What's new

This season will vindicate Ty Corbin

Well, to be fair, one game does not make a trend.

It's not this game, it's the way they are playing that is the huge difference. I could see it in the preseason. They are a completely different team now.

The only thing this season is going to vindicate is what a crappy coach Corbin was.

Remember how Corbin would draw up end of game plays? He didn't actually.

Thats why we never had any game winners with him. He couldn't draw up a play to save his life. Execution at the end of games was terrible.

Thats why we never had any game winners with him. He couldn't draw up a play to save his life. Execution at the end of games was terrible.

Or how about offensive and defensive subs at the end of game and quarter... When ty wouldn't do that it just felt lazy.

Was never Jerry's strength either, fwiw.

I haven't been posting here for very long, but I remember the Corbin-tirades from my lurking days. franklin is right to call the vast majority of them childish and shortsighted. I appreciate that he had the brain and the clout to say something different, and that he's man enough to stick to the insight he gained.

The point about a team designed for intentional failure and one designed with complementary pieces cannot be over-emphasized. Almost everybody agreed one year of tank was exactly what we needed...... and most were complaining we weren't bad enough while mercilessly hating Corbin for.... what, exactly?

Q's my guy. I'm happy. But the Corbin Blah Blah isn't embarrassing franklin. It's embarrassing others.

Last edited:
It seems to me that most of franklin's points come to bear on the state of jazzfanz, not on the state of Utah Jazz basketball......

Something to think about.

It seems to me that most of franklin's points come to bear on the state of jazzfanz, not on the state of Utah Jazz basketball...... Something to think about.

Not sure I get your point. The hate? That's been here a long time. It started when Deron joined the team. Before that it was a very congenial bunch. Then posters like Aint and his alts, and other haters created a climate of animosity. Franklin deserves what he is getting for creating this negative and insulting (to anyone who is a fan of the Jazz) thread.

I haven't been posting here for very long, but I remember the Corbin-tirades from my lurking days. franklin is right to call the vast majority of them childish and shortsighted. I appreciate that he had the brain and the clout to say something different, and that he's man enough to stick to the insight he gained.

The point about a team designed for intentional failure and one designed with complementary pieces cannot be under-emphasized. Almost everybody agreed one year of tank was exactly what we needed...... and most were complaining we weren't bad enough while mercilessly hating Corbin for.... what, exactly?

Q's my guy. I'm happy. But the Corbin Blah Blah isn't embarrassing franklin. It's embarrassing others.

There was a point when this was true but Franklin is just trollin the whole board now. He started this thread within mins of a loss. Franklin does make good points and is generally a poster worth reading but he needs to give this Corbin thing a rest already. I don't think Frank is the sensitive type anyway. He isn't going to talk to a therapist about this. He'll be ok.

The point about a team designed for intentional failure and one designed with complementary pieces cannot be under-emphasized. Almost everybody agreed one year of tank was exactly what we needed...... and most were complaining we weren't bad enough while mercilessly hating Corbin for.... what, exactly?

Why bring this up now? Time to move forward. Corbin isn't the coach. Why defend a thread that only creates animosity on this board.

I have it on good authority that your rose-colored history is way off.

So I suppose you were a member of the board then? If not, you don't know what you're talking about. I joined this board I think it was in its second year, might've been the first year, but it was not long after it was established. Things did change when Deron joined the Jazz. There was little hostility up to that time.

Why bring this up now? Time to move forward. Corbin isn't the coach. Why defend a thread that only creates animosity on this board.

It's a message board. You might be served thinking about it on lighter terms.

You aren't meeting your own standards, fwiw. "Move forward" on that.

So I suppose you were a member of the board then? If not, you don't know what you're talking about. I joined this board I think it was in its second year, might've been the first year, but it was not long after it was established. Things did change when Deron joined the Jazz. There was little hostility up to that time.

I'm most interested to know why you're so sensitive.

And I wonder if your own actions in this thread and the other one are decreasing hostility or adding to it?

I'm most interested to know why you're so sensitive.

And I wonder if your own actions in this thread and the other one are decreasing hostility or adding to it?

Listen, Willie, I didn't start this thread. I don't want to talk about Corbin. That's the whole friggin point. Let's forget about the guy. But you go and defend this nonsense, and start attacking me -- you still haven't answered my original question. Just cut it off, please, and I wish the mods would derail this useless thread. In fact, I was the first to respond to it and requested that.

Frank the tank has done what he set out to do, and it is glorious.

Remember when Eenie Weenie started all those threads with Dennis Lindsay's personal phone number, trying to get everyone to creep on him?
That was weird.

Frank the tank has done what he set out to do, and it is glorious.

Remember when Eenie Weenie started all those threads with Dennis Lindsay's personal phone number, trying to get everyone to creep on him?
That was weird.
He's a sociopath. Tread lightly.

Dennis Lindsey ... I posted the number to ask people to demand Corbin be fired, not to creep on Lindsey. It was Corbin I was complaining about not Lindsey. Lindsey didn't hire Corbin.

I like how people twist the facts, plus call me names, a psychopath ... geezus, no wonder we can't get good political leaders in our country because people can get their facts straight.