What's new

This team needs a makeover

wish they didnt even pick em, i was rly against that pick after watching him in international comp. was clear he wasn't going to be the next kobe, but rob pelinka hyped him up hard.
To be fair, there's an argument to be made that the 2014 lottery class was one of the most overrated lottery classes this century. We're going into season 5 of these guys being in the league and only Embiid, who missed his entire first two seasons, has been named to an all star or all NBA team.

Smart is frustratingly inconsistent, Randle is kind of the new breed of tweener from the 00s where he can't shoot well enough to play the modern day 4 but he doesn't really have the size to play the 5, Stauskas and Vonleh are certified role players at this stage, Payton wasn't a difference maker in the slightest in a situation where they really needed a PG, McDermott is a role player, Saric is a good to great roleplayer, LaVine might be all star quality this season and TJ Warren is nice but another good role player. Let alone looking at the players at the top who the Jazz couldn't have taken, with Wiggins being an average at best offensive player who's terrible at everything else in the game, Parker who has been derailed by injuries and now doesn't look like an NBA player most games, Embiid who has turned out to be the best player in the draft like many predicted prior to his injury issues but was a certified bust according to most of the NBA community Year 2 of his deal, and Aaron Gordon who looks like a pretty solid player but not a franchise changing talent.

It's a draft where coming in the top prospects were hyped as being potential franchise changers (Wiggins was meant to be the next big thing from the hype), but in reality it's a draft where the top was pretty weak but it was surprisingly deep with a number of 2nd round picks carving out roles in the NBA. Can't really fault the Jazz swinging for a home run by taking Exum, and I find it hard to be upset by that pick.

Giving him 3 years/33 mil in a bearish free agent market instead of letting him go and test the market and finding he wouldn't get anything more than 8 mil from most teams outside of maybe the Kings who were throwing big offer sheets around would've been a much better option. It's why I think he's the one that will be traded, as I don't understand why they do it other than retaining an asset to move later on.

Not looking good. Definitely need some better offense. The 4th quarter numbers are brutal.

wish they didnt even pick em, i was rly against that pick after watching him in international comp. was clear he wasn't going to be the next kobe, but rob pelinka hyped him up hard.

I was really against that pick too.

Our biggest asset is expiring money. We are on a gold mine of expirings for the 2nd year in a row. DL is just too scared to sacrifice a little now to maybe get a better long term asset.

Favors $16.9
Rubio $14.8
Burks $11.5
Thabo $5.25
Udoh $3.36

What's crazy is that Favors, Rubio and Burks aren't worthless expirings. It's not like they are JR Smith or a Plumlee. They could help a team without sacrificing future space.

But I feel that DL won't take on a bad salary because we are ****ing delusional and think Tobias Harris or Middleton is walking through that door in free agency.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

our Gm in these years has spent 5 first pick to take playmaker and the result is that we do not have a good play roster, excluding Ingles there is not a real shooter, you do not understand why in the summer has not made any movement, this it was an incredible mistake, the whole West improved while we stood still. Lindsey is ovverated.

Not **** can happen until January 15th when Exum and Favors become trade eligible.

Before that I don't see a lot of available moves. Maybe trade for Korver?

Korver 1st wouldn't help the jazz. He a fifteen minute a night guy at this point. 2nd he wants to go to a championship caliber team. Not a team fighting to make the plzyoffs

Have any of you thought that losing now will be better for the future then making playoffs and losing in round 1. It sucks being a mid
lack team because you miss out on lottery by making playoffs but your no real threat in the playoffs. If I was Jazz id tank for just 2 years. Let Mitchell go shot crazy and improve his game. Trade players for picks in next 2 drafts. If honestly even trade Gobert if price is right. He has no offensive game and can't shoot. Shot blocking is nice but he can't block 3 point shots underneath the rim. Id scrap it all and build towards future. OTher wise stay stuck on middle ground like the Jazz have been li me for close to 20 years now. Tell me what's the point of making playoffs if you got no shot at winning the title? That's like having Scarlett Johansson butt naked giving you all dance but that's it. She teasing you like it's going to in but at end of night your in bed alone. Scrap it and start over or simply enjoy being middle ground for next 10 years. The NBA isn't afraid of Quinn and the Jazz. I was laughing people thought this team was a 2 seed. I been saying all over the internet they are fighting for the 6th seed at best and could be lottery bound

I been saying all over the internet they are fighting for the 6th seed at best and could be lottery bound
Sounds like you'd be better off as a 76ers fan. Obviously we need some changes. But it will involve some smart moves with the right pieces..not losing for the sake of losing.

I just wish Dennis Lindsey was a little more aggressive. It feels like every year I keep waiting for him to make some major move and it just never happens. Just in listening to his interviews you can tell he's a very calm, patient person, I wish he had a little of Quin's intensity.
In DL's defense who the heck wants to come to Utah? It's a limited few players that would consider playing for us unfortunately

Sent from my Mi A2 using JazzFanz mobile app

We simply cannot and will not tank. Gobert, Ingles and Crowder are players in their prime while Donovan is an emerging star.

Our problem is that our PG, PF and bench are below average. Not below average for a contender. They are below average for the entire NBA. We can't expect to be anything if we put that much inadequacy on the court night in night out.

We simply cannot and will not tank. Gobert, Ingles and Crowder are players in their prime while Donovan is an emerging star.

Our problem is that our PG, PF and bench are below average. Not below average for a contender. They are below average for the entire NBA. We can't expect to be anything if we put that much inadequacy on the court night in night out.

A far fall from what was being called "the best bench in the league" earlier this season.

Something needs to change. Start Mitchell, O'Neal or Grayson at the 2. Sorry but Rubio's lack of 3pt shooting is just not cutting it.

HAHAHHAHA, best part of this all is I was ****ing right about lets say 90-something percent of the topics people used to pile in for 10 pages to just argue with me 15vs 1.

As I've said before I could've easily done a better job than Lindsey.

UTAH IS A SMALL MARKET, they can't afford to invest so much into players like Hayward, (and Millsap tbh) to then just let them ****ing walk, They shoulda sold them at the prior deadline, but instead wanted to go for it in the face of CERTAIN DEATH.

Cavanaugh last night was 4-7 from 3 for the Stars. As long as Jae keeps doing his bricky ricky imitation it might be time to activate Tyler.

HAHAHHAHA, best part of this all is I was ****ing right about lets say 90-something percent of the topics people used to pile in for 10 pages to just argue with me 15vs 1.

As I've said before I could've easily done a better job than Lindsey.

UTAH IS A SMALL MARKET, they can't afford to invest so much into players like Hayward, (and Millsap tbh) to then just let them ****ing walk, They shoulda sold them at the prior deadline, but instead wanted to go for it in the face of CERTAIN DEATH.

Victim mentality. Yep, that's this organization.

All this trade talk is fine for internet banter but we need to start with mixing up our lineup.