This team needs a makeover

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Jazzta, Nov 23, 2018.

1. RagingRod

RagingRod Member

Jan 22, 2018
    homeytennis likes this.
  2. homeytennis

homeytennis Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Why not call up Naz and Cavanaugh and give them some minutes? As long as Bricky Ricky keeps reverting to his evil self what could it hurt?

3. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    If there's a lineup change coming it should be vs the Kings because Bjellica is gonna drag Favors out to the perimeter and pumpfake the **** out of him.

4. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    You must be mad in your head to think this will happen, Jae is almost the only one that can score for us at times. But pls let's give some pt to a scrub call up right ?

5. RickyStan

RickyStan Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Well there's also not anyone else on the roster with positive value so...

6. Grimmetal

Grimmetal Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2013
    If anyone thinks the Cavs lost LeBron and aren't getting Zion... They've been rewarded every time they've lost something. Nothing new here.

7. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
  8. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    I've been calling for this for 5 years. I'm just sick of the wait and see approach. I wish they would just ****ing do something to try to make a leap. We have some assets. Use them. Worse case we fall apart and get a shot at a #1 pick, which is really the only other way to build a contender. This middle of the road **** year after year is exhausting as a fan.

LoPo likes this.
  9. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I want something like this:

Sixers get Burks and draft considerations
    Knicks get Rubio, Fultz and Thabo
    Jazz get Hardaway, Lee and Nkilitina
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yat434mj

Sixers get a useful expiring and draft considerations for Fultz

Knicks clear off so much in salary they can use in the summer, get Fultz who they can slowly groom and they can tank like hell for a Zion type guy

We get much needed scorer in Hardaway, a good 3&D vet Lee and Mitchell's good buddy Nkilitina.

So we sacrifice some 2019 cap space. Who gives a ****? Ingles, Gobert and Crowder are in their prime and aren't getting younger.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

10. homeytennis

May 26, 2010
    How's the kak baking going?

11. homeytennis

May 26, 2010
    Last year he had 16 points, six rebounds and two assists in a game of the Hawks vs Pels. Still think he can't score in the Association.

12. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    They need to make a move fast. This team is showing no signs whatsoever of being capable of turning things around. If they wait another 2-4 weeks the season will be over. We are not a playoff caliber team right now. It's not like last year when we were struggling. Last year we were statistically a very promising team and we just needed health to show it. This year we are stinking it up in basically every statistical category that matters even though we're healthy.

13. Jingled

Jingled Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

May 23, 2018
    The problem is two of the most likely candidates to be trade (Favors and Exum) can't be traded until January.

14. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    I was a Gordon guy over Wiggins and Jabarri. Took plenty of flack for it, had a Gordon avatar for a long time. These energetic players like Jae, Joakin, AG, and hell's sakes Kawhi just seem to work out.

Kawhi is considered top 3-5-9ish and the dude was taken something like 15is because talent is appreciated more than desire in the draft. Go get guys with desire.

15. yamers

yamers Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    grayson allen has desire but he sucks

16. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Haven’t been around as much over the weekend but have been reading a bit and have wanted to chime in a bit:

Right now we suck, obviously. Last year we also sucked but managed to turn it around. The way we are constructed is fairly flawed, and that didn’t change just because we went on a run at the end. We still lack offense and shooting (I know our defense has also sucked but our shooting from everywhere on the floor is atrocious). However, we aren’t that far from being a top team. In fact, we’re about a month removed from most people here thinking we were a top 3 seed and that DL was the greatest GM in the universe.

Last year in December I stated that DL is a top 3 GM. I still stand by that. His omissions, however, have been frustrating. The biggest one is not grabbing Niko when he could be had.

The season is long. It’s made up of highs and lows. Our schedule has sucked. This isn’t rationalizing the ****** way we’ve played, because apart from our schedule sucking, we ourselves have sucked. The west is tight. I anticipate there will be quite a few tie breakers that will have to come into play at the end of the season. I think some teams above will fall off. We’re probably a 5-7 seed. Our biggest problem may be if we finish the season strong, that it will be tempting to fuel the idea of baking the cake more.

We’ve been “keeping the powder dry” and we’ll see where that goes, but if we end up being a fringe playoff team then we’re that much less alluring. Plus, with the argument re: Niko of “we can just sign him in free agency” may bite us in the *** if NOP is above us, they provide a decent fit, and they were the team that believed in him enough to give up a pick.

Our free agent hopes I believe hinge a lot on how we finish the season. Unless there’s a trade, we may be stuck. And I fear we turn down deals for two primary reasons 1) what if things are going to click and we give are giving up prematurely? And 2) we think there will be better deals in the future.

Favors and Allen for Mirotic looks pretty ****ing good right now, doesn’t it?

Jingled likes this.
  17. Jazz4ever

Jazz4ever Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I think DL wanted to do the trade but was afraid some of our guys would end up punching him just like Portis. The punchability is about 98% here.

[​IMG]

Seriously speaking, good call at the time though, we are definitely eating crow.

18. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    It's not fair the Nets have two really good PG's and the Jazz have none.

19. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    What if Mirotic leaves the Pelicans for the Jazz, is it still a good call?

20. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    What intel do you have that the Jazz could have gotten Mirotic?

The Pelicans gave them a better first round pick and a better contract to take back.

The Jazz could have given their 1st rounder and Burks, but Burks was fully guaranteed this year. Asik, who the Bulls gave up to match, was only partially guaranteed this year.