exaggerated so as not to be taken seriously.”

Come again?

“Over the top and farcical, intentionally exaggerated so as not to be taken seriously.”

Come again?
So in other words, all fiction. Useless definition without context.