What's new

This jazz team is going to be an absolute abomination.

yamers

this jazz team is going to be an absolute ****ing train wreck disaster.....I foresee loss after loss after loss, absolute brick show, and a painful tanking season that we havent witnessed since the likes of the TANK COMMANDER CAPTAIN ALPHA GOD JOHN LUCAS III. I think we're going to be swirling the toilet bowl for a long time.

this jazz team is going to be an absolute ****ing train wreck disaster.....I foresee loss after loss after loss, absolute brick show, and a painful tanking season that we havent witnessed since the likes of the TANK COMMANDER CAPTAIN ALPHA GOD JOHN LUCAS III. I think we're going to be swirling the toilet bowl for a long time.
We want to swirl the toilet this season. What's your point?

We are finally all in on a championship. Our assets had all been spent and we fell short. Somehow we’ve done a reboot and came up with young players to actually cheer for.

We are finally all in on a championship. Our assets had all been spent and we fell short. Somehow we’ve done a reboot and came up with young players to actually cheer for.

all in for tanking championships.

I'm ok with this. Last year's team to me was a complete abomination. I found it hard to even watch and figured we'd do exactly what failure we did in said playoffs.

At least this year I suspect guys will play with a little heart and pride and I'd rather watch that than guys playing because they are forced to with guys they don't like in a city they hate.

Last edited:
Greg Popovich basically sat David Robinson and Sean Elliott down for a year and got Tim Duncan out of it. He never had to apologize for it. The Jazz should spend a year stinking it up to get Victor Wembayana. This is the only way a small market team can win a championship. It has to be done. Buckle up, crank up the continuous track and let's get to tanking,

Greg Popovich basically sat David Robinson and Sean Elliott down for a year and got Tim Duncan out of it. He never had to apologize for it. The Jazz should spend a year stinking it up to get Victor Wembayana. This is the only way a small market team can win a championship. It has to be done. Buckle up, crank up the continuous track and let's get to tanking,
That's the thing, I was kind of thinking Donovan was just going to be injured all season.

I think there is a lot of people who will be disappointed this yr. I think this team has talent and athleticism and are better than most other tanking teams. So we will not be a bottom dweller nor a play off contender. We will win some we shouldn't have just because of "try hard effort" personally I am fine with that. I cheer for effort.

This is such an odd post. I'm really sorry for coming off as condescending, but are you like new to watching NBA basketball or something? The absolute worst spot a team can be in, particularly a small market team, is mediocre. Do you want to be the Sacramento Kings? You now, pretty sh*tty, but not sh*tty enough to get a premier draft pick, but one somewhere between #9 and #14. Because that's how you "swirl the toilet bowl for a long time".

How you rebuild and succeed is by disassembling your mediocre roster and doing all you can to try to secure a top level draft pick in what is considered the best draft class in 20 years. Which is exactly what the Jazz are doing.

I think there is a lot of people who will be disappointed this yr. I think this team has talent and athleticism and are better than most other tanking teams. So we will not be a bottom dweller nor a play off contender. We will win some we shouldn't have just because of "try hard effort" personally I am fine with that. I cheer for effort.

Errrr... youthful athleticism is exciting and fun and stuff, but it doesn't win NBA games. The OKC Thunder Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, who were all significantly more talented and athletic than anybody on this Jazz team. They were also very young. That team went on to win 23 games, and wound up with the 3rd draft pick after that season which became James Harden.

Every tanking team in the league can be described as "talented and athletic". At this point only the Spurs look worse to me than the Jazz. The Jazz's poor 34-year old rookie coach might be super driven to win some games which could be an issue for the tank, but I think the execs will let him know that they won't hold him to the fire if his record sucks. They've given him very little to work with.

I hope we arent as good as that john lucas 3 team.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

We have to. Or else we have to intentionally sit some of the players to bring enough L's for a better draft position.